Go Back   oOple.com Forums > 1985matty

Conversation Between 1985matty and Si Coe
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Si Coe
    11-01-2012
    Si Coe
    Is it full speed backwards but slow forwards, or slow backwards and full speed forwards?

If its the first its most likely servo reverse on channel 2 on the TX. If its not, its try swapping over any 2 motor wires (there are 3).
  2. 1985matty
    11-01-2012
    1985matty
    hi again, im having a little set back with my buggy, when i wana go forwards its going backwards and vice versa, ive tried all different things on the controller, what do you reckon i can do to resolve it?
  3. Si Coe
    10-01-2012
    Si Coe
    That is your antenna. 2.4ghz systems have tiny antenna's. Some don't even stick out of the shell at all!
  4. 1985matty
    10-01-2012
    1985matty
    just recieved my buggy, bit confused at the minute theres only a small grey wire for the antenna, do you know why this is?
  5. Si Coe
    08-01-2012
    Si Coe
    Normally we use our own tables (I was!) but since there were exam desks around most people used them to save hauling tables around. Whether they are always there I can't really say!
    Our last booked indoor meeting is the 18th of March, so we could be outside the week after. However we are looking at doing a little work on the outdoor track first, so I'd say April.
  6. 1985matty
    08-01-2012
    1985matty
    hi again, went down at about half 11 and nipped in today it was pretty cool stuff, lots of children around but seemed very nice and friendly, ive aso gone with your idea for a buggy and ordered the bx blast rtr 2.4ghz system, im hopefully going to follow the manual and get the vector x12 brushless motor and sxx version 1 esc for it, what else could i do for it?
    I also noticed that everybody had a table, they looked the same is that something that is provided? it could be a while till i get down there and race as im not driving, what month do you go outdoors?
  7. Si Coe
    31-12-2011
    Si Coe
    Someone at Ribble Valley runs an XXB, seems to go pretty well. Looks like its got a lot of B44 DNA in it (Thunder Tiger own Associated) so it handles nicely. Only problem is not many people running them so spares are more tricky.
    The brushless XXB should be doing nearer 40 than 30 with a lipo pack, which is plenty except on a really open fast track. It wouldn't be the fastest on the straight, but over the whole lap should be good enough.
    We've got a couple of racers running LRP Blast BX's. They go nicely and doing cost much, but are only available brushed. Get the 2.4 ghz version then search ebay for an Ezrun 5.5t brushless system - the whole lot should come to similar money to the Sparrowhawk, but be quicker and with more support.
    Or go 2wd and get a B4.1 brushless RTR.
  8. 1985matty
    31-12-2011
    1985matty
    thanks for your reply, i was thinking of the 1/10th scale 4wd thunder tiger sparrowhawk xxb, cheap but tops out at about 30mph outa the box, what type of speed should i be looking at and what price range would you suggest for starting out again? hope you reply again!!
  9. Si Coe
    29-12-2011
    Si Coe
    If you are coming along to watch I'd suggest arriving around 11-12 which is when the racing starts. We actually get in around 9-9.30 but thats all setting up the track and booking in so unless you are racing not much to see!
    We are racing at Moorside campus, in the sports hall. You'll see signs to show you where we are when you get there.
    As you'll see at the club a range of cars get used. We have good numbers of 2wds, 4wds and Short course trucks, so any of these classes could be a starting point. In 4wd (my main class) I use a Yokomo Bmax as do a few others, we have a couple of Laxer Fs2's and quite a few Durango's and B44.1's. All seem to work just as well as each other really.
    TBH My 2wd is a 20 year old RC10 Team, and my Short Course a cheap HPI Mini Trophy, neither top spec racers and I do just as well with them! Any car will do as long as its reliable.
  10. 1985matty
    29-12-2011
    1985matty
    hi si coe, im matthew graham, i spoke to a member of bury metro rc via email not so long ago, and they advised me to come along on the 8th, but what time? and is it still in oldham up moorside? thanks very much, and any advice on what car to go out and buy for getting started with your club would be muchly appreciated!!!!