Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Gnarly Old Dog

Conversation Between Gnarly Old Dog and Garry Spice
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Gnarly Old Dog
    22-08-2008
    Gnarly Old Dog
    Gi Garry.
    Do as the instructions tell you. E pointed out to me (after the car had been in the studios) that I'd fitted the balls upside down - don't forget that I had no instructions - just the carbon brace. Personally, I think upside down gave more ball height clearance to the underside of the tunnel but I've sinced swapped it over and fitted some short neck balls.
    either way, you'll need to play with the washers on the wheel ends to make sure any bumpsteer is minimised - I think the best I achieved with the upside down ones was a little bit of tow out at full compression - not ideal but at least probably safe.
    My first real outing will be next week at the Regional finals - should be a giggle.
    Thanks for the support for Stotfold - I'll defo need it cos I'm rubbish round there!!
  2. Garry Spice
    21-08-2008
    Garry Spice
    hi andy got a question for you.i`ve got the e speed steering rack for my xx4.the question is on the x factory website it shows the ballstud on top but your x5 in racer mag shows it underneath! which is right? oh,where do i need to put some washers to cure bumpsteer?soz for all the questions.good luck at stotfold.