oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   NEAM Seaham Sunderland (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Ramp build! update..... (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142239)

Steven Forster 02-01-2014 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispattinson (Post 826043)
Hi Andy.
I think this a great idea, thanks for looking into it. Our ramp building equipment is getting a little tired. Much appreciated you are looking into it, let's get some feedback on budget, but I don't think it should be an issue.

I think we also need to get a new printer.

I can order one. Thinking of this:
http://www.ebuyer.com/399467-canon-i...ter-6374b005aa

Or this
http://www.ebuyer.com/399464-canon-i...ter-6374b003aa

Is there any laser jet printers at pc world....I could go and buy one today with the club money I've got....at least that way I can install the drivers and have the printer ready to go for Sunday ???

Cheers

dpackster1980 02-01-2014 03:10 PM

If the cartridges are cheap and not just the printer then do it.

chris68nufc 02-01-2014 06:15 PM

I thought our printer is pretty new.....for once I thought we were all sorted in the electrical department??

When's the AGM aswell?

dpackster1980 02-01-2014 06:31 PM

I'll speak to Ian but ideally the weekend after this round of Worksop.

ja76 03-01-2014 01:13 AM

guy's I would recommend 12mm ply for the face of the jumps and any table tops as anything less and you'd run the risk off people putting there feet through it when marshalling, plus would add strength too so wouldn't need as much 2x2
You could use thinner ply on the sides and buy rough sawn 2x2 which would be cheaper than dressed timber
Just and idea, I also have a trade point card for b&q so would save 10% off price and you'd get the board cut for free if you have the sizes you need ;)

fletch75 04-01-2014 05:26 AM

I would be willing to help clear out/reorganize the garage I think there is quite a bit of space available in there as is
but there is allot of gear that doesn't seen to be used on a weekly basis i'm free most days and weekends just let me know when I can help

dpackster1980 04-01-2014 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ja76 (Post 826753)
guy's I would recommend 12mm ply for the face of the jumps and any table tops as anything less and you'd run the risk off people putting there feet through it when marshalling, plus would add strength too so wouldn't need as much 2x2
You could use thinner ply on the sides and buy rough sawn 2x2 which would be cheaper than dressed timber
Just and idea, I also have a trade point card for b&q so would save 10% off price and you'd get the board cut for free if you have the sizes you need ;)

Cheers for the heads up. Andy has been given the go ahead so I'll be seeing him at Worksop this weekend and tell him.

Thanks to everyone for the offers of help you are one of the main reasons why we're the best club in the North East. :thumbsup:

We'll get the AGM out of the way and the following week get there early whist the bands using the hall we can have a tidy up in the garage.

ja76 04-01-2014 01:53 PM

No problems its my job so if you need any boards or out cutting let me know and can bring big flip saw up
also if you want to borrow my discount card your more than welcome, I can give to you sunday just let me know :thumbsup:

mattr 04-01-2014 04:17 PM

Just an idea, see if you can work out the geometry for some folding ramps.
I did some rough sketches last winter, as our track is shared with the tc guys and we have limited storage storage, but it didn't go any further than sketches!

Just the bigger ones, as that's where you can save the most space.

Andyp 04-01-2014 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ja76 (Post 827082)
No problems its my job so if you need any boards or out cutting let me know and can bring big flip saw up
also if you want to borrow my discount card your more than welcome, I can give to you sunday just let me know :thumbsup:

Cheers Jason for your offer to help, I got most of the gear I need I have a small table saw although most of the sheets I was going to leave 8x4, and I have a compound saw also.

I have been out and got some 2x2 and some 2x1, but I haven't got any ply yet. It's maybe a little more ££s than I expected, so I would like the go ahead before I spend .... I will see the lads @ Worksop tomo .

Very good of you to lend us you discount Jason but I find B and Q to be very expensive eg a treated 2x1 x 2.4m in B and Q is £3.12, the same in a local ish builders yard is £1.20. Even with discount it would have been expensive!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattr (Post 827122)
Just an idea, see if you can work out the geometry for some folding ramps.
I did some rough sketches last winter, as our track is shared with the tc guys and we have limited storage storage, but it didn't go any further than sketches!

Just the bigger ones, as that's where you can save the most space.

Cheers for your ideas Matt although we say our space is limited but we do actually have quiet a lot of space (most of a large garage)it just maybe needs a little tidy/sort out

Andyp 04-01-2014 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpackster1980 (Post 827014)
We'll get the AGM out of the way and the following week get there early whist the bands using the hall we can have a tidy up in the garage.

I was going to suggest gettin there a couple of hours early as I'm hoping to have some ramps done by then, although I'm hoping to have most of the work done I will have to disassemble them a little to transport them and obviously need to put them back together.

Is they anyway we can check with the band that it will be ok to go in the garage early? I know it wouldn't be a problem but we don't really want to upset them as they usuall let me in abit early and start getting the track out even when they haven't finished

Steven Forster 04-01-2014 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andyp (Post 827143)
I was going to suggest gettin there a couple of hours early as I'm hoping to have some ramps done by then, although I'm hoping to have most of the work done I will have to disassemble them a little to transport them and obviously need to put them back together.

Is they anyway we can check with the band that it will be ok to go in the garage early? I know it wouldn't be a problem but we don't really want to upset them as they usuall let me in abit early and start getting the track out even when they haven't finished

Will get there early tomorrow and ask if it will be ok.......It should be ok though as they keep all there gear in the trailer so we shouldnt get in there way ;)

Will also try to find out from the youth centre if there is anything that needs keeping or taking over to the skips ;)

Andyp 04-01-2014 06:25 PM

Good work Dex, I know it wouldn't be a problem but best to ask to keep things sweet

ja76 04-01-2014 06:37 PM

Hi Andy, no probs mate just thought i'd put the offer out as I tend to find they expensive for some bits and cheap for others
But if you do need any help be it cutting or getting bits just let me know :D

Andyp 04-01-2014 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ja76 (Post 827163)
Hi Andy, no probs mate just thought i'd put the offer out as I tend to find they expensive for some bits and cheap for others
But if you do need any help be it cutting or getting bits just let me know :D

Yeah great stuff Jason, like you say some of the bulk buy stuff is quiet good but you maybe know more than me as im just a keen ish DIYer.

I'm not sure how it will pan out but if we end up going to the club early a week on Sunday it would be good if you could bring a drill/driver and help assemble some of the bits I hopefully get made of your available of course

ja76 05-01-2014 01:13 PM

sure Andy I'll bring some with me :D

Andyp 11-01-2014 07:23 PM

Update

Well I managed to get some bits put together, I was running out of day light so the pics are abit rubbish but you get the idea

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/...ps39cec2f3.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4cc0e00d.jpg

A few finishing touches to do but, I don't think they will be much stopping us using them tomo night

dpackster1980 11-01-2014 08:17 PM

That is mental, it looks huge and I love it. Cheers for building it Andy. :thumbsup:

cmgreen 11-01-2014 08:20 PM

Nice one andy :thumbsup:

Andyp 11-01-2014 08:56 PM

Yeah it's a fair size .... It took most of my drive up !!! I'm a lilttle worried about the 'up' ramp being a little steep, I think it does look steep in the pic, only thing to do I guess it to give it a try if it's no good it can be altered in time