oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bury Metro (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   BURY METRO OPENING MEETING SUMMER CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND ONE BOOKING IN (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148424)

Gavin Collingwood 01-04-2014 12:07 PM

Shame you feel that way Alan. I've no idea why? We've done nothing but bend over backwards and worked our socks off to get this track ready and that's the thanks you give us?.... Baffled

Stu Dixon 01-04-2014 12:43 PM

Stu Dixon
2wd and 4wd
Details on the system.....

Cheers

Joshyjol 01-04-2014 01:02 PM

Josh Jolley 2WD - PT 4663156

Chris Elworthy 01-04-2014 01:14 PM

It's a totally different kettle of fish outdoors as the club aren't having to pay for the venue so a gesture such as this is possible and I would I thought a welcome one for any members and visitors who want to try out the great new track.

Yes the final indoor meeting being cancelled was irritating, for myself also but it doesn't make business sense to lose money to hire the hall when the priority was totally reshaping the outdoor track.

Come and race Alan, the new track is great you will soon forget about indoors!!

Chris

Staxman 01-04-2014 02:32 PM

Afternoon

Put me on the list please
Chris Fletcher 4wd
I will pm you my transponder number

I also require a club membership please

rob m 01-04-2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Reeves (Post 849052)
I think free racing, when the club can't afford to hold an indoor meeting and complete the series is wrong. If I can get a lift and come on Sunday I will pay my fees.

this was my first thoughts aswell.

yes the club is now low on funds due to the GREAT new track, but the reason why we are running a free 1st meeting is to create interest , also the track has not been tested properly as it is yet to be finished (any helpers still welcome?) so the first meeting will double up as a test in a way for the track.....but if people feel the need to pay its up to them, but its a free race meeting on a new track! enjoy.:thumbsup:

shaine 01-04-2014 03:21 PM

Im a complete beginner and have never been to your club. Would i be welcome to try some racing with you guys. I have no idea on how it works and could really do with someone showing me the ropes. How many batteries would i need to bring? I have a Schumacher Cougar with a 10.5t motor and pretty much zero skill.

Joshyjol 01-04-2014 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob m (Post 849115)
.....but if people feel the need to pay its up to them, but its a free race meeting on a new track! enjoy.:thumbsup:

Maybe a donation tin in race control???

Holden1979 01-04-2014 04:01 PM

Hi Gav

2wd
Wayne Holden

Cheers

Macman 01-04-2014 04:07 PM

Ian mcwalter
2wd

Thanks

spennyy2k 01-04-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaine (Post 849118)
Im a complete beginner and have never been to your club. Would i be welcome to try some racing with you guys. I have no idea on how it works and could really do with someone showing me the ropes. How many batteries would i need to bring? I have a Schumacher Cougar with a 10.5t motor and pretty much zero skill.

Anyone is welcome down to the club, you can get by on one battery just recharge it between runs off a 12v car battery assuming you have a suitable charger and a 12v.

shaine 01-04-2014 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spennyy2k (Post 849132)
Anyone is welcome down to the club, you can get by on one battery just recharge it between runs off a 12v car battery assuming you have a suitable charger and a 12v.

I dont have a car battery so i was wondering how many lipos i would need to get me through the day.

My charger is mains only.

Si Coe 01-04-2014 05:32 PM

We'll have power in race control - its off a genny so I'd rather people didn't use it unless they have no choice but for a first meeting come and hook up in there.

Si Coe 01-04-2014 06:01 PM

As for the last indoor meeting......

The primary reason it was cancelled wasn't money - it was the fact there was nobody to run race control as both Neil and I had things on. The plan was that I would drive all the way from Wigan to Oldham, set up race control and book everyone in, then leave with the system on Auto - hardly ideal. Factor in that we'd have lost money running the meeting anyway and it made sense to cancel. It was first and foremost about the people who make the meeting possible.

The same must also be said for the new outdoor track, which exists only because of the hard work of a very small number of people. I'll even admit I'm not one of them - I've done nothing towards this new build at all.

The new track is great, and its really going to put Bury on the map, but the thing the club is missing most is Roger. People have made some rather unfair comparisons to Southport and Batley but they are forgetting that Southport has Eric, Batley Dianne. Bury doesn't have a person like that - Neil, Darren and myself have busy jobs, family and other commitments and simply can't just do all the things people seem to take for granted.

Maybe we don't always do things right, but you know what? We are at least doing things. Without that meetings are impossible, which is why we cancelled the last indoors. If you don't like it feel free to come and have a go yourself or at least find someone who can do a better job!

Its YOUR club, but as long as people are willing to leave all the work to a handful with busy lives who don't always have the time to commit as fully as they should its never going to be how you want it.

Rant over, lets go outside and have fun!

Gavin Collingwood 01-04-2014 07:24 PM

Right guys, this is a booking in thread have your discussion elsewhere

johnnygibbon 01-04-2014 10:34 PM

ill be there 2 an hopefully 4wd
and if i can get to the track wenesday night ill do some sticking
and si itll be good to be back outdoors maybe you couldnt help with track but you do plenty for the club like all the committee
itll be nice for us all to get some racing in

Lee1972 01-04-2014 10:38 PM

Could I book in please :
Callum Akeroyd-Bench 2wd
Lee Akeroyd 4wd

Gavin Collingwood 01-04-2014 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnygibbon (Post 849233)
ill be there 2 an hopefully 4wd
and if i can get to the track wenesday night ill do some sticking
and si itll be good to be back outdoors maybe you couldnt help with track but you do plenty for the club like all the committee
itll be nice for us all to get some racing in

The main help we need is with filling track marking hose the more people you have the more easier it is to do

Simion Wabs 02-04-2014 07:46 AM

Please book me in

Simon Wales
PT 8101003 (should be on system)
2wd

Thanks

Weather forecast looks ominous though...

funkygrump81 02-04-2014 08:31 AM

Hi gavin can you book us in please

Wayne perei 2wd and 4wd
Adam perei. 2wd and 4wd
Pt shud be on system if not let me know thanks