oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vintage RC (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Alcyon's Optima Mid and Lazer Performance parts (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127342)

alcyon 29-07-2013 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HKS_TRD (Post 791700)
Layshaft arrived in the mail today :thumbsup:

great ! install it and lemme know how it goes !

alcyon 05-08-2013 10:04 AM

layshaft

Hello everyone, The new batch of layshaft is currently in order. It may take up to a month because the machinist is busy now. I have asked for 5 pieces to be made this time. Please be patient.

HKS_TRD 05-08-2013 12:18 PM

Do you have any of the counter gears left?

alcyon 06-08-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HKS_TRD (Post 794226)
Do you have any of the counter gears left?

yes I do, you want the black ones or the brown ones, the brown ones are harder, but a fellow from Taiwan says it caused his gearbox to over heat. That same fellow also broke my black gears before, but I believed its because he doesn't have the mid B4 slipper. I ran my car last week with the black gears and a somewhat loose slipper (traction was very low) and the gears were fine.

j0pp3 19-09-2013 09:12 AM

Hey alcyon, I just want to report that I used one of your delrin center gears at the US Vintage Offroad Nationals last weekend and it held up fine and the car was smooth and silent! :)

I used flanged bearings and no spacers.

Once again thanks for making these parts.

HKS_TRD 22-09-2013 05:50 AM

Alcyon, have you given any more thought to doing a nylon front gearbox case for the Optima Mid and/or the Lazer?

alcyon 17-10-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j0pp3 (Post 804049)
Hey alcyon, I just want to report that I used one of your delrin center gears at the US Vintage Offroad Nationals last weekend and it held up fine and the car was smooth and silent! :)

I used flanged bearings and no spacers.

Once again thanks for making these parts.

Hey that's great to hear, I used mine 4 days in row and it held up fine too with the B4 slipper that is. I made sure isealed the gearbox and when I took it apart to send my layshaft to DanB4, the gears where clean with no sand in them.

alcyon 17-10-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HKS_TRD (Post 804557)
Alcyon, have you given any more thought to doing a nylon front gearbox case for the Optima Mid and/or the Lazer?

I could but I will have to gauge demand for it. It wont be very cheap to make if the quantities are low.

Welshy40 22-10-2013 11:51 AM

Rama,

What can I say, the layshaft worked well this weekend, only issue i had was I melted the spur gear using my VTS slipper clutch as I set it incorrectly. Still it performed faultlessly :thumbsup:

alcyon 23-10-2013 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welshy40 (Post 811237)
Rama,

What can I say, the layshaft worked well this weekend, only issue i had was I melted the spur gear using my VTS slipper clutch as I set it incorrectly. Still it performed faultlessly :thumbsup:

Hi Welshy, did you modify the layshaft yourself by cutting it short? you know we still gotta work out the final best dimensions before I can start mass producing them. Looking forward to hear some input from you in the form of a handsketch. And by the way I am glad it worked great for you ! All that's left now is to harden the shaft and adjust the slipper lock end.

Welshy40 23-10-2013 05:22 AM

I will give a full update to you this weekend when im next at my computer.

alcyon 02-01-2014 01:22 AM

Happy New Year To every one. I know I have delayed the B4 layshafts for too long, but I have finally got a word from my machinist that 5 pieces will be ready by tomorrow evening. User Jen233233 and witig44 has pre booked one each. Any one else want the B4 shaft? If I get more requests I will ask the machinist to up the quantity to 10 pcs by today.

HKS_TRD 05-01-2014 03:00 AM

Happy New Year to you too

Is this this layshaft the same as the one that James is running?
If so I'll take one

alcyon 05-01-2014 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HKS_TRD (Post 827261)
Happy New Year to you too

Is this this layshaft the same as the one that James is running?
If so I'll take one

yes and no, this layshaft is for the optima mid, not the lazer. We are still fine tuning the lazer one. I am lengthening the spur end and hardening the one way bearing side.

alcyon 28-01-2014 06:19 AM

Ok final word, tomorrow evening 4 layshafts will be ready for the optima mid . Those who have booked from me will be notified. Also a hardened prototype ZX -R layshaft for welshy40 will be ready also.

oli4ke 28-01-2014 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alcyon (Post 833566)
Ok final word, tomorrow evening 4 layshafts will be ready for the optima mid . Those who have booked from me will be notified. Also a hardened prototype ZX -R layshaft for welshy40 will be ready also.

Rama, Count me in for 1ea layshaft for the ZX-R!

alcyon 28-01-2014 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oli4ke (Post 833572)
Rama, Count me in for 1ea layshaft for the ZX-R!

lol, hang on, let welshy40 do testing first before I mass produce these. For now, I cant make one for you. Damn, I am beginning to sound like those manufacturers who make secret parts for sponsored drivers :drool:

HKS_TRD 28-01-2014 11:41 AM

I was going to jump in an say I want a ZX-R layshaft too lol
Anyhow I am sure you will let us know when they are proven and available for purchase

alcyon 28-01-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HKS_TRD (Post 833622)
I was going to jump in an say I want a ZX-R layshaft too lol
Anyhow I am sure you will let us know when they are proven and available for purchase

wrong, I am sure welshy40 will let you know when they are proven and reliable. :woot:

oli4ke 28-01-2014 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alcyon (Post 833648)
wrong, I am sure welshy40 will let you know when they are proven and reliable. :woot:

:D Looking forward to the final release of the Lazer ZX-R layshaft :wub
Hurry up James! ;):blush: