oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Newcastle RC Racers (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   Newcastle R.C. Racers @ TyneMet (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64462)

lazysurfer 12-04-2011 07:49 AM

Well a very busy night last night with 19 racing, the most yet at TyneMet. As Paul mentioned there were a few problems with the Laptop but hopefully it didn’t spoil anyone else’s night as you all still got your 5 races. Although the results may have been a bit of a mess it didn’t affect anyone on the track. A few more ideas for the loop next week to try and fix the problem. Anyone with any ideas why it misses the buggies occasionally and not the TC’s?
One theory is the extra ride height of the buggies so if you could all make sure your PT’s are as low as possible, another was not to have the loop in acceleration zone’s where the signal may be weak due to the motor drawing all the power but having tried this last night it made no difference.
Anyway we ARE racing next week even tho the college its self is closed so no excuses.
Nice to see a few new faces again with Mark Prior and Mick Buckle on the track for the first time and Emily making an appearance.
Hopefully see you all next week.
I was considering stopping the emails but the few I’ve spoke to seem to think it’s a good idea to keep them going as they’re there in your face asking you to come along and will work better than just a post on oople. They managed to drag Mel back along anyway J

PS - I’ve been raving on about how long TC tyres would last - well it appears at 6 weeks they STOP working - no fade away - they just STOP! So new rubber for next week for me.

Cheers

hazzelarator 14-04-2011 10:36 AM

Does anyone have the new points standings? I've Just finished re-building my car after my "brush" with the wall, ripped the front tyre, broke rear wishbone, and ripped the top of the front diff case out. Moral of the story is, get close but not that close :thumbsup:

baD 14-04-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hazzelarator (Post 489957)
Does anyone have the new points standings? I've Just finished re-building my car after my "brush" with the wall, ripped the front tyre, broke rear wishbone, and ripped the top of the front diff case out. Moral of the story is, get close but not that close :thumbsup:

shouldn't you have taken up that moral BEFORE you started into 1:1 Touring cars ............ :woot: :thumbsup:

TangerineDream 15-04-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hazzelarator (Post 489957)

I'll print the standings out on Monday night, from what I remember Chris is leading Mike West by 2pts and Mark and Harry are tied at the top (tho as Mark has a first place this puts him ahead!!)

hazzelarator 15-04-2011 10:30 AM

Sweet as! Yeah I think in 1:1 scale the idea is to hit people as much as possible, although perhaps thats where I've got the wrong end of the stick? :confused:

nobby 18-04-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hazzelarator (Post 490483)
Sweet as! Yeah I think in 1:1 scale the idea is to hit people as much as possible, although perhaps thats where I've got the wrong end of the stick? :confused:

yeah ask jason plato eh harry:woot:

furball85 18-04-2011 07:28 PM

are 1/14th micros welcome or not? if so we will definetly see yous, if not we come to spectate till me and the missus can buy a car.
are you running lipo and brushless or is it just brushed motors?

lazysurfer 19-04-2011 07:47 AM

No Bank Hol Racing

Well another cracking nights racing last night with no hiccups with the laptop which made for a very smooth running meeting.
Good turn out again with 17 racing, 12 TC’s & 5 buggies so thanks to all who came along.
One new face on the track was Gordon and a couple of lads, Peter & Kevin, ex racers came along to watch with the aim of getting back into it.
Hope to see you all again soon with cars!
We seem to have solved the loop counting problem - something as simple as moving the loop further from the decoder!!!!
Well it worked last night so fingers crossed that’s all it’s been - thanks to whoever came up with that suggestion.
Next meeting we must remember to put some track along the back wall - seems that a few skirting board fixing screws are responsible for breaking wishbones at the slightest contact.
Anyway, no racing for the next two weeks due to the bank holidays so no excuses for mot turning up at the next meet which is Monday 9th May.

lazysurfer 19-04-2011 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by furball85 (Post 491794)
are 1/14th micros welcome or not? if so we will definetly see yous, if not we come to spectate till me and the missus can buy a car.
are you running lipo and brushless or is it just brushed motors?

We don't run micros unfortunately - not enough demand.
You're more than welcome to come along for a look tho. I'd llike to say tou could get five minutes on the track with your micro's but couldn't promis ite as it would depend on how we were doing for time - running five races for 3 heats is pretty hectic. Pop along tho, may be able to sort you a few laps at some point in the night or at least give you a few laps with a 1/10th ion the 2 minute gap between races. We run 1/10th buggies and TC's Li-Po/Ni-Mh/Ni-Cd brushed/brushless are all welcome TC's restricted to 19/27 turn brushed tho for TC's anything on buggies.

furball85 20-04-2011 02:20 AM

after watching some videos of the club just wanting to know what tyres the tc guys use? thanks again dude and looking at a tc to get me going lol

lazysurfer 20-04-2011 07:58 AM

Tyres

Hi Furball
TC's all run Schumacher yellow narrow minipins with inserts
Hope this helps

ThePirate 20-04-2011 09:43 AM

hi everyone, im new to all this rc racing, to be precise ive only had one racing meeting. I have joined the club at seaham but would like to do more racing than once a fortnight or less if cancelled, I was told about your club by a seaham club member and I have found my way to here, your club link.
I notice you are asking for new people to come to your club, does this include very inexperienced people, and could you race as a none member???????
thanks in advance,

cheapskate 20-04-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePirate (Post 492441)
hi everyone, im new to all this rc racing, to be precise ive only had one racing meeting. I have joined the club at seaham but would like to do more racing than once a fortnight or less if cancelled, I was told about your club by a seaham club member and I have found my way to here, your club link.
I notice you are asking for new people to come to your club, does this include very inexperienced people, and could you race as a none member???????
thanks in advance,

get youself along in a couple of weeks mate- 9th may is the next meeting, the more people racing the merrier-
dont worry about being inexperienced... you should see my driving:woot::woot:.
i think you can race as a non member as long as you have your brca- lazysurfer would be able to tell you better

Mal

Steven Forster 20-04-2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePirate (Post 492441)
thanks in advance,

SNAP, ive got the bug and wanna do more racing on a more regular basis as I also had my first time racing at seaham 2 weeks ago (names steven by the way) and gutted that its been cancelled this weekend !!! My BRCA membership form is currently in the post on its way to them........I just wanna get out and race or at least try and make it round the track without crashing too much :lol:

furball85 20-04-2011 12:45 PM

you gain experience by driving, and i always look at it as if the guy behind is better he will always get around you lol, its an awesome hobby to get into, been doing it since i was a kid lol, mind you it seems the older i get the smaller the car i seem to race lol:thumbsup:

furball85 20-04-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazysurfer (Post 492423)
Hi Furball
TC's all run Schumacher yellow narrow minipins with inserts
Hope this helps

yea thanks very much do you still trim the inside pins to stop the grip roll etc?? and whats the best insert to use, sorry for all these questions but been long time since i ran an electric tourer:woot:

cheapskate 20-04-2011 01:16 PM

we use 20mm schumacher blue inserts(firm), we dont bother trimming the pins either

TangerineDream 20-04-2011 02:15 PM

Or yellow inserts (schumacher soft), personal preference I guess! Easier to drive but not as much grip! Unfortunately its still not grippy enough to roll.
Seaham chaps, come along we have a seperate buggy heat with usually between 5 and 8 pple, help us fill this up, the track is big enough to take it! And yes non club members can race with brca membership, still just £5

lazysurfer 20-04-2011 05:51 PM

New Racers

Hey guys, in answer to various questions, yes we want more racers, no matter what your experience - heats are sorted on driving ability so you'll always have someone of a similar pace to race against. You can race as a non-member when ever you like so long as you have BRCA membership - tho we'd prefer you to join!!!!
Racing is £5 (FIRST MEETING FREE) every monday except bank holiday mondays - so we're not back on till 9th May unfortunately. Hope to see you guys there.

lazysurfer 21-04-2011 07:52 AM

BRCA Membership

Just a quick point to new/potential new racers - you can race for your first 2 weeks free and without BRCA membership. After your first 2 weeks, while you don't need to be a club member, for insurance reasons you do need to be a BRCA member - or at least have applied.
By happy coincidence - our club membership fee includes BRCA membership! :)