oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Race Chat (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Kifo Paint - where are are you? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89685)

bodgit 17-09-2016 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peakey (Post 956827)
That is what the feedback section is for :confused::confused:

Yes but old "bad" feedback gets buried by new feedback. if somebody does not have a feedback link in their profile how may people actually search for it before buying.
EBay's feedback display is easy to use. I always check feedback before I buy on ebay.

Maybe admin could link everyone's feedback in their profile.
just a thought.

estebandonde 18-09-2016 06:13 AM

When I started this post in 2012, I just got slatted by the big name guys, funny but I've not seen their posts on here defending him now.
It seems if you are a big name or his mate he'll do your shell but anyone else can go to the back of the queue

Well you can't say I didn't warn you..

Try mick butler of RC bodies, great price, great comms and a nice time for a turnaround.

Peakey 19-09-2016 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodgit (Post 956845)
Yes but old "bad" feedback gets buried by new feedback. if somebody does not have a feedback link in their profile how may people actually search for it before buying.
EBay's feedback display is easy to use. I always check feedback before I buy on ebay.

Maybe admin could link everyone's feedback in their profile.
just a thought.

That's why there's a poll feture in the feedback thread so you can see strait away how many they've had.
There is also a search feature on each page so you can go into the feedback section and search there username. It's not that hard and a lot less time consuming than admin (who are volunteers) going through every user matching up a feedback thread.

Hog 19-09-2016 08:02 AM

Seeing as there's a dedicated section for electronics, perhaps we could have one for bodyshells for professionals (and amateurs) to show their creations to allow us without the skills to choose who we'd like to do our next shell?

brian s 19-09-2016 08:09 AM

there already is :- http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9

daz75 19-09-2016 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog (Post 956992)
Seeing as there's a dedicated section for electronics, perhaps we could have one for bodyshells for professionals (and amateurs) to show their creations to allow us without the skills to choose who we'd like to do our next shell?

:lol: use this place much :confused:

Hog 19-09-2016 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daz75 (Post 956999)
:lol: use this place much :confused:

Yes thanks - my post count would confirm that.

It's not entirely obvious though where it is - perhaps something like the model shop section but for bodyshells, rather than it being lumped in with photography and painting techniques.

NeilRalph77 19-09-2016 10:08 AM

I have to agree, rather than comments and thanks and ifs and buts, a dedicated gallery of work for painters with location and contact details, lead times, pricing guide and if their even still painting. Keeping the chatter separate maybe have it so only the painter themselves can post on their page.

Mike Parker 19-09-2016 11:26 AM

Having read this post, plenty of points of view has been put across..

I've painted shells on and off for well over 20+ years, I have always asked for payment for any painting work carried out AFTER the work has been completed, and confirmation pictures sent. Only time when I charge customers for paintwork is done only if specifically asked for this to be done by the customer

I found this to work out quite well, and so have the guys I have painted for (must admit sometimes the wait can be a bit long! but all good things come to those who wait :))