oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   UK Short Course Nationals (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Dates but no venues. (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162775)

Justingt5 26-01-2015 08:00 PM

Dates but no venues.

Hey fellas, I see there are now some dates published for the Nationals this season but no venues announced as yet?

Are these dates firm or subject to change? Need to start planning ASAP if firm as im working half those weekends?

Legend Racer 26-01-2015 09:49 PM

I was hoping to do a few this year but my diary is getting full

Justingt5 28-01-2015 09:05 PM

The dates are legit and confirmed.

Legend Racer 28-01-2015 09:52 PM

Any idea when venues will be confirmed?

jimmy noke 29-01-2015 08:01 AM

Venues

Asap

quincey 29-01-2015 08:37 PM

Why put the Nationals on bank holidays?..rounds 2 and 3 are non starters for me..

Legend Racer 29-01-2015 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quincey (Post 897602)
Why put the Nationals on bank holidays?..rounds 2 and 3 are non starters for me..

I'd not noticed that, could screw my first year racing SC up too :thumbdown:

A.R.C Raceway 30-01-2015 09:41 AM

BH weekends

Are on the sunday not mondays.
Sundays are race days.........
Calender is very tight as always.:)

quincey 30-01-2015 10:11 AM

Sunday's is also slap bang in the middle of the bank holiday..

Darren Boyle 30-01-2015 10:22 AM

The fact the entire first half of the series all clash with 1/10th buggy nationals is also an issue to consider....

Checa 30-01-2015 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quincey (Post 897661)
Sunday's is also slap bang in the middle of the bank holiday..

Yep so now bank holiday traffic on the way home :)

iang454 06-02-2015 08:23 AM

Could we have some idea please of the venues so we can start looking into Hotels etc to get some good deals? :thumbsup:

Can't wait for the new season :drool:

Ian

Legend Racer 10-02-2015 08:47 PM

Do we have any news yet on venues?

Richardson 14-02-2015 12:15 AM

Any more news on locations?? Or at least the first one so I can start to sort arrangements out.

motly407 14-02-2015 09:34 PM

Puzzled on how you can have dates set but no venues.

Could somebody start to fill in the blanks.

Lack of direction or communication is killing me......

regional dates national dates have all been sorted. It's now your turn.

jimmy noke 15-02-2015 05:58 AM

Sc dates

We are trying our best to confirm venues with the dates.
We ask you to be patient for a little while longer...
We appreciate it

alan p 22-02-2015 09:09 PM

I'm sure we could help if you want to travel to Swindon :thumbsup:

tenth track
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d1...rack220215.jpg

or eigth track
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d1...d/DSCF0488.jpg

Legend Racer 23-02-2015 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy noke (Post 900364)
We are trying our best to confirm venues with the dates.
We ask you to be patient for a little while longer...
We appreciate it

Patience isn't the problem, the fact that dates are getting booked up at work is the problem :o
Now I know the dates are there, that's fine if everyone is willing to travel to every venue but if you're not then it's not much help as we still need to tie dates with venues :(

Nitro side 24-02-2015 08:14 PM

Hi, we here at NDOR have also offered to host a round, but heard nothing yet :eh?:

Legend Racer 24-02-2015 08:37 PM

Bring a round to NDOR :thumbsup:

Justingt5 26-02-2015 05:26 PM

Starting to get a bit of a problem this. I need to know where the venues are so I can know if I need to book saturdays off or not and I need 6wks notice to book holiday??

We are another 4wks down the road, who are the clubs/people dragging their feet, I will happily get in the car and go and sort it out:thumbsup:

charlesk 28-02-2015 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justingt5 (Post 901984)
Starting to get a bit of a problem this. I need to know where the venues are so I can know if I need to book saturdays off or not and I need 6wks notice to book holiday??

We are another 4wks down the road, who are the clubs/people dragging their feet, I will happily get in the car and go and sort it out:thumbsup:

Agree, 1st meeting is approaching quickly...

motly407 01-03-2015 07:52 AM

5 weeks to go.......

Only 5 weeks until the first meeting. It could be local to myself or it could be on the moon.
I already know at least 5 guys that have all changed there commitments from the short course nationals to other series.
That's not to say they will not attend any meeting. But just have changed their priority's
this can't be a good thing.

Legend Racer 01-03-2015 08:18 AM

I was hoping to do quite a few rounds of the nationals this year, but not all. It's almost too late to book the time off now so i might have to rethink what I do this year :woot:

iang454 01-03-2015 09:33 AM

I don't really see the problem with not knowing the venues.

We will do all the rounds again this year and as we know the dates we know when we won't be around at home or work etc.

It is a little painful we can't book the hotels etc but I am sure the SC Chaps running the series are doing their best.
Silverstone have just been discussing running a meeting which is good for the SC Nationals and for our club (Silverstone Buggy Club) but obviously if the venues haven't got back to the organisers yet the blame isn't really with the organisers?

Surely it doesn't matter where the racing is as if you are doing a Championship you are supporting the Championship as a whole and not just the venues you like?
The SC Nationals needs to be supported through the whole series otherwise it becomes a none event in the last third of the Championship.

If the entry's keep falling we might be writing on Oople this time next year saying "wish there was a SC National this year???" and who would be to blame, the organisers or the competitors?

Looking forward to seeing a full grid in round 1 and onwards.

Regards Ian

Legend Racer 01-03-2015 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iang454 (Post 902397)

Surely it doesn't matter where the racing is as if you are doing a Championship you are supporting the Championship as a whole and not just the venues you like?

For some of us its not about supporting the venues we llike but I'm sure I'm not the only one on a very limited budget where spending around £100 on fuel and hotel costs for one event isnt an option.

Slider SCT 02-03-2015 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iang454 (Post 902397)
I don't really see the problem with not knowing the venues.

We will do all the rounds again this year and as we know the dates we know when we won't be around at home or work etc.

It is a little painful we can't book the hotels etc but I am sure the SC Chaps running the series are doing their best.
Silverstone have just been discussing running a meeting which is good for the SC Nationals and for our club (Silverstone Buggy Club) but obviously if the venues haven't got back to the organisers yet the blame isn't really with the organisers?

The SC Nationals needs to be supported through the whole series otherwise it becomes a none event in the last third of the Championship.

Because some of us run more than one class and more than one championship, although I'll be prioritizing the sc nats there's at least one track from last year that I'll be happy to give a miss to,if there's an option to do a rd of another championship

Justingt5 02-03-2015 03:58 PM

The issue I have is the fact that some venues are so far away I will definitely need the saturday and possibly Monday off work, so not knowing locations of each round is a issue as I have to give silly notice to swap weekends etc.

Also the date discussed on for the Silverstone round doesnt even appear on the calendar, either that or I wrote the date down wrong?

Justingt5 06-03-2015 04:23 PM

Dates and Locations are now updated on the UK Short Course Nationals Website!

17th May - ARC Raceway

28th June - Telford

9th August - Mendip

13th September- A1 Racing Club

27th September - Silverstone

Get you diary's out lads lets do this!!!!

Tony G 07-03-2015 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justingt5 (Post 897417)
The dates are legit and confirmed.

so much for the dates set as previously mentioned, poor show to have this change of dates so late in the year, well at least the show can go on.......

1rcdad 08-03-2015 09:35 PM

so if the rules state best 5 results from 6 rounds,and there is only 5 rounds where do we stand?

Justingt5 09-03-2015 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1rcdad (Post 903483)
so if the rules state best 5 results from 6 rounds,and there is only 5 rounds where do we stand?

Thats a good question. Im not sure what happened to the sixth round that was showing in the dates initially.

I asked the question once the first dates were published if they were solid and the reply we had at the time was yes. They have since changed but personally for once I am happy with that as I now have less hassle booking them as I am only working 1 date instead of 3 from the previous dates that went up.

Some clarification would be useful, it should be 6 rounds really.