oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   12th & 10th On Road (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Team Magic E4 (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5860)

jimmy 16-10-2007 08:06 PM

Team Magic E4

Apparently this E4 thing is already released - I must have missed that. Anyone have one yet, and what's it like?! I like it just because it looks mad - though I think they should have kept the saddle packs

http://teammagic.com.tw/INS/Team%20M...%20pic%203.jpg

Northy 16-10-2007 08:13 PM

That looks ace!

G

DCM 16-10-2007 08:20 PM

It looks ace, but I dunno about that centre belt, so long and so vulnerable....

Good spec though!

gramey 16-10-2007 10:20 PM

:)Well if they're released here I've missed something, LHS is supposed to be getting me one if they can, but as far as I know it's not even definite that the U.K importer is bringing them in?:)

grindog 16-10-2007 10:43 PM

demon has them for the 19th!

gramey 16-10-2007 10:57 PM

:)grindog, I'll have to eat my hat, I've just googled the E4 and found Demon listing them for the 19th but also showing in stock. I shall be speaking to my LHS tomorrow!!!:)

jimmy 16-10-2007 11:29 PM

I put in a request with mrs.oople - but I don't think she was impressed

Lycan 17-10-2007 06:49 AM

Picked up mine yesterday. Built in about 2hrs.
20% of the kit is pre-assembled so it makes things easier.

Steering is a pain to assemble with a heap of small washers but other than that, went together very smoothly.

Havent had a chance to run it yet.

Belts are farily tight so transmissions seems to have a fair amount of friction. I'm sure it will free up once belts wear in.

Disappointed the car didnt come with new LX shocks but I guess you cant have everything :D

There are some notible changes compared to the prototype kit I have.

Lycan

Lycan 17-10-2007 06:58 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Some pic's

LEGEND 17-10-2007 07:05 AM

ooooowwwwww so shiny. I like:D

DCM 17-10-2007 07:10 AM

it is that long main belt that bothers me, with the small pulleys and no belt guide....

jimmy 17-10-2007 07:10 AM

Lycan, you have a prototype also? Car looks good

mark christopher 17-10-2007 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCM (Post 65119)

Good spec though!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCM (Post 65158)
it is that long main belt that bothers me, with the small pulleys and no belt guide....

take a look at all ic on road cars, 10th and 8th, all use a side belt design, have done for years, no problems at all, its well tried and tested

bender 17-10-2007 11:14 AM

I think you'll also find that the chassis is around 30mm narrower than any current car, meaning the belt is quite a long way from the body.

I'd suggest that if you got a hit big enough to get in there and damage or move the belt, then that's likely to be the least of your problems ;)

bretts 17-10-2007 11:26 AM

Similar to a Losi...(well i think so!)

http://www.teamlosi.com/kits/JRXS-TypeR/Core2.jpg

but better, I like it!!!

jimmy 17-10-2007 11:32 AM

bit like the losi yeah, but with the XX4 belt concept instead! :)
I wonder if they changed the saddle pack layout to appeal to a wider market, or if it was a performance thing... hmm

mark christopher 17-10-2007 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy (Post 65179)
bit like the losi yeah, but with the XX4 belt concept instead! :)
I wonder if they changed the saddle pack layout to appeal to a wider market, or if it was a performance thing... hmm

was to allow for 5 cell mod ;)

mark christopher 17-10-2007 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bender (Post 65172)
I think you'll also find that the chassis is around 30mm narrower than any current car, meaning the belt is quite a long way from the body.

I'd suggest that if you got a hit big enough to get in there and damage or move the belt, then that's likely to be the least of your problems ;)

true the belt is also in side the chassis if you look at the plan view

http://www.oople.com/forums/attachme...6&d=1192604258

DCM 17-10-2007 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark christopher (Post 65162)
take a look at all ic on road cars, 10th and 8th, all use a side belt design, have done for years, no problems at all, its well tried and tested

But it isn't an IC car jackass, so it produces power differently, and when you are running up against very efficient belt drives, it will show up ANY drag.

jimmy 17-10-2007 12:38 PM

Woha!
make love guys, not war! :p
whether it works well or not, it's definitely cool

DCM 17-10-2007 12:49 PM

it is cool, but can't see it catching on in a competitiveway. I understand the principle that have gone for, and even on the Losi, they realised you needed big pulleys to get better belt wrap and less tension on the belt.

I just don't see why educated people need to make a comparison between IC and electric.

mark christopher 17-10-2007 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCM (Post 65119)

Good spec though!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCM (Post 65158)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCM (Post 65198)
But it isn't an IC car jackass, so it produces power differently, and when you are running up against very efficient belt drives, it will show up ANY drag.

ok then
you said it looks vunerable, to me that means "weak" "open to problems" "likley to snap" so i was pointing out that its tried and tested for reliability in the ic world

so to the DCM translater

vunerable now means inefficient!

long means inefficient too! is that what you mean?

i also know the defenrence between an electric car and an ic car, as i have both, do you?

may i suggest you put your brain in gear and post what you mean, and not crap, then when somone posts a reply you wont chuck your teddy out of your cot!

if you mean the three belt system wont be efficent then put exactly that!!!

im sure tm have done thier home work,

dallasv8 17-10-2007 02:46 PM

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/newsf...09144029-65905 (prototype)
http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/profr...3001&pageNum=1 (finished version)

few more pics and stuff here on team magics website.the speedy would definitely get some cooling air going past it on the prototype.looks sweet to me.

gramey 17-10-2007 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lycan (Post 65152)
Picked up mine yesterday. Built in about 2hrs.
20% of the kit is pre-assembled so it makes things easier.

Steering is a pain to assemble with a heap of small washers but other than that, went together very smoothly.

Havent had a chance to run it yet.

Belts are farily tight so transmissions seems to have a fair amount of friction. I'm sure it will free up once belts wear in.

Disappointed the car didnt come with new LX shocks but I guess you cant have everything :D

There are some notible changes compared to the prototype kit I have.

Lycan

:)What are the LX shocks your referring to?:)

DCM 17-10-2007 03:27 PM

Yes Mark, I have both a nitro buggy and truggy, belt and shaft snorer, belt and shaft buggy and a buggy.

Right, OK, it has the 'same' layout as an IC onroad car, but firstly, the belts tend to be thicker, wider and a more course belt profile. Also, the engine is roatating and producing power before the clutch engages to, to help things move alone.

OK, now lets get onto specifics that I see are 'inneficient' on the TM which all other manufacturers are moving away from.

Three belts means an extra two pulleys.
Small diameter pulleys, which means the belts have to run at a higher tension to stop belt skip, the front and rear belts both go around small pulleys, and so does the main belt.
When you compare to the likes of Tamiya/HB/AE/Schumacher I can't see this being taken up in the masses by the limited power classes.

'Vulnerability'
The belt is on the side with no protection, on small pulleys with small pulley fences, no belt guide, so a knock in the right place will dislodge the belt.
Also, that sanse of belt, with a thin 3mm pitch (or similar) will give lots of belt flap also, hence another reason for the greater tension to remove that issue.

I can appreciate the cars design, but they could of greatly improved efficiency by using bigger diameter idler pulleys on the centre belt system which would of, as I see it, improved efficiency by allowing belt tension to be reduced and still not skipped.

Is that a good enough explanation for you Mark, or do you need more.

The rest of the car in essence is just a bog stock tourer.

c0sie 17-10-2007 03:33 PM

Christ..cant even TALK about a touring car without it turning into a slagfest?

Pathetic.

mark christopher 17-10-2007 03:35 PM

far better nd you kept hold of your dummy;)

though the 720 belt side belt and tm ic belt are as wide as an electric belt,
xray have made thier car 008 with smaller diff pullies!

to be honest if you get hit where the belt is on the tm car then your into more than belt trouble, also on a conventional car, the motor would take the hit!
rather loose a belt that an endbell/motor

DCM 17-10-2007 03:41 PM

dummy never went out of the mouth at all, just get fed up of people comparing ic to electric, or off-road to on-road, like comparing spuds to turnips.

On a side note, I have never lost a motor in a TC car, or a buggy.

Lycan 17-10-2007 04:27 PM

Yes, I have a late prototype.

LX Shocks - http://www.kfactoryracing.com/produc...1008&pageNum=1

mark christopher 17-10-2007 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCM (Post 65245)
dummy never went out of the mouth at all, just get fed up of people comparing ic to electric, or off-road to on-road, like comparing spuds to turnips.

On a side note, I have never lost a motor in a TC car, or a buggy.

you aint trying hard enough then :D

gramey 17-10-2007 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lycan (Post 65246)
Yes, I have a late prototype.

LX Shocks - http://www.kfactoryracing.com/produc...1008&pageNum=1

:)Thanks for the link, are the stock TM shocks that bad then, currently run a Tamiya and their shocks seem pretty good.
One more question my last belt drive car was a TRF415, now run an Evo 5 shaftie, is the TM a 3 belt system to allow central placement of the cells? I thought the Corally RDX had the cells placed in the centre but I can't remember how many belts it has.
I like the look of the E4 but if it's inherently flawed as a result of the 3 belts I might wait for the TRF416. My LHS is meant to be getting me an E4 but it's on the agreement that if I don't like what I see I haven't got to have it. I just fancied a change from Tamiya's which I've run since I started racing.:)

grindog 17-10-2007 07:23 PM

i would like to see a 4wd buggy based on this idea. Cells along the middle, could be good for the jumps and bumps, etc. Future proof if lipo comes in.

As for the team magic tourer, i want one for sure!

gramey 17-10-2007 07:33 PM

:)grindog, Is there anything you don't want or haven't had when it comes to r/c?:D

DCM 17-10-2007 08:40 PM

RDX, the cells are off-set to the right, of the central main belt, like most other tourers.

xx4-nutter 17-10-2007 10:54 PM

looks cool that, somthing differnt for a change.. whats with all the arguments ? lol some people may give this forum bad name lol ;);););) when it comes to touring cars

grindog 17-10-2007 11:08 PM

lol, not much but i am working on it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gramey (Post 65269)
:)grindog, Is there anything you don't want or haven't had when it comes to r/c?:D

Lycan 18-10-2007 07:13 AM

gramey, no issue with older shocks... I just find the new LX shocks much easier to work with. Easier to get on and off the car and easier to rebuild.

gramey 18-10-2007 07:42 PM

:)I spoke to my LHS today and they're saying they've heard nothing from CML about the E4 being brought in officially to the U.K. Can someone PM me as to where Demon or themselves are sourcing these cars from, are they official imports?:)

DCM 18-10-2007 09:27 PM

According to an American based forum, Team Magic will also sell to you direct.....

super__dan 19-10-2007 06:00 PM

This is the first touring car I've ever taken any interest in, I think it's ace!