oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   S-Workz (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=225)
-   -   Steering Mod. (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141673)

richardj 17-12-2013 08:33 PM

Steering Mod.

4 Attachment(s)
Hi all, something else that may be of interest.

Swap steering knuckle plates side to side. Re-fix underneath knuckle and put ball stub back on top.

Reduces bump steer.

Off to work on a 2wd version now.

Catch you lata.

Let me know thoughts on this one, not had time for much testing with this.

Thanks to Pete at Answer-Rc for the support.

rcpower 17-12-2013 10:36 PM

Thanks for sharing, but according to some guys on rctech, who already tried it, it wasn't the best solution as it removed a lot of the steering throw(maximum lock on the inside wheel).

Perhaps it might work on large, open tracks...

kbrunsden 18-12-2013 06:02 PM

This is not a good mod you only get half the amount of steering as it hits the wishbones the bump steer does not really cause a problem and most cars with piviot ball suspension have bump steer

DaveG28 25-12-2013 06:23 PM

Has anyone tried dremelling the steering post where the ball stud mounts for the servo link? Mine hits the centre shaft before I get full lock (on the outer wheel at least) and I wondered whether to shave some of the post to increase throw?

spennyy2k 25-12-2013 06:37 PM

It shouldn't catch the centre shaft, I've built 2 of these so far with no problem, or I haven't noticed lol

rcpower 26-12-2013 11:59 AM

Upon your post I have inspected my car and there is indeed a very very very small marking on the center drive shaft, so yes it must have rubbed in some situations, nevertheless I am pretty sure it is so minimal in that is hasn't affected car behaviour.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveG28 (Post 824820)
Has anyone tried dremelling the steering post where the ball stud mounts for the servo link? Mine hits the centre shaft before I get full lock (on the outer wheel at least) and I wondered whether to shave some of the post to increase throw?

spennyy2k 26-12-2013 01:57 PM

Had a look at mine yesterday. No marks but is very close

richardj 26-12-2013 07:10 PM

Point taken on the reduced lock kevin. Now trying moded wishbones. Inside wheel now moves the full amount allowed by pivot ball.

Will run this way at Broxtowe Model Car Clubs Christmas Cracker meeting this sunday.

s22jgs 27-12-2013 08:53 AM

i dont see why you want to get rid of the bumpsteer.
its clearly there for a reason or the front of the car would be designed differently

Welshy40 05-05-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s22jgs (Post 825086)
i dont see why you want to get rid of the bumpsteer.
its clearly there for a reason or the front of the car would be designed differently

It makes quite a difference in & out of corners, you have more control so can chuck it more plus get a more responsive car. Ive done this mod and cut the lump that the knuckle hits flat and cut a section where the ball joint hits the arm on full lock and now have zero bump steer & full lock.