oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   West Bridgford Model Car Club (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Indoor Racing Starts Friday 5th September (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155500)

The Doctor 18-08-2014 07:14 PM

Indoor Racing Starts Friday 5th September

To confirm, we will be racing indoors at our usual winter venue at West Bridgford School from Friday 5th September.

For details of classes, rules, times, fees etc, see www.wbmcc.com

:)

Dave Dodd 03-09-2014 01:15 PM

First club night indoors this Friday :thumbsup:

please pre book, links are in my signature

The Doctor 05-09-2014 10:01 PM

So, a new season has started and some things never change;

Chris "three wheels on my wagon" Petch blows a motor and fills the hall with smoke.
Rob Buckingham completes 3 laps in total for the whole meeting.
Off road cars running foams are still just not right.

But good racing nonetheless. :thumbsup:

Chris56 06-09-2014 11:23 AM

Corrected for you there Paul:

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Doctor (Post 874993)

Chris buys a motor off Martin "three wheels on my wagon" Smith. After 3 minutes of slow running (even for a silver can) that motor blows and fills the hall with smoke. :thumbsup:

reg 07-09-2014 09:02 AM

Enjoyed racing GT12 again,some odd handling issues and not enough speed to catch the jag,but!
I'll get you next time gadget!

The Doctor 07-09-2014 10:18 AM

Chris - it's like dealing in stolen goods mate. There's no point protesting your innocence when you're caught in the act. You were running it, it blew up in your car. Evidence is clear!

Mark - yeah I was worried at the start of the final I must admit. Are some of your LiPos better than others? In some races you were right up my arse, and yet in others you dropped back quickly. For the next Championship series, if numbers keep up in flat pan and the 1/10 cars prove to be consistently faster we could consider splitting it into Gt12 and 1/10 sub-classes in the same heat. Let's see how it goes for the remainder of this series.

reg 07-09-2014 03:15 PM

I was trying to see what difference using a battery twice without charging v a fresh fully charged one,clearly I need a fully charged one.
Tbh I think,unless someone turns up with anything quicker than yours then a split class isn't needed,out of interest,what motor are you running?are you running blinky on your speedo?also is it 1 or 2s.
I ran 13.5 motor with blinky setting on the speedo with 1s,I ran zero motor timing,I think if I run motor timing and a bigger pinion it will be closer up the straight,it will still not be as quick as yours but with the infield advantage it might be closer :)

The Doctor 07-09-2014 06:58 PM

It's 13.5, 0 timing, with 2S (pretty old cells now though to be honest). Yes you're definitely quicker through the twisties with the 1/12 but I had the speed on the straight / open sections of the track. Let's see how we get on as the series progresses then.

Dave Dodd 07-09-2014 07:20 PM

I found it quite good to watch, definitely choice of circuit will decide the outcome. :thumbsup:

Chris56 07-09-2014 07:45 PM

I enjoyed watching that heat too.

l liked watching the buggies on foams- it also mean't less fluff coming up and potentially more additive staying down = better grip:thumbsup:

The Doctor 07-09-2014 08:38 PM

Dave - nice big oval next week I think... :thumbsup:

Chris - no, no, no, no, no. Buggies shouldn't have foams, just as men shouldn't have dresses. I've told you before.:mad:

reg 07-09-2014 10:51 PM

It was good clean racing,it would have been closer had I got it handling right,and had a bit more speed,it just ran out of go just after the corner along pit straight and it just randomly spun round in different corners,not so bad on rubber as you can see it happen,no such joy with foam :blush:
Hopefully it's sorted now :thumbsup:

ste_lazzaro 08-09-2014 11:54 AM

Yes, I agree...

..however..
I'll be in with foams from this friday on!! :p
For the occasion I will wear one of my wife's dresses..

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Doctor (Post 875241)
Dave - nice big oval next week I think... :thumbsup:

Chris - no, no, no, no, no. Buggies shouldn't have foams, just as men shouldn't have dresses. I've told you before.:mad:

leedolby77 08-09-2014 07:37 PM

Looking forward to joining the GT12 racing on Friday, might wear one of my shirts that Paul likes so much!:wub

Robbiejuk 08-09-2014 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leedolby77 (Post 875425)
Looking forward to joining the GT12 racing on Friday, might wear one of my shirts that Paul likes so much!:wub

Eddie (Dolby) Jordan is back :-)

leedolby77 09-09-2014 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbiejuk (Post 875473)
Eddie (Dolby) Jordan is back :-)

I just wish I had the sort of money Eddie does. Must work harder........:o

The Doctor 11-09-2014 08:21 PM

Lee in a blouse and Stefano in a dress? I'm not sure about this anymore.

leedolby77 12-09-2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Doctor (Post 876007)
Lee in a blouse and Stefano in a dress? I'm not sure about this anymore.

We could expand the club, maybe incorporate a bar, some dancing girls ( or guys, depending on how you feel ) Maybe black tie on the last Friday of the month.......