oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   HoBao (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=206)
-   -   gear diff (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125658)

tdi250 29-03-2013 08:53 AM

gear diff

Hello peeps,

Can I ask what oil/grease people are running in their H2 gear diff's?

I have no experience with gear diffs and I think I'm getting it wrong.

Cheers

MHeadling 29-03-2013 09:56 AM

I'm using 650cst shock oil in my one

Seems good on carpet

Heard of others using 1000-3000cst oil in them , have a look at 210 set up sheets as quite a few use gear diffs in their cars

sly 29-03-2013 10:21 AM

2k in mine and no leaking with a larger o ring as the standard rings did leak a little bit.
This has been on Astro indoors and will start with 2k outdoors at Southport's Easter meeting :D

I had tried 5,7 and 10k but 2k worked best when the tires where worn.

tdi250 29-03-2013 11:52 AM

Thanks Guys.

tdi250 09-04-2013 06:58 AM

Hey Sly,

What brand of oil are you using?

sly 09-04-2013 07:57 AM

Durango oil in mine and still 2k after two meetings as the hobao is awesome at Southports track.

night.freak 11-04-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sly (Post 760766)
2k in mine and no leaking with a larger o ring as the standard rings did leak a little bit.
This has been on Astro indoors and will start with 2k outdoors at Southport's Easter meeting :D

I had tried 5,7 and 10k but 2k worked best when the tires where worn.

Could you please tell me what larger O rings you used to replace the standard ones

Losi_110 05-05-2013 12:09 PM

Can anyone give me an idea as to how the grease from the kit would measure up in oil wt please, personally I think the grease feels a little loose compared to how I like my Diffs to be and I was just wondering which way to go.

mixer 06-06-2013 06:15 PM

Having a lot of difficulty wth my gear diff.. just can't seem to get it to stop leaking.. I have even tried a new gearhousing.. but on closing inspection there is a machined grove on the out drive.. should this be there?? as when the oring is place on it it's very loose..

can anyone help with this please??

sly 06-06-2013 08:33 PM

Mine leaked until I spent a few hours with a 8mm drill bit and took material out (by hand) from the o ring seat and fitted a Schumacher red shock seals in its place and not a drop leaked in 3/4 months. I didn't take any pictures but just used go slowly.

charlesk 07-06-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sly (Post 780543)
Mine leaked until I spent a few hours with a 8mm drill bit and took material out (by hand) from the o ring seat and fitted a Schumacher red shock seals in its place and not a drop leaked in 3/4 months. I didn't take any pictures but just used go slowly.

That tends to be a solution that works quite well (tried it for a while).

Failing that and if you what to stick with gear diff, then the TLR22 rtr diff fits and doesn't leak (twin o-rings per outdrive).

I went that route when my outdrives started to wear, and thought to start with the transmission is a bit tigher with the losi diff, it loosens up nicelly after a couple of packs. Added bonus is that the losi diff has steel inserts around the bearings.

mixer 07-06-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlesk (Post 780674)
That tends to be a solution that works quite well (tried it for a while).

Failing that and if you what to stick with gear diff, then the TLR22 rtr diff fits and doesn't leak (twin o-rings per outdrive).

I went that route when my outdrives started to wear, and thought to start with the transmission is a bit tigher with the losi diff, it loosens up nicelly after a couple of packs. Added bonus is that the losi diff has steel inserts around the bearings.

Thanks guys a couple of options to try:thumbsup:

Bluestreak 22-12-2013 12:26 PM

Anyone got any more views on oil for gear diffs now? I will be running outdoors on astro and grass mostly so I'm looking for starting point setup wise.

Supercoolnothing 22-12-2013 01:36 PM

I just use Kyosho Diff Gear Grease #3000 it's a bit more expensive at a tenner a pot but you don't need to mess around modifying the diff or anything just stick a load of it into the diff, put it together and forget about it. Because it's a grease and not an oil you don't need to worry about it leaking.
You can get it here
http://insidelineracing.co.uk/new-pr...e-3000-details