oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Xtreme - VEGA (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Vega owners feedback so far? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77438)

styleone 09-08-2011 01:27 PM

Vega owners feedback so far?

Hi all,

I know I'm preaching to the converted here but just wanted to open up a discussion regarding the amazing quality and overall brilliant product that Team Xtreme have created.

I recently got a Vega 201 and its safe to say I was gobsmacked by how high Xtreme have risen the bar with production quality. The gearbox is silky smooth, the chassis is a true work of art, and the compatability with each kit to be converted is amazing. It seems you truly can not beat British engineering.

I'm really pleased with this purchase and would like to hear your favourite aspects of the amazing Vega range?

Post up your experiences so far guys, both good and bad. It will be nice to get an overall gauge of racers opinions so far

cheers :thumbsup:

tomtom 09-08-2011 02:33 PM

One word : awesome.

My quest for 2wd is over for sure. On the track I can take turns like no other, very stable, very easy to drive but still very fast.

Support is great too, it's a conversion so need a bit of work compare to a kit.

Big up for Kevin Lee and Matt Owen :thumbsup:

MHeadling 09-08-2011 06:15 PM

Im very happy with my Vega B4.1, fast and easy to drive :thumbsup:

As for the build quality, one word Awesome! :drool:

If you dont have one, buy one!

Jamie.T 09-08-2011 07:28 PM

I love my Vega 201, ran it for the first time outdoors at the oOple invernational and it was SUPERB.

Build quality is amazing, and the engineering work in the gearbox is a work of art, a credit to those at Team xtreme.

Looking forward to running it at our regional's now.

Adam F 09-08-2011 09:18 PM

I run a Vega RB5, I tried Matt Owens car once and was absolutely sold so ordered one straight away from Kev at Insideline...

Since i've had it, I only have one gripe, the rear shock tower has a weak spot around the camber link holes, they are just too close together... I'm getting some more made with the holes spaced out and with a bigger rad on the lower mounting cluster.

Otherwise the car is awesome, two more have been sold based on mine and I would recommend it to anyone.. :thumbsup:

chuckie stella 10-08-2011 07:12 PM

Simply the best 2wd car I've ever driven!! :thumbsup:

Rebelrc 10-08-2011 07:44 PM

Me too! :thumbsup:
What he said:wub

InsideLineModels 10-08-2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckie stella (Post 538270)
Simply the best 2wd car I've ever driven!! :thumbsup:

And you've driven a fair few in your short career! :lol:

chuckie stella 10-08-2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InsideLineRacing (Post 538300)
And you've driven a fair few in your short career! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

mikeyscott 10-08-2011 08:22 PM

My 201 vega was very good, but I sold it along with my SV, sx3 etc.

Rb5 if I get another pending ££

nicVEGAchildJR 10-08-2011 09:28 PM

Oooo

Rebelrc 11-08-2011 06:24 AM

No they don't :lol:
Only if you drove a bus over it maybe.:p

styleone 11-08-2011 03:05 PM

bending chassis???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebelrc (Post 538484)
No they don't :lol:
Only if you drove a bus over it maybe.:p

:lol::lol: I saw a vega 201 hit the the top of a double and kart wheel over a track surround fence onto gravel.....it drove off super straight and the chassis was straight as an arrow :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the feedback so far guys. Keep it coming as its really interesting to hear how your all getting on out there. Cheers

SimonW 11-08-2011 06:33 PM

I'm the fastest I've ever been with mine and i won my first regional with it (EoE). I was only 16 secs off the FTD set by Nathan Waters @ Eastrax 2wd Mid-East regional, that's bloody quick for me and the first time on astro this year. Roll on the 3,4,5's

styleone 17-08-2011 09:18 AM

servo mount holes

Just wondering if any 201 vega owners have noticed that their servo mount screw holes in the chassis are slightly on the piss? I swapped my servo last night and noticed they are not straight? Feedback is appreciated cheers :)

mattybucks 17-08-2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by styleone (Post 541248)
Just wondering if any 201 vega owners have noticed that their servo mount screw holes in the chassis are slightly on the piss? I swapped my servo last night and noticed they are not straight? Feedback is appreciated cheers :)

Have you bent the Chassis? :o If you have your not the first to do it.:thumbdown:

chuckie stella 17-08-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattybucks (Post 541267)
Have you bent the Chassis? :o If you have your not the first to do it.:thumbdown:

I don't know what people are doing to bend, twist or break these fine chassis!! I doubt people have had harder, faster or crazy flat-out crashes at the end of seriously long straights more than I. My chassis is still as perfect as the day I got it!
I don't drive for Team X so not just jumping to defend them. I just don't want people thinking they're going to bend their chassis after buying one of these great conversions.

mattybucks 17-08-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckie stella (Post 541338)
I don't know what people are doing to bend, twist or break these fine chassis!! I doubt people have had harder, faster or crazy flat-out crashes at the end of seriously long straights more than I. My chassis is still as perfect as the day I got it!
I don't drive for Team X so not just jumping to defend them. I just don't want people thinking they're going to bend their chassis after buying one of these great conversions.

To clarify, I'm not saying all the Vega chassis are bending, or even that it's a common occurance. I only know of one chassis bending, and yes I agree Matt your going to have to doing something pretty special to bend one.

InsideLineModels 17-08-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckie stella (Post 541338)

I have to agree with Matt on this one......... no-one tests a chassis like him! :)

Styleone, is it definatley the holes? have you measured them to a common reference on the chassis?

tomtom 17-08-2011 01:12 PM

I really don't know how anyone could bend the chassis, I crashes sometimes for sure and got rather violents ones, would have broke any car for sure but nothing on the vega RB5.

Broke some rear shock towers at the camber link but nothing else really.

Glad you crash sometime Matt, i feel more confident ! :woot:

For real the car really improve my driving a lot.