oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Schumacher (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   New Version of KF Coming Anytime Soon? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157041)

Bigdawgracer 16-09-2014 06:20 PM

New Version of KF Coming Anytime Soon?

Hi All,

I'm looking at buying a KF, but don't want to buy one then suddenly there is a new version out!

So does anyone know if a new KF is due out anytime soon?

Thanks for reading!

mark christopher 16-09-2014 07:34 PM

its going to take some improving, only thing they could do is low grip in the kit, but im still running mine as high grip layout! But products are all ways being develeoped

Chesty 16-09-2014 08:58 PM

I asked this a little while back.

Reason being the car the team run is quite different to the 'carpet orientated' one that comes in the box.

A version with a ball diff, low grip motor location & alloy chassis, etc would be top of my shopping list for next year.

Not sure how much business sense it would make for Schumacher though?!

PaulUpton 16-09-2014 09:07 PM

I've heard few rumours of new car, towards xmas, quite a few tweaks wishbones mounted to chassis one of them.

When the KF gets a price drop that will give it away I guess :)

Yachty 17-09-2014 09:58 PM

I am in the same situation with the K1 Aero. any hints of new version for xmas anyone???

As for the KF I would have thought there would be an update soon as this was a distinctively different concept to all other cars. They clearly weren't 100% confident about market acceptance of the concept as they carried on selling the SV2 alongside the KF and KR. I would guess and purely guess, more parts made for purpose rather than borrowed from the K1 and change the bodyshell for no real reason.

Suppose you can wait as they tend to do an update every 12 months. Or you could rationalize that the electronics are you main long term investment so what is losing a small amount on the chassis proved you don't go mad on upgrades and spares. The KR mk2 will be an evolution not a leap forward. I suspect an SV2 driven by the good driver on good tyres can easily win at club level you don't need the latest car.

mark christopher 18-09-2014 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yachty (Post 877011)
I am in the same situation with the K1 Aero. any hints of new version for xmas anyone???

As for the KF I would have thought there would be an update soon as this was a distinctively different concept to all other cars. They clearly weren't 100% confident about market acceptance of the concept as they carried on selling the SV2 alongside the KF and KR. I would guess and purely guess, more parts made for purpose rather than borrowed from the K1 and change the bodyshell for no real reason.

Suppose you can wait as they tend to do an update every 12 months. Or you could rationalize that the electronics are you main long term investment so what is losing a small amount on the chassis proved you don't go mad on upgrades and spares. The KR mk2 will be an evolution not a leap forward. I suspect an SV2 driven by the good driver on good tyres can easily win at club level you don't need the latest car.

Obviously never drivers them both on high and low grip......

Ilias_Arkoudaris 01-10-2014 08:07 PM

Anyone has any info about a new version coming out? Thinking about getting a KF. Any information would be appreciated! Thanks. :)

knighthawk 02-10-2014 06:39 PM

Personally I'd wait if you can !
I've got caught out twice buying this time of the year !

Ilias_Arkoudaris 02-10-2014 08:04 PM

�� I guess I can wait a bit... Let's see!

madmulc 06-10-2014 09:00 AM

Im going to guess,

2wd to replace sv2 and middle of november release :thumbsup:

gazhillAE 07-10-2014 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmulc (Post 879850)
Im going to guess,

That would be nice

mark christopher 07-10-2014 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmulc (Post 879850)
Im going to guess,

I'll guess a low grip kf out the box...no new sv2

AntH 14-10-2014 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark christopher (Post 880133)
I'll guess a low grip kf out the box...no new sv2

Option to move the motor and the layshaft assembly all the way to the back with a short belt, then have a shorty lipo across the way in front of this? Then discontinue SV2.

danmurphy 14-10-2014 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntH (Post 881255)
Option to move the motor and the layshaft assembly all the way to the back with a short belt, then have a shorty lipo across the way in front of this? Then discontinue SV2.

I'm not sure that would work without some major changes, since the motor is currently positioned in front of the layshaft. I doubt you could get the motor far enough back to allow a balanced position with a shorty in front of the motor. Good idea though! :thumbsup:

sly 14-10-2014 09:10 PM

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...psy6hrlioe.jpg

AntH 14-10-2014 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danmurphy (Post 881303)
I'm not sure that would work without some major changes, since the motor is currently positioned in front of the layshaft. I doubt you could get the motor far enough back to allow a balanced position with a shorty in front of the motor. Good idea though! :thumbsup:

Yeah maybe you're right, probably wouldn't get enough weight rearwards. Although you'd get a greater torque reaction from motor, so would you need it? I bet they have tried it in CAD.

AntH 14-10-2014 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sly (Post 881311)

Just saw this, nice work! So what's it go like? I was thinking of the motor even further back....

sly 14-10-2014 09:29 PM

I did this back in May and was ace.

sly 14-10-2014 09:36 PM

....... double post

danmurphy 14-10-2014 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntH (Post 881313)
Just saw this, nice work! So what's it go like? I was thinking of the motor even further back....

Yes motor further back but still not convinced, but we'll see what they come out with. I would have thought the changes would be more subtle with a low grip chassis out of the box. The kf's a good all rounder with the option parts.