oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Broxtowe Model Car Club (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   GT12 scrutineering (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157916)

200sx 05-10-2014 07:55 AM

GT12 scrutineering

Morning all.

As a GT12 spectator this week it's very obvious some people are not sticking to the club rules.

13.5/1s with end bell timing.
21.5/2s locked timing.

Who is responsible for scrutineering?

jimmy noke 05-10-2014 11:07 AM

Supastox

I myself obide by the rules as do others.
as a club for GT12 it will either be
1c blinky 13.5T motor
Or
2c standard 21.5T motor
Last night was the 1st night of the championship and as a club we know who was running what and the results table will reflect this....

200sx 05-10-2014 02:02 PM

Thanks for replying to this thread Jimmy but you didn't answer my question.

The fact that people are/aren't sticking to the rules of the class isn't open to discussion, it's obvious some weren't.

Who is responsible for checking and reporting a failure to abide by the rules? and what is the consequence?

Just for clarity:

13.5/1s blinky - motor endbell timing adjustment allowed.

21.5/2s blinky - only motors with non adjustable endbell timing allowed e.g. Speed passion ultra sportsman v2/v3, hobbywing xerun/quicrun etc.

jimmy noke 05-10-2014 02:51 PM

Gt12

As far as BMCC are concerned if we see someone who we think is not sticking to the rules we as a commitee will investigate on the night of racing and intermittent checks will be carried out at certain intervals

200sx 05-10-2014 03:10 PM

Without regular checks how does the committee know people are sticking to the rules?

Cheating can happen at all levels, not just at the top.

richardj 06-10-2014 03:54 PM

Combos are 13.5 1s or 21.5 2s. As per original BRCA rules. I'm checking cars and drivers where informed saturday night.

richardj 06-10-2014 03:57 PM

Checking in both GT12 and stock mini will carried out at random next week, so be prepared to have your motors taken out. No doubt Lance will be checking mine.

nottmboy 06-10-2014 04:11 PM

anyone caught cheating will be taken outside and stoned to death!
you may only use rocks provided by BMCC that have been checked for size quality and weight.
these will be available from race control for £5 a box for club members only!
anyone caught using there own rocks will have to race a mardave instead!!!!

sime46 06-10-2014 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nottmboy (Post 879911)
you may only use rocks provided by BMCC that have been checked for size quality and weight.

That's the spirit. Quality response. Don't forget that GT12's are a pointless waste of everyone's time. From now on, anyone caught even thinking about GT12's will be hunted down and bored to death by watching videos of GT12's racing. :thumbsup:

wes 06-10-2014 06:55 PM

Can I pre reserve 2 boulders, half a dozen round pebbles and a packet of gravel

dicky14 07-10-2014 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wes (Post 879942)

Lol. Classic Python Quote. Are there any women here??????:drool:

nottmboy 07-10-2014 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wes (Post 879942)

for prebooking please see www.broxtowemcc.co.uk/rocksboulderspebbles

:thumbsup:

Alan 07-10-2014 03:08 PM

"Should be a good one this week, local boy!"

http://youtu.be/ffwFXGPRDu4

Alan 07-10-2014 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nottmboy (Post 879911)

Wo there, "Have to race a Mardave", I do it by choice!:)

Xracer 07-10-2014 04:25 PM

GT12 Scrutineering

Well guys when I eventually make my appearance it will be 13.5t blinky and it should be in a couple of weeks, I'm still waiting for my new speedo after being informed the 45A Schumacher offering is a bit soft on punch, so I thought I'd try something a bit harder, ooh and 1s too of course.

Looking forward to joining you guys but be gentle with this old guy, John

200sx 25-10-2014 02:02 PM

Found out why some gt12 s are much more powerful than others. The cars in question are running 2s lipos with competition 21.5 motors.

Just to be clear, brca rules for 2s 21.5 is non adjustable end bell motors e.g. hobbywing quicrun, speed passion ultra sportsman etc.

A 21.5 thunderpower with it's timing ramped up is in no way an equivalent to a 1s 13.5

langers 28-10-2014 12:01 PM

Why not just run it open at club that way people nagging and trying to kill all the fun out of people having a bit of cheep racing fun using what they have if you want to be that strict do brca

200sx 28-10-2014 04:32 PM

The 'fun' is from having close racing where no one has a distinct power advantage.

Cheap can still be legal. Hobbywing Quicrun 21.5 motors can be bought for less than £25. Less than half of what a competition motor would set you back.

If you already have a 21.5 competition motor (and I'm not sure why you would) then set the endbell timing to minimum and be prepared to be scrutineered.

I agree with the 'open' class proposal for anyone not sticking to the rules.

shark 28-10-2014 07:29 PM

Got a 13.5 label on my 7.5, that,ll be fine wont it ;) .....

Xracer 30-10-2014 03:32 PM

Club ethos and BRCA rules!

Sounds to me chaps that both are potentially being undermined!

Yes we all want the fastest car but if the club rules are stipulated as being run to BRCA class rules then it is in the interest of all the members to uphold them and race on relatively level terms!

The AGM is surely the time to approach the question of open class racing and be put to an all participant vote.

Over my many years I have seen club racing killed off when members become disenchanted at racing against 'unknown' and out of class opposition and then drift away to some other pass time!

Well as for me finally I have got my SupaStox GT12 GT kit yesterday but I'm still waiting for my new radio!

So chaps please don't go and kill off the Broxtowe GT12 class in the meantime, otherwise it will force me back on a regular trek to Clay Cross and with a GT12 to sell that nobody wants to race any more!!!

Regards to All