oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   sc10 4x4 motor (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100853)

carpenterdean 10-05-2012 07:28 PM

sc10 4x4 motor

I've read or heard somewhere that due to the sc10 being lighter than the other short course 4x4's it is possible to run one using a 540 motor? any advice on this would be great, if you do need a 550 motor do you need a specific esc for that size motor or would say an lrp sxx tc esc work with it?
Thanks.

jukeboxman 10-05-2012 08:17 PM

Personally I don't think that a 550 size (brushless) motor is essential for the SC10 4x4 - I run mine on a 540 size 9 turn and that's been plenty quick enough for me indoors on carpet over winter and will be on our astro track for summer......and I'm not always last.

Obviously there will be others that will disagree....

Frecklychimp 10-05-2012 08:54 PM

i disagree :p

4.5T 550 is the choice for those that want a fast 4WD SCT :thumbsup:

The SC10 4x4 is lighter than most as its made of cheap plastic and will never get round a corner quick enough to even try and catch the others on the straight bits...

so any decent 540 size motor will be fine jokes aside, as long as its geared to temperature like any motor should be

ironmangav 10-05-2012 09:10 PM

Been using the 4 pole 1410 540 motor by castle creations in my SC10 4X4,im a crap driver but have not had any other 4x4,s pass me on a straight yet.
Plenty of power in it too with the mamba max pro ESC,temps are low.

BeachBuggyPhil 10-05-2012 09:18 PM

I'm using a Tenshock SC411 4000kv 4 pole with a 15t pinion on stock 32dp spur.
I bought it from Funs Hobby, very quick delivery considering the distance.
Only used it 3 times but so far its plenty fast enough with great acceleration.

joker 11-05-2012 06:46 PM

ive got an sc10 4x4 and the 540 motors just dont work they only last 3 min before they get to hot ive got an lrp 5.5 50 in mine and its great loads of power, run time is over 15 mins. i ran it at the petite race and i was the only truck to finish all 5 races!:thumbsup:

ironmangav 11-05-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joker (Post 653902)
ive got an sc10 4x4 and the 540 motors just dont work they only last 3 min before they get to hot ive got an lrp 5.5 50 in mine and its great loads of power, run time is over 15 mins. i ran it at the petite race and i was the only truck to finish all 5 races!:thumbsup:

sorry joker totally disagree, ive raced the castle 540 4 pole for two seasons now and still works great.Plenty power.
Came 4th in 4wd nationals last year overall on that motor.

graveltrap 11-05-2012 08:07 PM

TBH finishing position in the UK short course Nats is just a case of showing up at enough rounds...(I came 2nd in 2wd last year so thats point proven)!

Borrowed a 4wd Durango for the start of this season, it is fitted with a Tekin Pro 4 4000KV which is rather good! Loads of grunt and good straight line speed coupled with 540 can size :)

MHeadling 11-05-2012 08:42 PM

Is the std sc10 4x4 a good race truck or is the FT version required??

Or are the Durango/losi a better option?? (550 motor required with these trucks?)

BeachBuggyPhil 11-05-2012 10:39 PM

The FT is definetly better than the stock one.
Chassis brace, stick OR saddles, better shocks, better slipper, alloy hexes, shiny blues screws in unstressed areas and some other stuff I forget but definetly with the few quid more.

Oh, full anti roll bar kit.

Frecklychimp 11-05-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MHeadling (Post 653933)
Is the std sc10 4x4 a good race truck or is the FT version required??

Or are the Durango/losi a better option?? (550 motor required with these trucks?)

Durango is class leader in UK SCT racing by far, nothing else touches them!

DESC410R is far more nimble and able to carry speed much better, the centre diff with slipper allows much quicker acceleration and stability under braking.

you could try and keep up with other trucks available but why try when Durango is same money and competitive out of box?

ironmangav 12-05-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frecklychimp (Post 653969)
Durango is class leader in UK SCT racing by far, nothing else touches them!

DESC410R is far more nimble and able to carry speed much better, the centre diff with slipper allows much quicker acceleration and stability under braking.

you could try and keep up with other trucks available but why try when Durango is same money and competitive out of box?

and breaks allot!!!

Frecklychimp 12-05-2012 11:05 AM

That is an exaggeration Gav, most model cars will break if you hit something hard enough!

You sure you are not bitter at being thrashed by Durango's at every SCT meeting you've entered with 4WD?! :lol:

ironmangav 12-05-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frecklychimp (Post 654051)
That is an exaggeration Gav, most model cars will break if you hit something hard enough!

You sure you are not bitter at being thrashed by Durango's at every SCT meeting you've entered with 4WD?! :lol:

Naa im thrashed cause im a crap driver:thumbsup: no other reason,if richard drove sc10 4x4, durango would not get a look in.
In US SC10 4x4 cleans up in Pretty much every major event,heres just a few of them.

http://www.teamassociated.com/news/r..._Fools_Classic

http://www.teamassociated.com/news/r...oor_Nationals/

Frecklychimp 12-05-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironmangav (Post 654107)
im thrashed cause im a crap driver:thumbsup: no other reason,if richard drove sc10 4x4, durango would not get a look in.
In US SC10 4x4 cleans up in Pretty much every major event,heres just a few of them.

http://www.teamassociated.com/news/r..._Fools_Classic

http://www.teamassociated.com/news/r...oor_Nationals/

Absolute Rubbish,

if you look at Losi website they appear to win everything too, this is mainly due to the fact that the pure size of r/c hobby in America is mammoth compared to UK, there are large events everywhere in USA most weekends which means manufacturers wins look more impressive compared to our own events in the SCT scene, easy to pick and choose which wins to promote when there are somany events.

So is it the driver or the truck that wins the races?

I'd say it was mutual combination of well set up car and competent driviing that gets results, a driver has tobe happy with car to be confident in competition with it... obviously more drivers are happy with Durango as they have UK 4WD SCT class sewn up!

its ok blaming crap driving... how do you know you won't go better with a Durango too?

I've recently been working on an SC10 4x4 setting it up for a mate... it is a horrible design and quality is not impressive either... Durango is a race bred truck from a competition pedigree.

Richard could probably wipe the floor with 4x4 class with a micro SCT, exceptional talent which wouldn't necessarily prove that the sc10 4x4 is a better truck

You could always lend your truck to Richard for a meeting to prove your point? :thumbsup:

Hpi_guy 12-05-2012 08:31 PM

the only reason that the sc10 and losi is doing well in america is that most of the tracks are dirt and they are heavier so they can get more of the power down but over here where most of the tracks are carpet and astro where the extra weight is not needed and is a disadvantage, but if hpi made a 4 wheel drive short course it would take 4 wheel drive scene :thumbsup::thumbsup:

(off)roadrunner 12-05-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hpi_guy (Post 654189)
the only reason that the sc10 and losi is doing well in america is that most of the tracks are dirt and they are heavier so they can get more of the power down but over here where most of the tracks are carpet and astro where the extra weight is not needed and is a disadvantage, but if hpi made a 4 wheel drive short course it would take 4 wheel drive scene :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:confused::lol: would that be the HPI S##tz then

Robbiejuk 12-05-2012 09:15 PM

I am looking forward to the TS4 coming out. That should throw the cat amongst the pigeons :D

reg 12-05-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbiejuk (Post 654203)
I am looking forward to the TS4 coming out. That should throw the CRAP amongst the pigeons :D

now now rob:lol:

Frecklychimp 12-05-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reg (Post 654212)
now now rob:lol:

Rofl, good hit dude! :thumbsup: