oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   10th Off Road Events (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   2012/13 WBMCC Indoor off-road championships (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109586)

Robbiejuk 05-09-2012 12:26 PM

2012/13 WBMCC Indoor off-road championships

WBMCC are proud to present their Indoor Off Road Championships in association with our sponsors Schumacher Racing. Held in West Bridgford, Nottingham, on one of the biggest carpet tracks in the country. The Indoor off road championships have been very popular in previous years and after a year break the series is back again!

Dates: 01.12.12, 19.01.13, 16.02.13, 23.03.13

Venue: West Bridgford School, Loughborough Road, West Bridgford, Nottingham, NG2 7FA

The track is one of the biggest carpet tracks in the country (592 square meters) and with the addition of purpose built jumps and obstacles, and also surface changes, WBMCC offer a great challenge to all drivers of all abilities.

Classes: 2wd buggies, 4wd buggies, SCT 2wd and SCT 4wd (SCT classes will be only run If enough apply)

Rules for all classes can be found by clicking here

Pre-booking: Pre-booking for this can be found on this page. Pre-booking is essential for the championship so that we know that the meetings can go ahead. Pre-booking will close the Tuesday night prior to each event.

Click here for pre-booking

Price: £10.00 per class per day, £7.00 if you do another class on the same day.

Championship: Each event is split into two rounds of the championship. One round points based on qualifying position, second round based on final finishing position. Out of the total 8 rounds of the championship, 5 will count towards the end of series standings. At the end of the series trophies will be provided to the winners, we will also be holding an end of season raffle. To enter the raffle, each round of the championship you enter will get you a ticket, so the more rounds you enter the more chances you have of winning. (Please note that to gain entry to the raffle you need to have done enough rounds to qualify for the championship.)
At the end of the series trophies will be provided to the winners, we will also be holding an end of season raffle. To enter the raffle, each round of the championship you enter will get you a ticket, so the more rounds you enter the more chances you have of winning. (Please note that to gain entry to the raffle you need to have done enough rounds to qualify for the championship.)

Race day format:
4 rounds of round by round qualifying with best two to count
Finals: - 1 Leg final for everybody.

We hope to see you all at the WBMCC indoor off road championships :thumbsup:

Rich D 05-09-2012 01:04 PM

Sounds good Rob, look forward to that.

Front shock tower protectors for this ( as required by the rules to stop carpet damage ) can be purchased from Jolly Goodz. I use them all year round anyway to protect the shock tops and towers.

PM Wes Jolly here.......

http://www.oople.com/forums/member.php?u=7258

/tobys 05-09-2012 01:47 PM

So these are on Saturday's?

Robbiejuk 05-09-2012 04:04 PM

Toby,

Yeah unfortunatley some other sports club has booked the hall for four hours every sunday throughout the winter... :cry:

We wanted to do it on a sunday but it was not possible. So rather than not having a series at all we decided to run on saturdays again.

I know it won't suit everyone but it is out of our control unfortunatley.

Rob

dbizzle5 05-09-2012 04:29 PM

Saturdays are cooooooool!:cool:

Robbiejuk 07-09-2012 12:29 PM

I knew it would be to your liking Mr Austin. saturday racing ftw!:lol:

john333 07-09-2012 02:03 PM

ive booked in for all of them, not raced there for many years and looking forward to it!

Timee80 07-09-2012 02:41 PM

I was really looking forward to this, but Saturdays are a definite no for me

Robbiejuk 10-09-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timee80 (Post 692048)
I was really looking forward to this, but Saturdays are a definite no for me

Sorry dude, sundays would have been great but it's a no go this year for us. :cry:

Robbiejuk 26-09-2012 11:36 AM

Thanks to everyone who has booked in so far :thumbsup:

We would like to ask that everyone pre-books as soon as they know they can attend as we need to know numbers before the meetings.

This is to allow us to use the small gym for pitting so we can have a bigger track :thumbsup:

Booking in will close Tuesday before each event so plenty of time to get thos bookings in to us.

Roll on round 1 :thumbsup:

Dave Dodd 06-11-2012 01:04 PM

Less than a month to go until the first round, in the new well lit and heated sports hall :D

get booked in, you know you want to.. :thumbsup:

Dave Dodd 17-11-2012 07:55 PM

Yay, finally booked myself in :lol:

still plenty of room for anyone else thinking of joining us :thumbsup:

brooksy 18-11-2012 11:39 AM

I've entered this year,looking forward to a change from Worksop. Some good racing hopefully!.:)

Dave Dodd 22-11-2012 02:47 PM

A week on Saturday !!

:D yay not long now.

still time for you to join in :D

rcmodelweek 25-11-2012 12:19 PM

I entered this morning! I was wondering what is classed as an acceptable shock tower protector? Would a shaped piece of lexan covering the top of the shock tower be ok? I'm running a durango 410, if anyone has any pictures of what they use it would be a great help.
Barry.

Dave Dodd 25-11-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcmodelweek (Post 716286)
I entered this morning! I was wondering what is classed as an acceptable shock tower protector? Would a shaped piece of lexan covering the top of the shock tower be ok? I'm running a durango 410, if anyone has any pictures of what they use it would be a great help.
Barry.

a shaped piece of lexan would be perfect :D

we'll see you next week. :)

Rich D 25-11-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcmodelweek (Post 716286)
Barry.

Hi Barry

See my post earlier, Wes will be there on the day ..... :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich D (Post 691303)
Sounds good Rob, look forward to that.

Front shock tower protectors for this ( as required by the rules to stop carpet damage ) can be purchased from Jolly Goodz. I use them all year round anyway to protect the shock tops and towers.

PM Wes Jolly here.......

http://www.oople.com/forums/member.php?u=7258

wes j. 25-11-2012 09:19 PM

Cheers Rich. I will have protectors with me on the day selling them in packs of two for £5.

chuckie stella 25-11-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbizzle5 (Post 691357)
Saturdays are cooooooool!:cool:

YUP!!! ;)

Robbiejuk 26-11-2012 12:34 PM

Right Guys,

The good news is that we have enough pre-bookers to use both the Gym and the Hall. This means bigger track to race on !:drool:

Based on this then I am going to leave pre-booking open till Thursday night. Numbers are getting close to capacity in the 2wd class so don't leave it till the last minute! Get yourselves booked in!

Just designing round ones track as we speak :D