oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   East of England (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   End of Season Finals - Entries now being accepted (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71410)

Benh 26-05-2011 02:32 PM

End of Season Finals - Entries now being accepted

Forms for the End of Season finals are up at
LINK UPDATE

:thumbsup:

lewis666 26-05-2011 03:11 PM

what is this exactly Ben? i have never heard of this before?

many thanks

lewis

B4 Sloth 26-05-2011 08:14 PM

It is a massive clash of the various regions, a chance to be part of a really good race meeting:thumbsup:
Last years was on astro at Silverstone.....mega grip roll. Most of us dremmelled down tyres to near slicks:lol:

This years is at coventry, on grass.

I will be heading up there. Be good for a few East of England types as we were massively under represented last year.

HarlowS 26-05-2011 08:32 PM

You will be on Astro and Grass at Cov this year :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by B4 Sloth (Post 507118)
It is a massive clash of the various regions, a chance to be part of a really good race meeting:thumbsup:
Last years was on astro at Silverstone.....mega grip roll. Most of us dremmelled down tyres to near slicks:lol:

This years is at coventry, on grass.

I will be heading up there. Be good for a few East of England types as we were massively under represented last year.

jampat2004 26-05-2011 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarlowS (Post 507130)
You will be on Astro and Grass at Cov this year :)

just been on the brca website to print the booking form but it shows silverstone address not coventry is this correct form to use?:confused:

HarlowS 27-05-2011 07:38 AM

can you post the link to where your looking ?

_sleigh_ 27-05-2011 08:04 AM

Should be looking here

http://brca.org/?q=sections/subsecti...ry-forms/12344

HarlowS 27-05-2011 08:07 AM

Cheers Phil :)

Yes, and that link does show both clubs and addresses

Benh 27-05-2011 04:30 PM

Firstly - ooops - made a boo boo on the links, they have been updated - a quick bit of the copy and paste i believe was the culprit. For EoE drivers - go to www.brca-eoe.co.uk Your entries need to go through your regional rep. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewis666 (Post 506962)
what is this exactly Ben? i have never heard of this before?

many thanks

lewis

We all get a grade, an F grade. At the local regional level, like the one you're in at the moment, you can earn anything up to an F2. If you go off to the nationals, you can earn up to an F1.

The likes of us mere mortals going to a National and winning it is pie in the sky, even F2's will struggle. So the F2's get their shot at winning a day at the dedicated F2 champs and we get our shot at the F3,4'5's.

The F2's, Juniors and Veterans competitions are all on the same day for obvious reasons.

The competition is split over 2 days, Saturday for 2WD, and Sunday for 4WD. You can do both if you choose of just one. Up to you.

F3,4,5's (The one I am interested in for the region)
Of all the people who have competed in the EoE regionals this year, everyone is an F5: - except, Jonathan Brown - F1, Simon Watson - F3 and Carl Dufton - F4. Dave Evans I think is F4 too if not F5. Which means only Jonathan can't enter.

Over 100 drivers compete to see who's the best driver. But also, our points are accumulated and we get to see which the best region is.

Normally the EoE get's a right royal stuffing and I really hope that we can gather a group of drivers and climb a couple of rungs.

We get a guaranteed 15 spots. This is to fill 5 x F3, 5 x F4 and 5 x F5. But Simon is our only F3 and Carl is our only F4 (That's if they want to go!) That leaves 13 spots for F5 drivers.

Because not all the spaces are taken up by all the regions, we might get more than 15 spots so it's always worth registering. ;)

It is a very very well organised event and always good fun as there is strange sense of comradery amongst your regions drivers, but at the same time, you still want to kick their backsides - wooden spoons are particularly heavy! I know, I carried it last year.:thumbdown::lol:

Last years regions results from the F3,4,5's at Silverstone. That's right Silverstone! The same Silverstone on our LOCAL NEWS! and we were beaten by a region who's drivers live closer to NORWAY than Silverstone.

Combined results
Mid West 217
South East 294
N. East 307
Mid East 323
Mid South 390
N. West 986
Scotland 1003
Wales 1285
East England 1391
S. West 1358

lewis666 27-05-2011 04:46 PM

i like the sound of it Ben but i doubt i could get all the way to coventry its quite far and my dad would not like to drive all that way :lol:

cheers for the info

lewis

jcb 27-05-2011 07:03 PM

Ben, I'm an F2 as I didin't complete enough rounds of the national series last year.

Having taken part in both events in the past at different venues I can say that they are a great experience. In the past quite a few of the countries top drivers have attended to help out with car setup and the like.

Lewis for these meetings your best off travelling on the friday and B&B it for a couple of nights or if you have a tent or caravan you can turn up on the friday afternoon / evening and camp for the weekend, normally a small fee applies to this but it saves the travelling in the morning. I used to do the Coventry winter series, and it's a nice easy track to get to and well worth going if you can.

If memory serves me right these meetings start booking in from around 7:30am. with practice in heat order starting at 8am.

Benh 31-05-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcb (Post 507480)
Ben, I'm an F2 as I didin't complete enough rounds of the national series last year.

Oops! So you are. I forgot the .9 was after the 1 ;) So to recap......

1 x F2 - Jonathan Brown
5 x F3's - But none of which have competed in the EoE in the last couple of years at least.
4 x F4's - (3 x competed) Ian Alcock, Dave Evans, John Myall

Two entries received already.........:)

Dufty07 08-06-2011 12:24 AM

which region?

Hi ben, Me n simon r definitely goin, but do we enter as eoe or mid east?:eh?:

Benh 08-06-2011 09:24 PM

East of England ;)

Two reasons
1/ your residential location and
2/ your running in the eoe regional

Oh and 3, I would say that you're more likely (probably definite) to get a ticket through the eoe.:thumbsup:

But most importantly! 4/ We need your points. :D

Are you and Simon running 2 and 4. Mr Parry is considering running both but was unsure if he'd have anyone to play with on Saturday.

SimonW 09-06-2011 05:30 PM

We shall be rockin' it up all weekend m8, If n e 1 is interested there is a regional on the 24th of July at Eastrax it's Mideast but you can run in the open non-points scoring heats, good practice for the astro track.

B4 Sloth 09-06-2011 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benh (Post 512478)
Mr Parry is considering running both but was unsure if he'd have anyone to play with on Saturday.

Almost definately going to do both, probably going to camp up there, stick my old fishing bivvy on the inside of the turn two overnight in a hypnotic, learn the track in my sleep, way:lol:

Need to get another esc though, do not want to be faffing about with that malarky;)

JohnM 22-06-2011 08:49 PM

Ben, can you bring some entry forms with you to the regional. my printer is up the swanny again.

Put a hoilday request in for the F3,4,5s date, waiting to find out for sure, but have been told it should be ok, just need the wife to let me go then:lol:

Benh 23-06-2011 10:04 AM

The printer is now whirring as I type..........

See at the weekend:thumbsup:

Dufty07 23-06-2011 02:18 PM

ben

Me n Simon will bring our app. forms for the 345's with us on sunday:thumbsup:

Benh 30-06-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dufty07 (Post 518793)
Me n Simon will bring our app. forms for the 345's with us on sunday:thumbsup:

We are building up a nice list of "i want ins" but we are falling a little short on actual form entries.

Carl Dufton is top man at the mo, as he has not only put his form in but also a cheque.

Who - What Class - F/P (F=Form in/ P=Payment submitted)

Simon Watson – 2WD/4WD
Carl Dufton – 2WD/4WD F/P
Steve Parry - 2WD/4WD
Ben Hubbard - 4WD F/P
Lee Flynn - 4WD F
Paul Newman - 4WD
Daniel Newman - 4WD
George Fairweather - 4WD
John Myall - 4WD