oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   YORCC - York (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Anyone race Team C at yorcc (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160073)

whites75 23-11-2014 03:00 PM

Anyone race Team C at yorcc

just wondered if anyone races the team c tm2 v2 buggy at York and how it handles?

cheers

Sir Shawny500 23-11-2014 03:53 PM

Lol. Phil I knew that Team C had caught your eye at Cully! So you thinking it could be your next weapon of choice.........???????

whites75 23-11-2014 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Shawny500 (Post 887139)
Lol. Phil I knew that Team C had caught your eye at Cully! So you thinking it could be your next weapon of choice.........???????

hey Shawn, I was looking at them a while back to be honest I just don't see many people with them.....but then again I have only been to a few clubs. I just wondered how people got on with them indoors on a more slippy surface, with them being a forward motor set up I believe they are suited to mid to high grip surfaces, so maybe I might see more of them outdoors during summer racing?

For next time at cully I will prob put my new motor in the yokomo, I managed to get an 11.5t vortex pro motor for 30 quid :) at yorcc last night so will take my 17.5t motor out and see how I go......slowly getting to grips at cully and slightly better than I was a few weeks ago, although I am still in the beginner bracket lol ;)

dmsykes 23-11-2014 05:18 PM

Team C TM2 V2

Hi, I have a TM2 V2 and have raced it once at York amd managed to get good grip levels; however I did have to do some work on the set up.

Softer springs on both front and rear.

Low viscosity weight shock oil.

Cut the rear top deck.

Add a little weight in front of the rear diff housing.

Next time I may also use 1 deg outboard toe in also.

I think not a bad start but I think this could be improved, as time goes on.

Run 8.5T brushless motor with ECS on smooth power delivery.

Sir Shawny500 23-11-2014 06:00 PM

That's a good price for the motor. I think Modelsport have some in a sale too buddy. I've put my Yoke back to the old setup with the shorty across the back instead of down the chassis. That Team C we saw was running rear motor and it was quick. It's hard getting back into it after 12 years away! Did you go to York yesterday?

whites75 23-11-2014 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Shawny500 (Post 887171)
That's a good price for the motor. I think Modelsport have some in a sale too buddy. I've put my Yoke back to the old setup with the shorty across the back instead of down the chassis. That Team C we saw was running rear motor and it was quick. It's hard getting back into it after 12 years away! Did you go to York yesterday?

was it the team c evo.....it was bloody quick whatever it was lol

yeah I went to yorcc last night for round 2 of the short course trucks.....love it, managed to take 3rd in the final somehow lol

get yourself over to pal, its good with a nice big track....better still get yourself and short course and join the fun ;)

Sir Shawny500 23-11-2014 06:27 PM

Think Andy was there with the B5M T9 Hobbysport. I couldn't go had to look after my daughter as Mrs was working! I will get there for some of the Sunday meets. Yep think it was a Team C evo it had bags of grip.

whites75 23-11-2014 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmsykes (Post 887160)
Hi, I have a TM2 V2 and have raced it once at York amd managed to get good grip levels; however I did have to do some work on the set up.

Softer springs on both front and rear.

Low viscosity weight shock oil.

Cut the rear top deck.

Add a little weight in front of the rear diff housing.

Next time I may also use 1 deg outboard toe in also.

I think not a bad start but I think this could be improved, as time goes on.

Run 8.5T brushless motor with ECS on smooth power delivery.

cool, something to bear in mind then if I was to look further into one :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Shawny500 (Post 887176)
Think Andy was there with the B5M T9 Hobbysport. I couldn't go had to look after my daughter as Mrs was working! I will get there for some of the Sunday meets. Yep think it was a Team C evo it had bags of grip.

yeah Andy and Neal were there - I had to shoot off after my final so I missed the big boys final, but I watched Richard Lowe in a couple of heats....christ he was flying!!

Sir Shawny500 23-11-2014 07:07 PM

He was super quick a Worksop and think he won the A final.