oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   WORM - Weston-Super-Mare (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   2wd and 4wd (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141766)

CARB 19-12-2013 09:38 PM

2wd and 4wd

Hello

I was wounding why there are not more drivers doing both classes as per drivers doing 2wd and the SCT.

I have found switching between 2wd and the SCT to be a big jump in terms of technique, is it this difference between 2 and 4 Wd the reason for not doing both classes or the expense of running a 4wd that is harder on tyres.

I am asking this as I and thinking of doing the 2 and 4 wd regional meetings next year and it makes sense to drive both those cars regularly at club meetings to improve on technique.

The SCT is great fun but for me lacks the precision of a proper buggy and would, I think like the 4wd better as a second car.

Thanks in advance for your comments

Neale

Mowen208fly 19-12-2013 09:40 PM

Easier to concentrate on 1 class :lol:

mrspeedy 19-12-2013 10:56 PM

I think most classes have their differences and jumping from one to another is not always as easy as you might think. Personally I've never had an isssue driving 2wd and SC as they're both 2wd chassis ... and actually find the SC to be much more consistent :p

blue_pinky 19-12-2013 10:58 PM

Same for me...1 class is enough...especially when your helping to run the meeting as well!!!

If there were more heats running I'd run 2 classes...so come the summer when the turnouts are bigger, especially if onroad takes off, I probably will run both more often than not.

The jump between 2wd and 4wd is ok once you get used to it, it only takes a lap or two in warm up to tune in. I do love 4wd myself...especially in the winter...far less sensitive to the damp/cold...making for better racing! :D

emtee 19-12-2013 11:53 PM

For me, 2wd and 4wd would be a problem.. not for driving technique adjustments but because 2wd and 4wd are usually next to each other in the heat running order at most clubs i've been to... it makes it just impossible to marshall!!! :lol:

Belsten 20-12-2013 08:23 AM

2 & 4wd definitely are different driving styles. I run both classes on the same day a lot but it always takes a few laps to get in to each other
It does make for a very busy day on club days though

Danosborne6661 20-12-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belsten (Post 823879)
2 & 4wd definitely are different driving styles. I run both classes on the same day a lot but it always takes a few laps to get in to each other
It does make for a very busy day on club days though

You would suit a short course Dave being such an animal! :p

Belsten 20-12-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danosborne6661 (Post 823891)
You would suit a short course Dave being such an animal! :p

For sure I would be awesome at it but I think everyone else would soon tire of getting rammed off all the time