oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mid West (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Marston 4wd Regional 18th May - INFO (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10191)

_JP_ 22-04-2008 08:07 PM

Marston 4wd Regional 18th May - INFO

I have spoken to the grounds keeper today at where our track is and it seems we have a small problem with parking.

Goodridge security are being gay and are not opening the main gate from the car park for ANYONE do to breaking's and Vans being stolen???

What does this mean, well it means that we will have to park at the side of the building and utilize the car park as much as possible.

The biggest pain will be having to carry pit gear/tents to where we normally pit.

Unfortunately there is nothing MMCC can do about this, all we can do is make sure we have a great days racing on a normally well laid out track :thumbsup:

If anyone you know does not get on oOple please let them know.

Thanks.

_sleigh_ 22-04-2008 08:21 PM

So this is the gate from the Car Park area onto the track that runs down past the track??

Presumably we can still park in the Main car park after unloading?

Also, if Goodrich have suffered from theft, do we need to worry at all about our RC gear on race day?

I'll make sure I send out this info to all when confirming everyone's entry (about a week before)

bert digler 22-04-2008 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _JP_ (Post 116729)
I have spoken to the grounds keeper today at where our track is and it seems we have a small problem with parking.

Goodridge security are being gay and are not opening the main gate from the car park for ANYONE do to breaking's and Vans being stolen???

What does this mean, well it means that we will have to park at the side of the building and utilize the car park as much as possible.

The biggest pain will be having to carry pit gear/tents to where we normally pit.

Unfortunately there is nothing MMCC can do about this, all we can do is make sure we have a great days racing on a normally well laid out track :thumbsup:

If anyone you know does not get on oOple please let them know.

Thanks.

has the rostrum been fixed yet? due to vandals and whats happening with the potential new track,land you have been given by goodrich

_JP_ 22-04-2008 08:42 PM

Phil I think we are going to have to park in the small car park, I will ring Graham again and ask if we can park in the main car park behind the gates but that would be a pain I think.

As for the theft I don't know when it happened Graham just said there not even opening the gates for the footballers and they have a cup match which will cause them even bigger problems.

I don't think we have anything more to worry about than a normal race meeting at any track with regards to theft.

As for the Rostrum its the first I have heard about it being damaged, I spoke to Tinners and he said all was OK.

We don't live close to the track so I guess we rely on other club members to let us know.

As for the land nothing has happened, we we not really given any land, but it was mentioned that we might be able to use it. With the amount of Racing we all do it would be hard I guess to maintain it, I mean for the regional last year there were only about 5 of us there on the saturday to lay a track, this year I am hoping for more :D

bert digler 22-04-2008 08:45 PM

:thumbsup:
Quote:

Originally Posted by _JP_ (Post 116744)
Phil I think we are going to have to park in the small car park, I will ring Graham again and ask if we can park in the main car park behind the gates but that would be a pain I think.

As for the theft I don't know when it happened Graham just said there not even opening the gates for the footballers and they have a cup match which will cause them even bigger problems.

I don't think we have anything more to worry about than a normal race meeting at any track with regards to theft.

As for the Rostrum its the first I have heard about it being damaged, I spoke to Tinners and he said all was OK.

We don't live close to the track so I guess we rely on other club members to let us know.

As for the land nothing has happened, we we not really given any land, but it was mentioned that we might be able to use it. With the amount of Racing we all do it would be hard I guess to maintain it, I mean for the regional last year there were only about 5 of us there on the saturday to lay a track, this year I am hoping for more :D

the rostrum and race control needs checking as reports from within goodrich
have said there is damage i will get someone to check it again

_JP_ 22-04-2008 08:53 PM

Thanks if you could that would be great and if thats the case we will need to get it sorted.

I don't think the Race control will hold out much longer!

ashleyb4 22-04-2008 10:20 PM

I love marston always a good track and its always nice and warm. I always seem to do well at marston. and its my favriot surface GRASS!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

A

tyreman 07-05-2008 09:54 PM

Any updates on parking???

_sleigh_ 07-05-2008 10:28 PM

Speaking to JP at the weekend, the parking situation is as per his first post.

Basically we can park/pit on the small car park (old tennis courts area) We will be able to errect tents on the grass as normal, we'll just have to carry gear to and from the car park area.

Those not needing the 1:1 cars during the day may be able to park them in the larger car park on the opposite side of the footbal field. This will free up space for pitting.

I'm sure JP will update us if any of the above is inaccurate.

losixxx 07-05-2008 10:30 PM

going to be very tight squeeze if there's a big turnout:thumbdown:

Belsten 08-05-2008 07:19 PM

Does anyone have the postcode please ?
Cheers

_JP_ 10-05-2008 08:17 AM

One thing I still need to find out is if we can park on the main car park, we can park down the side of the building where we come in and on the small car park in front of the track.

We will be meeting next saturday 17th at 1pm and could do with as much help as possible so don't be shy and it would be good to see some new faces helping out :D

nothing was damaged when Butch and I went over last saturday but kids have made a mess.

Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by _sleigh_ (Post 121994)
Speaking to JP at the weekend, the parking situation is as per his first post.

Basically we can park/pit on the small car park (old tennis courts area) We will be able to erect tents on the grass as normal, we'll just have to carry gear to and from the car park area.

Those not needing the 1:1 cars during the day may be able to park them in the larger car park on the opposite side of the football field. This will free up space for pitting.

I'm sure JP will update us if any of the above is inaccurate.

_JP_ 10-05-2008 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belsten (Post 122270)
Does anyone have the postcode please ?
Cheers

Goodrich
Stafford Road
Ford House
Wolverhampton
WV10 7EH

Belsten 11-05-2008 05:35 PM

thanks, what is the track surface ?

strobe 11-05-2008 08:42 PM

It's a Proper Off-Road racing surface. GRASS.

Jonesy 11-05-2008 08:43 PM

Shame it isn't 2wd after this weekend for me!!!

Looking forward to it though!

DaveG28 12-05-2008 09:27 PM

Hi Phil,

Any chance of an entry list, can't remember if I've entered before (Pm sent though!)

woohaa19 12-05-2008 09:31 PM

help saturday

as jp said above we will need help doin the track on sat afternoon from 1pm onwards if any1 is close enough to come down and lend a hand it would be good

:thumbsup:

butch 12-05-2008 10:10 PM

KICKER:woot:

_sleigh_ 12-05-2008 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveG28 (Post 123153)
Hi Phil,

Any chance of an entry list, can't remember if I've entered before (Pm sent though!)

entry list no, but yes I got your PM this evening.