oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bury Metro (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   This years agm (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147715)

Alan Reeves 21-03-2014 06:35 AM

This years agm

Id like to propose the agm should be held on a club day at the track this year, between heats and finals when most members have a better chance of being there.

Gavin Collingwood 21-03-2014 07:19 AM

We had the AGM at the start of the year.

budfish 21-03-2014 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Reeves (Post 846735)
Id like to propose the agm should be held on a club day at the track this year, between heats and finals when most members have a better chance of being there.

I know what you mean Alan always seems to be mid week and in the evening
I work Monday-Friday 2pm-10pm so have never been to one .but if it cost £125 out of your wage packet don't think anyone else would go either

Alan Reeves 21-03-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavin Collingwood (Post 846740)
We had the AGM at the start of the year.

Ok so next years, just makes sense to me to hold it on a race day when we are all already there. It would guarantee a better turnout that's for sure :)

Darren Wales 21-03-2014 12:04 PM

AGM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Reeves (Post 846774)
Ok so next years, just makes sense to me to hold it on a race day when we are all already there. It would guarantee a better turnout that's for sure :)

Alan, If holding it during a meeting gets more support for club matters then I totally agree.

The AGM WILL be held during a meeting later this year! :thumbsup:

Darren

birdy 21-03-2014 01:07 PM

Just as a note, this years AGM took nearly 2 hours!!, so if all the racers that day want to stop for 2 hours than so be it, also for us that need to produce reports and take minute notes we need to be sat down and in a quite environment.

I have attempted a number of AGM's at the track before and don't ever see good results with outside interferences etc etc..

How about a Saturday afternoon or Morning?? Or even on a Sunday that we are not racing??

Another option would be to have the AGM as normal one evening and then have a mini AGM with our agreed minutes to discuss with members that don't attend?

Alan Reeves 21-03-2014 02:18 PM

The fact that only a handful turned up for this years is what prompted my proposal. I know I'd be unable to travel the distance midweek to attend and many others must also be in a similar position, on a Sunday when were all at the track anyway seemed to me like a no brainier but I can see your point Niel.

Gavin Collingwood 21-03-2014 08:20 PM

I mentioned your idea to rob and he says they've tried it before and it doesn't work at all! People don't want to stand around for long and start pratting around with cars on the track, I'd say a definite no to that idea. We give plenty of notice and people (as like with helping with the track) just don't bother