oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Schumacher (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   KC setup advice needed - carpet (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193931)

bish 21-11-2017 05:18 PM

KC setup advice needed - carpet

I need some carpet setup advice, I started with the kit setup for carpet and made some minor tweaks (front and rear roll bars), lighter diff oil.

Thing is, it's traction rolling mid corner. If i go easy, it's fine, plenty of steering in the sharp corners at lower speed, but that's not fast lapping! I tried adjusting the roll centre to prevent chassis roll, still traction rolls. Maybe the car is too 'locked' in and i need the back end to be more loose?
I'll upload the setup sheet when i'm on a computer that'll allow it.

Chassis is carbon, position 3
Front - yellow springs, 45wt, no internal limiters. 1.2mm roll bar, short upper link with 1mm spacer
Rear - Green springs, 35wt, no internal limiters. 1.1mm roll bar, long upper link, 2mm spacer
Ride height 15mm
Camber -1 all round

Question is, should i just copy the Orlowski Trencin setup for carpet? It's not like he was driving a badly setup car is it?!

Thanks in advance.

bish 21-11-2017 08:03 PM

Thanks to Aiden for hooking me up will Allan O'Brien and David Snee, who are helping unravel my setup!

I'd raised the roll centre (shorter top links and lowering the inner link ball position) hoping it would stop the chassis rolling, what it was doing though, was increasing the grip so much that it caused traction roll! So lengthening the upper links (and raising the inner ball link) has lowered the roll centre. yes, the back is a little looser, but it's not traction rolling half as much. I can chase the local track rats through the infield now :-)

Paultje040 09-12-2017 12:30 PM

I run a bit heavier oil. 50/40wt and 1.5mm droop limiters.
A can realy advise you to try position 2 on carpet.

I tried pos. 3 and found 2 way better with the same setup.

Can post my setup if you like.

Paultje040 09-12-2017 01:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My setup for EOS carpet.

Have to try some different springs, like blue front and rear.

No griproll on new tires. Think i can get some more cornerspeed out of it.

bish 11-12-2017 12:14 AM

Oh cool, thank you. I've yet to try position 2! Think i'll have to try it soon. Appreciate the setup and oil weights.

dikke hond 11-12-2017 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paultje040 (Post 981648)
My setup for EOS carpet.

Have to try some different springs, like blue front and rear.

No griproll on new tires. Think i can get some more cornerspeed out of it.

Thanks!

adey 10-02-2018 01:30 AM

if anyone could help i am having an issue with my kc on carpet.
i am using the carpet starting setup and it seems ok but the rear end rises considerably under power. it seems to rise considerably and makes the car unstable on the fast corners when pushed. i have played with the anti squat but it still seems to do it. i am wondering if the motor rotation is the reason. dress anybody know of a way i can try to reduce this. many thanks

stuey 10-02-2018 07:30 AM

When the car is sitting at its ride height, what angle are the driveshafts? Are they at an angle pointing downwards towards the diff?

Paultje040 10-02-2018 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adey (Post 984183)
if anyone could help i am having an issue with my kc on carpet.
i am using the carpet starting setup and it seems ok but the rear end rises considerably under power. it seems to rise considerably and makes the car unstable on the fast corners when pushed. i have played with the anti squat but it still seems to do it. i am wondering if the motor rotation is the reason. dress anybody know of a way i can try to reduce this. many thanks

I like running a rear swaybar. It adds stability on corners when pushed. Even a thin one helps.

adey 10-02-2018 10:51 AM

the driveshafts are pointing down towards the diff. i wondered if raising the diff would help the issue.

stuey 10-02-2018 11:40 AM

That's what I was going to suggest. A guy who knows his stuff told me recently that the driveshaft will try and straighten themselves under power, so if they are pointing down they are trying to lift the back of the car. If you can raise the diff so the driveshafts are about level at ride height it may help.

Paultje040 10-02-2018 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adey (Post 984187)
the driveshafts are pointing down towards the diff. i wondered if raising the diff would help the issue.

Yesssss high diff will help. Didnt mention that as high diff is kit standard

Allan1875 16-02-2018 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuey (Post 984188)
That's what I was going to suggest. A guy who knows his stuff told me recently that the driveshaft will try and straighten themselves under power, so if they are pointing down they are trying to lift the back of the car. If you can raise the diff so the driveshafts are about level at ride height it may help.

This is more accurate with CVD driveshafts. With universal joints, they don't straighten so much under power and that's why they tend to ride bumpers better.