oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   LRP (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   LRP Flow/Nosram Comet 13.5 Boosted Settings (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178284)

Neil_H 24-03-2016 10:31 AM

LRP Flow/Nosram Comet 13.5 Boosted Settings

I have had a look and this question has been asked a couple times previously on this forum but no answers, so don't mind being pointed in the direction of another forum that might have a few more guys into touring cars which may be able to help.

I have recently started running 13.5 boosted touring cars using a Nosram Comet HD with a 13.5 Reedy Sonic Mach 2.

The issue I am having is that currently I am lacking a bit of speed on the straight.

I am using the v4.7 of the software for modified on-road racing, so first question is, should I be using v5.4 for stock racing?

My current settings are:

1-2-0-8-0-9-8-10-1-1

Running an FDR of 6.8

Motor temperature seems is fine, I don't have a temp gauge but I can touch the motor quite comfortably after a 5min run and am not running a fan on the motor.

I am not using any torque timing as I am not using X20/Pure 2 motors as recommended in the manual but this shouldn't effect overall speed.

I have tried a friends car to compare and you can really feel the turbo kick in on the straight, it just keeps accelerating, mine seems to peak about 1/3 of the way down.

I have searched around online but can only find settings for modified motors.

I feel like trying another motor or esc to see if one of those is the issue.

Aire valley 24-03-2016 10:56 PM

Have you looked at gearing.? If you are reaching max speed at one third of the main straight, it would seem that you are under geared...try a bigger pinion.

h0m3sy 29-03-2016 06:57 PM

For a 13.5t I'd be using a lower fdr of 6. This is track dependant of course. The 5.4 firmware is for stock and is what I'd be using. Change your fdr and do a factory reset on your esc. Don't forget once you have reset the esc you have to recalibrate your radio as well.

Randum 29-03-2016 07:14 PM

You definately need to change firmware to stock. With modified firmware you won't get enough boost engage due to the lower rpm. So your not getting the boost you want.

Neil_H 29-03-2016 07:41 PM

Thanks for the replies,

I managed to sort it out during a practice day last Friday at MB.

I had almost resigned myself to the fact that I would need a new ESC as the car was simply not boosting on the straight even after updating it to the 5.4 firmware.

After quite a while I did notice that if I went down the straight at full throttle it wouldn't boost and just top out, but at 3/4 throttle it would boost and accelerate and keep accelerating like it should.

After this I ramped everything down on the ESC and it started boosting correctly at full throttle, it looks like for some reason I had the boost ramp set too high which was casing the issue, I've ramped everything back up except the boost ramp and it seems boosting correctly.

Not sure exactly sure why a higher boost ramp setting would cause this issue

h0m3sy 29-03-2016 08:39 PM

Sounds like the boost ramp was so high that your motor wasn't reaching the required revs for the boost to kick in, so by reducing the ramp your motor doesn't need to reach that high a rev before the boost kicks in. I hope this makes sense. Glad you got it sorted :thumbsup: