oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electrics (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   ESC or battery problem? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178996)

Kelk 15-04-2016 10:47 AM

ESC or battery problem?

Hi all,

Hope you can help - my YZ-2 feels like it's lacking "push" - it feels laggy if anything compared to what I asked it to do via the transmitter. Steering is absolutely fine.

Tx- Sanwa M12 so defo fast enough
RX - Sanwa for M12 (at work so can't remember number)
ESC - Orion R10 - punch set at 8, boost at 10, turbo on
Lipos - Orion 4500 carbon looking ones shorty's

Whenever I'm getting back on the throttle the car just doesn't seem to pick up and go compared to others. I'm on a 22T pinion for a standard spur gear. Also find that my fastest lap is usually one of the first 3 in qualifying by about 1 second over a c. 20s lap.

So I wonder if it's the cells are getting to the stage of being worn out as they are well over a year old and been used very regularly. The esc is slightly older than a year and likewise gets some good use. I have checked to see if the capacitors "smell" at all in case of burn out. Nothing.

Any help before I find myself replacing the esc and the cells all at once which is obviously a pricey way to fix it by buying it all new.

Thanks

chris24jt 15-04-2016 11:05 AM

try to borrow a battery to test - i've had that with some cheap cells from hobbyking, just lacked punch, swapped batteries and back to normal...

Chris Larner 15-04-2016 11:20 AM

Is the motor reasonably new and has this done it forever or just started doing it. Could be gearing, lipo or motor.

Kelk 15-04-2016 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Larner (Post 946335)
Is the motor reasonably new and has this done it forever or just started doing it. Could be gearing, lipo or motor.

Will try borrowing a battery.

The motor is relatively new (3 months max) and no certainly seemed to offer more before. There has definitely been a "change" of some kind

leelar 15-04-2016 03:51 PM

Try changing the sensor lead a friend had a similar problem were his car lacked punch and top end just changed the sensor lead and problem solved

Kelk 15-04-2016 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leelar (Post 946362)
Try changing the sensor lead a friend had a similar problem were his car lacked punch and top end just changed the sensor lead and problem solved

Will do - had cut outs before from sensor lead problems, not like this but for a few quid its gotta be worth a go. Cheers. I'll try this and the battery change loan

beale 15-04-2016 09:16 PM

Had the same feel when I blew the cap board (reverse polarity!!) changed this and still running the same ESC , motor and cells 2years on

shark 15-04-2016 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leelar (Post 946362)

Yep think this will be your problem , had the same myself a while ago .