oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bury Metro (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Hey (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75944)

Ian_lawton 21-07-2011 05:38 PM

Hey

maybe its not the right place to be posting this but im about to move to blackburn and am thinking about coming to some of your races and probably joining the club :)

i used to be into RC a few years ago but have not really been doing anything lately as ive been at university, i do still own a hpi mt2 though :)

i have noticed that you tend to race mainly 2wd buggies which i love so thats why i picked you, can anybody tell me a good starter? i dont want to come to one of your meetings/races with a rubbish buggy :)

Thanks Ian

tisher 21-07-2011 05:56 PM

get yourself a team associated b4 brushless rtr and come and have some fun

coleman758 21-07-2011 05:58 PM

Hey Dude!

We race a good mix of 2WD & 4WD. Most of the newer guys seem to run something like the Ansmann Mad Rat or the Mad Monkey.

In my opinion best starting point is a B4. Its what i started with, They are a very good reliable car. there is a few guys running them at the club.
so there is plenty advice and spares for WHEN you break something haha!

The B4.1 RTR looks ok, and would be ideal as a starting kit. What do you have in the way of electrics?

(damn martin beat me too it!)

captainlip 21-07-2011 05:58 PM

Pop up Sunday and look for a White fto, I'll advise you either 2 or 4wd electric buggies, for 2wd your looking at a b4, losi 22 or cougars as for 4wd look at b44, durangos or bmax

Defo join the club as it's probably one of the best astro tracks in the country, like I said pop up see what it's all about, introduce yourself and you will get a feel for how a club meet runs

Ian_lawton 21-07-2011 06:09 PM

looking at getting a 2wd electric, think ive fallen for the CF schumacher couger! i know if i bought the one without the CF id always want to be buying the CF bits,

as for electrics, i have no spares and the transmitter for the nitro one is broke so looking at getting new/second hand everything :(

Im working this sunday so i wont be able to come this week but i think this is my last week :)

tisher 21-07-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Lawton (Post 529808)
looking at getting a 2wd electric, think Ive fallen for the CF schumacher cougar! i know if i bought the one without the CF id always want to be buying the CF bits,

as for electrics, i have no spares and the transmitter for the nitro one is broke so looking at getting new/second hand everything :(

I'm working this sunday so i wont be able to come this week but i think this is my last week :)

Cougars are real nice bit of kit depends how much experience you have tho b4s are alot easier to dial in

Ian_lawton 21-07-2011 06:48 PM

what motors are the most used at the club and races? brushed or non?

tisher 21-07-2011 06:50 PM

if your going to run 2wd you will need something like a 7.5t brushless and lipo set up

Si Coe 21-07-2011 06:56 PM

I wouldn't start with a 7.5t myself. With some experience its great but I'd start milder - something like a 10.5t or even 13.5t. Its not like my cars run slow with them, but the power is more manageable. Cheaper too.
But certainly brushless, and I'd recommend sensored over sensorless, especially in a 2wd.

And the best cars in 2wd at Bury are old RC10's. Any model you like as long as it predates the B4.....

tisher 21-07-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Si Coe (Post 529827)

And the best cars in 2wd at Bury are old RC10's. Any model you like as long as it predates the B4.....

:woot:where that come from I battered the 2wd heat the other week with my RB5 then again I battered the 4wd Final with the Lazer as well:p

Ian_lawton 21-07-2011 07:35 PM

wanna link me to what you would recommend? i think brushless where just coming out when i started to give up lol about 5 years ago?

losichris 21-07-2011 07:40 PM

ive also got the bug back after 4yrs out. might pop down sunday or next sunday to race again

tisher 21-07-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by losichris (Post 529847)
ive also got the bug back after 4yrs out. might pop down sunday or next sunday to race again

come down the new track is awesome and they are all a friendly bunch

tisher 21-07-2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian_lawton (Post 529843)
wanna link me to what you would recommend? i think brushless where just coming out when i started to give up lol about 5 years ago?

I would go for something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Team-Assoc...item230e90c79a

captainlip 21-07-2011 08:09 PM

2wd is great start until you get the 4wd bug

Fast Eddie 21-07-2011 08:17 PM

I was in the same boat a couple of months ago and have now ended up with a B4, lipo, 9.5 brushless and a PT

The PT takes all the stress out of prep and getting out to marshall:thumbsup:

Other cars murder mine on the straight but I can almost handle it on the inner section :)

When I get more confident I will speed it up, sensored is much easier to handle too:)

Si Coe 21-07-2011 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tisher (Post 529842)
:woot:where that come from I battered the 2wd heat the other week with my RB5 then again I battered the 4wd Final with the Lazer as well:p

Because I was running in trucks. Which I won. With an ancient RC10T.

Si Coe 21-07-2011 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie (Post 529874)
I was in the same boat a couple of months ago and have now ended up with a B4, lipo, 9.5 brushless and a PT

The PT takes all the stress out of prep and getting out to marshall:thumbsup:

Other cars murder mine on the straight but I can almost handle it on the inner section :)

When I get more confident I will speed it up, sensored is much easier to handle too:)

Thats your esc not your motor. Watch one of mine on the straight - quick as anyone elses, but much tamer round the infield, and all running a 10.5t. The trick is a timing advance esc - gives me a boost on the straights but a mild motor everywhere else.

Fast Eddie 21-07-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Si Coe (Post 529922)
Thats your esc not your motor. Watch one of mine on the straight - quick as anyone elses, but much tamer round the infield, and all running a 10.5t. The trick is a timing advance esc - gives me a boost on the straights but a mild motor everywhere else.

Its a cc mamba max pro and I have the cables etc to set it up but it doesnt agree with my pc.

Also I am well under geared at the moment as my skill level cant handle too much top end:thumbsup:

tisher 21-07-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Si Coe (Post 529920)
Because I was running in trucks. Which I won. With an ancient RC10T.

:woot:I dont think so budy you where beat by a six year old with a ultima sc I have the final sheet vaughn won the truck final:phis first final win you came of with a Broke truck after a couple of laps buy somthing a bit newer there more reliable;)maybe a B4:lol: