oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRCA 1/10th OFF ROAD - 2011 (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Juniors, vets, F2's, Silverstone - September 3rd and 4th 2011 (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61737)

jimmy 24-01-2011 10:06 PM

Juniors, vets, F2's, Silverstone - September 3rd and 4th 2011

Feel free to post chat about Silverstone Juniors / Veterans / F2 finals 2011 in here!

Homepage

http://www.silverstonercmcc.co.uk/

Postcode
SilverstoneRCMCC
Silverstone Recreational Association
Church Street
Silverstone
Northamptonshire
NN12 8XA

DJ's Dad 23-06-2011 11:37 AM

Tried to find the entry form - where's it hiding?
Looked on BRCA site, Onetenthoffroad.... Any clues appreciated, thanks Nigel.

Nick 23-06-2011 11:42 AM

http://www.brca.org/sites/default/fi...orms%20(2).pdf

stuartw 23-06-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's Dad (Post 518731)
Tried to find the entry form - where's it hiding?
Looked on BRCA site, Onetenthoffroad.... Any clues appreciated, thanks Nigel.

Remember that you have to enter via your Regional Rep.
Fill in the form and hand it (with payment) to reserve a slot. Filling in the form does not guarantee a place as each Region only has a limited number of places, unless its for the Juniors. The higher you qualify in the Region the better your chances of getting in.

Stuart.

DJ's Dad 23-06-2011 04:49 PM

Thanks Stuart/Nick much appreciated. Intrigued to see it's Fastrax Turf-Ripper's as the control tyre for Silverstone. Thanks again Nigel.

CharlieF 10-08-2011 10:37 AM

Juniors Event at Silverstone - Tyres

Hi All Juniors.

Please be aware that all under 13 and under 16 Juniors entering either or both the 2wd and/or 4wd event(s) at Silverstone will be "given" a full "set" of Turf-Ripper tyres for that days competition. A set comprises tyres for both front and rear axles which have been kindly donated by CML Distribution in conjunction with the host club.

Please note also that these are tyres only and competitors will need to provide wheels and inserts to enable mounting on their cars.

Regards
Charlie Fraser
Sec. BRCA 1/10th Off-Road Section.

rowley 17-08-2011 06:50 PM

Hi all,

Just wondering what the best tyre is to use on this track in relation to wear rates etc.

I know that the Turf-ripper is nominated for dry conditions but how long do they last? 1 run, 2 runs?

I have also heard that our BB green spikes are used in the dry like at Kiddy and Southport. How do we do on wear rates of these in the dry?

Any local knowledge would be gratefully received!

Thanks

spenner 17-08-2011 07:15 PM

Info: one set of turf tippers could last you the whole day!! Depends on the driver, the Silverstone astro was new when purchased and offers plenty of grip. I have never used bb's in the dry and don't know anyone who has?? I would say that if you was to trim them down like at southport they would be good...

wacattack 18-08-2011 01:47 PM

So who is going to the f2s then? I know I'll be there :thumbsup:

Belsten 18-08-2011 06:16 PM

me too :thumbsup:

wacattack 18-08-2011 06:23 PM

Hopefully I won't repeat last year. Tq a round in both 2 and 4 and still didn't make the A ha!

Rich D 18-08-2011 06:31 PM

See you guys there :thumbsup:

spenner 18-08-2011 06:32 PM

I will be there!!!

Sadly not racing :(

RudeTony 19-08-2011 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spenner (Post 541916)
I will be there!!!

Sadly not racing :(

But you will wrenching on a certain car - LOL

chrispattinson 19-08-2011 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wacattack (Post 541908)
Hopefully I won't repeat last year. Tq a round in both 2 and 4 and still didn't make the A ha!

... that must have taken some doing.......

I'll be there :thumbsup:

big_whyman 19-08-2011 07:58 AM

Think me and the old man are going........ :thumbsup:

brookie 27-08-2011 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spenner (Post 541503)
Info: one set of turf tippers could last you the whole day!! Depends on the driver, the Silverstone astro was new when purchased and offers plenty of grip. I have never used bb's in the dry and don't know anyone who has?? I would say that if you was to trim them down like at southport they would be good...

Thanks John, an additional question for those that don't get to use Turf Ripper much! Recommendations for inserts please?

PS - Both Chris and I will be there.....presumably at opposite ends of the spektrum! :thumbsup:

Paul Field 29-08-2011 10:19 AM

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THEY HAVE AN ENTRY YET

Hi All

With 5 days to go until the F2 Finals does anyone know if they have an entry yet?
Its a fair distance to travel (cost of fuel etc) without a proper confirmation of an entry.

Why can't entries be confirmed earlier in the year as it is based on last years grades.
This would give time to organise hotels etc.

Slightly puzzled:confused:

Rich D 29-08-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Field (Post 546398)
Hi All

With 5 days to go until the F2 Finals does anyone know if they have an entry yet?
Its a fair distance to travel (cost of fuel etc) without a proper confirmation of an entry.

Why can't entries be confirmed earlier in the year as it is based on last years grades.
This would give time to organise hotels etc.

Slightly puzzled:confused:

Good point, im just assuming im in, paid money and paid for hotel but not yet heard anything. Some more info would be appreciated fellas.

Thanks

David Church 29-08-2011 11:02 AM

Your regional rep should be able to tell you if you have entry.

I have heard the vet's have a large number of entries this year, 30+. Now it would be nice if we got 3 leg "A" final:D