oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   SRCC - Southport (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Woodvale 2012 (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104028)

burgie 22-06-2012 02:01 PM

Woodvale 2012

http://www.srcc.co.uk/banners/woodvale.gif

It's not actually at Woodvale anymore, but that's a story for another day that involves Moles, Asbestos & the RAF. (honestly)

However, we are still a part of the new, relocated Woodvale Event but this time as a 2 day racing extravaganza at our home in Victoria Park.

FULL details will be posted here later on today.

danDanEFC 22-06-2012 03:29 PM

Yes, Woodvale Rally has moved date to the 28th and 29th of July, as there is nothing else happening that weekend ;) please check out the Srcc website for details.

robstanway 22-06-2012 04:17 PM

What about the oople race??? 27-29th

danDanEFC 22-06-2012 04:26 PM

Never heard of it :)

burgie 22-06-2012 09:04 PM

the re-scheduling of the show is way beyond the hands of SRCC, and hard as it is to believe, the organisers of the "Woodvale Rally" are not bothered about the oople race clashing wih their show!!!!

Anyway, SRCC is racing at their track for two days over that weekend, with camping I believe, from Friday tea time for those who book-in. So if those people who are not racing at the oople event fancy a weekends worth of racing somewhere else, Southport Radio Car Club can provide that facility.

danDanEFC 22-06-2012 11:05 PM

You must pre book as access roads are being closed to those without passes.

coleman758 23-06-2012 07:28 AM

No way! I can't belive it's on the same weekend as oOple Race!
How come they have moved the date forward?

It was in August last year??

coleman758 23-06-2012 07:40 AM

No way! I can't belive it's on the same weekend as oOple Race!
How come they have moved the date forward?

It was in August last year??

danDanEFC 23-06-2012 01:13 PM

Matt

The Woodvale Rally has been on the same weekend in August for ages, at least last 20 years.

Due to issues of Yemeni Terrosist groups possible stealing planes and using them to attack the Olympics and Moles digging up abestos from old WW2 hangers. The Rally can't be held at RAF woodvale, bloody useless blue jobs!

Luckily for us it has been moved to the park the SRCC track is located so we will be running all weekend on our own track.

We have no control of the date and it is a shame that people already lucky enough to get a place at the oOple race can't do both.

Any other questions please contact me or use this thread.

coleman758 23-06-2012 01:20 PM

Makes no sense why they moved it forward!

sly 23-06-2012 01:26 PM

The main part of the rally is being held in the flower show part of the park, and I would guess the since the flower show owns that part of Victoriapark they dictate the dates which I do believe don't get in the way of the flower shows preparation. Thus the last weekend in July.

Evo_Snr 25-06-2012 01:31 PM

Entry forms are now available from :-
http://www.srcc.co.uk/index.php?ind=...y_view&iden=85

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Si Coe 01-07-2012 01:26 PM

I'm going to see if I can drum up some business from the Bury racers that aren't doing the Oople. Got a few might be interested.

Evo_Snr 09-07-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burgie (Post 667432)
http://www.srcc.co.uk/banners/woodvale.gif

It's not actually at Woodvale anymore, but that's a story for another day that involves Moles, Asbestos & the RAF. (honestly)

However, we are still a part of the new, relocated Woodvale Event but this time as a 2 day racing extravaganza at our home in Victoria Park.

FULL details will be posted here later on today.

Please note that this weekend will be the last time you can pick up your Woodvale Passes as I will at the Barrow 2wd Regional on the 22nd July. I will take them with me to Barrow.
After next weekend you will have to post them to me and rely on the good old Post Office.
If you are not going to the club this weekend (15th July) or Barrow on 22nd July then you will need to get your application form ASAP. You will not be allowed into Rotten Row or the Field without a valid Pass

Evo_Snr 15-07-2012 06:58 PM

Woodvale Rally At Victoria Park

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo_Snr (Post 672753)
Please note that this weekend will be the last time you can pick up your Woodvale Passes as I will at the Barrow 2wd Regional on the 22nd July. I will take them with me to Barrow.
After next weekend you will have to post them to me and rely on the good old Post Office.
If you are not going to the club this weekend (15th July) or Barrow on 22nd July then you will need to get your application form ASAP. You will not be allowed into Rotten Row or the Field without a valid Pass

Today was the last time we will be in Vicky Park until Woodvale so any entries will either have to be posted to me or you can pay and pick up your pass from next weeks Regional at Barrow. Don't forget you can not just turn up on the Saturday or Sunday without a pass as you will not be allowed to enter Rotten Row or the field. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

danDanEFC 15-07-2012 07:21 PM

Ps We will be running Short Course trucks on Saturday

Evo_Snr 20-07-2012 10:08 PM

I will have Woodvale entry forms and passes at Barrow 2wd Regional.
You can book into both days or just one. Entry also includes a wristband so you go into the main arena. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

sly 24-07-2012 09:22 AM

Anymore?

danDanEFC 24-07-2012 09:39 AM

Looking forward to this I have done all my shopping including crisps, pot noodles and cava.

With us and oOple this week I am sure the sale of pot noodles have rocketed this week.

Si Coe 24-07-2012 08:47 PM

What are the start/finish times?

And will we need the wristband if we aren't going into the main arena? My little lad wants to come along, but I doubt I can cope with him and racing so I'll need to bring his mum as well though she won't go far from the car!