oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   XRAY (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=191)
-   -   XRAY XB4 - Free Upgrade Package (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119165)

j0pp3 11-01-2013 03:20 PM

XRAY XB4 - Free Upgrade Package

XRAY decided to giveaway a free package of some reinforced parts and some extra spares for XB4 owners :)

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...f6647c8089dddd

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...57897b77375a61

johnboy 11-01-2013 03:32 PM

Xray admitting the car was released with flaws credit for this upgrade kit foc

jamiekerr14 11-01-2013 03:35 PM

*Xray admitting there have been a few issues raised (In the grand scheme of things), and big enough to provide (free) fix for current owners. And not saying-its user error like some companies may have done.*

feniks 11-01-2013 03:51 PM

most companys just come out with an updated version of the car a year later lol.
or just say there is tolarance in some parts for a reazon , if it breaks its you.
what most brands forget is that the average level of driver issent no whare near that level of there team drivers , nor in how to builth a car nor in driving it.
we all now you cant make a car bulet proof , atleast they are atmitting they made it a small bit to weak for the avarage driver so ceep it together.
aldo the small things I had on my car are defo my own fault .
and so far find it bullet proof for me driving it.
most other cars cant take the abuse I have given this car already . so I am more than happy with it like it was but do find the new bulkhead a nice leap forward .

discothesnake 11-01-2013 04:14 PM

This is great. Not many companies would do this.

I feel some people are being harsh on Xray. It's a brand new buggy so it's obvious there is going to be some flaws.

You could spend £30,000 on a real car and it can get recalled. It's only natural.

Well done Xray i say. :)

reg 11-01-2013 04:15 PM

This is awsome,even the many people who have had no problems at all will get new FREE update parts,not charged for a so called speed secret package :woot:

Every new car has problems,i payed nearl £500 for the first durango,only to have to pay for the fix,ok at half price,but that makes a very very costly car

JohnM 11-01-2013 05:05 PM

I think this is a great move by XRay, but if you bought a XB4 now, would you get the new parts free as well?

reg 11-01-2013 05:18 PM

I would say yes,they will probably just put the kit in the next batch

P_B 11-01-2013 05:24 PM

Well done to XRay, this is great support to the early adopters. Denial that a problem actually exists is the usual case with most manufacturers, followed by an updated model or 'hop up' part fairly soon after. Good to see a company taking steps to address problems (real or perceived) without chasing customer dollars.

andys 11-01-2013 06:41 PM

Wow !

That's what I call service.

How many other manufacturers have responded to user problems so fast.... none?
I've set my slipper to the new 'looser' setting so i'll just keep the spares till something gives:)

Well pleased they have done this.

johnnygibbon 11-01-2013 07:31 PM

Good work xray
Can't wait to own this car with support like that from a company

sime46 11-01-2013 08:06 PM

Brilliant car with brilliant team support. Well done Team Xray.

Skye 11-01-2013 08:57 PM

Awesome work by Xray here. I've seen other companies with serious slopey shoulders when issues are found on new cars so much credit is due to Xray for taking one on the chin and reacting so positively to it. A few other big brands could learn from this!

bert digler 12-01-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye (Post 731775)
Awesome work by Xray here. I've seen other companies with serious slopey shoulders when issues are found on new cars so much credit is due to Xray for taking one on the chin and reacting so positively to it. A few other big brands could learn from this!

This is a first to my knowledge and welcome thing to do fair play to xray I've never known any company to admit a deficiencie in there goods and just shows how serious there taking making a quality item well done to Martin Hudy and the team for most of all being honest other brands stand up and take notice;)

dpackster1980 12-01-2013 10:08 PM

With this type of support then this would persuade me to go to Xray for a new 4wd if I was after one in a heartbeat. Nice one Xray, they could've fobbed people off like a certain manufacturer with 1.5mm CVD pins that failed and blamed the customer for building driveshafts wrong. They then had the nerve to ask people to put their hand in their pocket for newer driveshafts at a discounted rate.

Good on you Xray for taking it on the chin, every manufacturer has issues but you are the bigger manufacturer for admitting them. :thumbsup:

reg 12-01-2013 10:43 PM

TBH i dont think its a case of taking it on the chin,i think they just want everyone to be happy,

They did the same with the T2 008,it was designed when the lipo came out,because not many racers had lipos and used NMH,the spur rubbed the battery bar away,Xray send everyone a set of off set bush`s for free to move the shaft so it didnt rub.

They listen! :)

racingdwarf 13-01-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bert digler (Post 732153)
This is a first to my knowledge and welcome thing to do fair play to xray I've never known any company to admit a deficiencie in there goods and just shows how serious there taking making a quality item well done to Martin Hudy and the team for most of all being honest other brands stand up and take notice;)

Mugen did it many years ago with fuel tanks, as they got the top seal totally wrong and the tank wasn't pressurising, leaked everywhere, one call to tedlongshaw and all was solved.

Hats off to xray tho! most firms just spin you some BS....a certain english one springs to mind, with a 2wd when it 1st came out

AfroP 13-01-2013 05:45 PM

thats the kind of support and service every company should provide

if i had the money I'd be tempted with an xray car just with this kind of support

big thumbs up sirs

atsang 14-01-2013 10:40 AM

Really impressed with Xray customer service... as in my view the car never had any problems... now on my 8th race meet with no breakages at all while running on both polished wood and high grip astro... So thank you Xray for the spare parts :-)

thorny97 18-01-2013 10:10 PM

Upgrade parts are here

The upgrade parts have come in today at rcdisco so Greg will be shipping on Monday. But should you be racing tomorrow at west bridgeford with an xb4, come and see me has I have been given some spare upgrade packs. All I need to know is ur name and where u brought your car from. Thanks