oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mid West (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Kidderminster help (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81438)

Fletch248 24-09-2011 02:34 PM

Kidderminster help

Does anyone know if kidderminster run club meeting and when they are?

minivtec 24-09-2011 02:50 PM

No they dont run club meetings as far as i know:(

Fletch248 24-09-2011 02:54 PM

o ok thank you.. do you know of anywhere around the west mids doing a club meeting tommorow ?

RogerM 25-09-2011 08:53 AM

If you find anywhere running "club meetings" please post ... I've been looking for somewhere for many, many years now :(

Over the winter the MAM series (Kidderminster & Coventry) are very popular meetings, approx 2 per month, and I believe Ledbury will be running meetings over the winter too (Check with Nathan).

VintageRacer 28-09-2011 09:42 AM

I've spoken with the guys that run Kidderminster about the possibility of me running club events at Kiddy track on a regular basis, perhaps twice a month, and hope to do so starting in the spring.

I want to get a bit of experience of how events are run first so I will be taking my driver (my son!) with me to some of the MAM events (can't make this first one unfortunately).

Most likely it will be manual timing (someone sat pressing numbers on a computer) until we can see that it works and justify the expense of a timing system.

Would there be much interest in that? Thinking of Saturdays to avoid clashes with the regional events.

We wouldn't need loads of people to start with, but my longer term plan is to promote the club in the local area and encourage new people to the hobby, particulaly youngsters.

RogerM 28-09-2011 11:35 AM

Saturdays would be difficult for me (I work till at least noon most Saturdays) but I would be at every one I could be at. There is a possiblity that I could get a lone of an AMB system so we could run automated timing but I can not be certain till near the date.

berry50 28-09-2011 12:07 PM

I live in Kidderminster and have just joined the track again after 15yrs absence from RC. Saturdays would be out form me, but Sunday mornings would be good. I run 2wd SC at the moment.:D

jasonrcb 28-09-2011 12:18 PM

Could you not still run sundays as you could still possibly fit them in between regional weekends,as my guess would be most people who would like to do club meetings wouldnt be at national events so maybe run them on national weekends,i myself would come down for meetings but saturdays are no good for me

Big G 28-09-2011 12:21 PM

if there's enough interest I can sort a bbk system and AMB setup to use. I would need to clear this with others though, but I can't see why not.

Ritchie T 28-09-2011 12:34 PM

Id go :thumbsup:

VintageRacer 28-09-2011 07:46 PM

Looks like there would be sufficient interest if they were on Sundays. I don't have a problem with Sunday, my wife might ;)

My original logic for wanting club level racing locally was that there must be a demand from people who don't want to compete in regional nor national level, or at least not initially. Attracting new people straight into regional competition level must be tricky, so I guess holding meeting on the weekends of national events wouldn't exclude many, if any, as was mentioned.

Looking at this year's calendar, it would have been possible to hold at least 1, and often 2, Sunday club meetings every month without regional clashes, throughout the whole year.

The offers of timing equipment is encouraging, it would make life somewhat easier.

Fletch248 28-09-2011 08:12 PM

i would be interested in doing club meeting and im sure there are more people i know of that are not on oople who will come along.. i am sure i used to remember kiddy always doing a sunday meeting when i was doing my on road stuff.. i think if such a fantasic facility is there why not use it! make a summer championship would sure bring more people in.. advertising it on oople/facebook its all easy stuff

008-Racer 28-09-2011 08:17 PM

Count me in :thumbsup:

Would be happy to help out in any way

Awesome place and a huge waste that it isn't used full time!

RogerM 29-09-2011 11:27 AM

This is looking very encouraging! STILL my favourite track in this country even after all these years!!!!

Ben Turner 29-09-2011 12:44 PM

VERY keen :-)

xfactor 29-09-2011 01:09 PM

Count me in to and another 6, so 7 in total will turn up :thumbsup:

jon kedge 29-09-2011 01:26 PM

Up for kiddy sunday's

I'll be there for some club racing,2wd short course for me or vintage losi xxcr.Sunday's please with early finish to keep missis happy.

Big G 29-09-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Turner (Post 560575)
VERY keen :-)

Ben you can't be arsed to come to MAM events... :D:wub

Fletch248 30-09-2011 05:07 PM

any members going to practice tommorrow ?

berry50 30-09-2011 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch248 (Post 561128)
any members going to practice tommorrow ?

Don't think the track is open tomorrow:

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80660