oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Race Chat (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   B6 wet car (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208613)

bert digler 01-01-2021 12:27 PM

B6 wet car

Standup or layback tranny what's yours thoughts

Rc9 01-01-2021 04:00 PM

Layback all day mate.

I like the brass C block on mine also.

bert digler 01-01-2021 04:26 PM

Sound I'm gonna try the stand up as my local track is mega slippy in the wet the damp and cold and it's like the Luftwaffe has had a party🤠

dwp102 01-01-2021 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rc9 (Post 1012655)
Layback all day mate.

I like the brass C block on mine also.

Have you back to backed it?

bert digler 01-01-2021 06:16 PM

No but going to just trying to cure the ridiculous snap under throttle need to get as near to a rear motor then tweak forward bias last mid I run was a back in the day was an X6 which was 4gear stand up👍 over 10years ago

charlesk 01-01-2021 07:54 PM

Depends on the track, but for me on most of the astro tracks I run the layback (in the wet) with a brass c block is quicker. (not easier to drive, but quicker)
I also sometimes use the brass D block if I need a bit more traction.
Still need to feather the throttle, but work well as the car carries corner speed even in the wet.

/tobys 02-01-2021 10:55 AM

I would concur - I’ve run standup and layback on wet/greasy Astro and layback is definitely cornering faster (holding more speed). Standup can give the impression of more grip but I found it more likely to pendulum and more steering lock needed to get round corners.

Agree with brass C block and it might sound counter-intuitive, don’t go overboard on rear toe in. I found this gave me (and my driving style) similar problem to standup - backend locked in and then just gives and was really hard to catch it.

Make the suspension super soft and adjust roll centres to encourage roll. Think about weight distribution and where that weight is. Personally I don’t like the feel of weight behind the rear axle which is why I don’t run shocks of the rear, brass D block etc.

I prefer to ditch boost/turbo - gear up or motor up if you are lacking. I went better with a “blinky” 7.5 than mild turbo/boost 8.5.

Finally (and I can attest to this, having run timed back to back), the body makes a difference...

dwp102 02-01-2021 05:53 PM

I still think 4 gear is faster in the wet. Not sure about the motor position, but unless there are a lot of jumps the extra traction 4 gear gives I've always preferred

jon kedge 02-01-2021 08:31 PM

B6 in the wet at telford

Hi rob, tried my b6.2 d in the wet with lay back at Telford and it produced no side bite with green ballistics, been there with my losi 3.0 with 4 gear standup and went a lap faster. Went to Coventry with losi and it's the other way round b6 faster than losi. Get a b6 with stand up and you will be ok,but that's my opinion.

bert digler 03-01-2021 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon kedge (Post 1012670)
Hi rob, tried my b6.2 d in the wet with lay back at Telford and it produced no side bite with green ballistics, been there with my losi 3.0 with 4 gear standup and went a lap faster. Went to Coventry with losi and it's the other way round b6 faster than losi. Get a b6 with stand up and you will be ok,but that's my opinion.

Hi Jon I've got a b6 for a wet car that's my theory to

dwp102 03-01-2021 09:22 AM

AZ mechanics have just come out with a 4 gear layback transmission, might be worth having a look at

c0sie 24-10-2021 05:21 PM

Sorry (not sorry) for resurrecting an old thread, but..

Does anyone have a stand-up 4-gear B6D wet car setup they could share please?

I'm trying to find a setup to put on my stand-up 4-gear B6D for when the heavens open.

Thanks in advance :)