oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mid West (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Hereford Radio Car Club ***NEW*** Website (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36863)

markwilliamson2001 01-01-2010 12:07 PM

Hereford Radio Car Club ***NEW*** Website

Hi all, I have been occupied over the last couple of weeks doing the new Hereford Radio Car Club website:

See Here: http://www.1st-hrcc.co.uk

We would love to raise the profile of our club in the Mid-West region, and hope to arrange an indoor winter series possibly as part of the Mid-West region.

Feel free to comment and suggest things!

Mark Williamson

RogerM 01-01-2010 01:22 PM

Mark,

is the track shown on the video clip for 1/10th typical of what you normally build up? Reason I ask is that there seems to be a lot of features, hardly any of the lap is a flowing sequence of corners without some form of ramp.

Looks like you mix 2 & 4wd on a typical club night, which is the most popular at the club?

Just curious before I try and get a friday off job 2 to pop over.

ex-sco77morgan 01-01-2010 03:11 PM

Will it be in the large sports hall facility??

Welshy40 01-01-2010 03:18 PM

You guys have come a long way since the 90s when Terry was involved and invited me down. I enjoyed the old outdoor dirt track you had as well as doing a major indoor event on shiney wood. Great fun.

wezzer 01-01-2010 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerM (Post 325917)
Mark,

is the track shown on the video clip for 1/10th typical of what you normally build up? Reason I ask is that there seems to be a lot of features, hardly any of the lap is a flowing sequence of corners without some form of ramp.

Looks like you mix 2 & 4wd on a typical club night, which is the most popular at the club?

Hi
nope its not always like that, we just experiment with lots of different things, for club nights anyway, its good fun and the tracks are usually flowing and have a fair few features but not too many, any way its off road roger, you want flat? dont expect it with us :p

wezzer 01-01-2010 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sco77morgan (Post 325951)
Will it be in the large sports hall facility??

oh yes big man it most certainly will !!
i have raced for nearly 14 years now and this is one of the best venues i have found to race in, well lit, loads of space, good people and organisation, the only down side is it kinda off the beaten track but thats something we cant really change lol:thumbsup:

ollie 01-01-2010 08:12 PM

Hi,

The new website is more informative and far better than the old one, well-done.

ollie 01-01-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerM (Post 325917)
Mark,

Its off-road you can never have too many features in a track, the days of flat tracks have gone and will hopefully never return.

Long live jumps, ramps and any other feature that tests the suspension on my buggy!!!

ex-sco77morgan 01-01-2010 08:40 PM

Wez I completely agree, great venue and I'm in ........

Just need to generate enough interest for a cracking meeting !!

_sleigh_ 01-01-2010 08:50 PM

Definately agree, this venue is awesome. You can count me in too for any big meeting and the odd club night. I've praised the club several times to the BRCA committee in the hope you could get an indoor winter meeting. Hopefully this can be made to happen soon.

Can buggies be run on the clubs nights that are NOT specifically marked as offroad? I'd like to come down this month, but the offroad nights both clash with weekend meetings (Petit & BNWO)

Jonesy 01-01-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markwilliamson2001 (Post 325898)
Hi all, I have been occupied over the last couple of weeks doing the new Hereford Radio Car Club website:

See Here: http://www.1st-hrcc.co.uk

We would love to raise the profile of our club in the Mid-West region, and hope to arrange an indoor winter series possibly as part of the Mid-West region.

Feel free to comment and suggest things!

Mark Williamson

Hi Mark,

In relation to anything Mid West contact Tom Yardy, he's the best one to help (sorry if you know that and I'm stating the obvious)

wezzer 01-01-2010 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _sleigh_ (Post 326045)
Definately agree, this venue is awesome. You can count me in too for any big meeting and the odd club night. I've praised the club several times to the BRCA committee in the hope you could get an indoor winter meeting. Hopefully this can be made to happen soon.

Can buggies be run on the clubs nights that are NOT specifically marked as offroad? I'd like to come down this month, but the offroad nights both clash with weekend meetings (Petit & BNWO)

yo
unfortunatly not as it is an oval night so no circuit :thumbdown:

markwilliamson2001 01-01-2010 09:00 PM

Thanks for all the comments guys!

@sleigh:

On the oval nights, it is just a very small oval to be brutally honest, and not worth bringing down a buggy for, as it is meant to be for mardave mini-stocks and hot-rods. We run alternate weeks at Leominster, and will do all through the summer months as well.

We are running the micro nationals on in march, which I would recommend anyone from the mid-west section to come over and have a look at these fantastic little things go! The track will also be a very good representation of what we could do for a winter series 10th scale meeting.

@jonesy:
I am aware that Tom is the man in charge, but we are currently trying to decide where to best put our dates and get it all booked up with the leisure centre at present. Some discussions with those running the MAM would be ideal, as it would be bad if they clashed, and both series were effected... Tom was present for our SC10 meeting, and he was very impressed with the venue on the day. Who knows??

Hope this helps anyone.

Regards

_sleigh_ 01-01-2010 09:02 PM

No worries. I'll have to see about squeezing in a Friday night in early Feb.

_sleigh_ 01-01-2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markwilliamson2001 (Post 326051)
We are running the micro nationals on in march, which I would recommend anyone from the mid-west section to come over and have a look at these fantastic little things go! The track will also be a very good representation of what we could do for a winter series 10th scale meeting.

Already sorted for this one. Loan car sorted, just need to get the entry in.

GRIFF55 01-01-2010 10:24 PM

great place to race, freindly guys and one if not the best indoor venue i have raced at!!:thumbsup: I'd love to come to any meets you got going dates permitting

neiloliver 02-01-2010 09:08 AM

Great Website! - the embedded calendar is a good idea.

I will see if some of the Oz crew want to come down for a club meeting. What is the race fee for non club members? The website states the membership fee of £8 but it does not show member/non member club night fees?

N

markwilliamson2001 02-01-2010 09:52 AM

Thanks for the heads up Neil, I will add this later on. It is £4 for members racing I am sure, will have to dig out my AGM sheet, but I think it is about £5 I think for non-members? Can wezzer confirm this!?

Ben Turner 02-01-2010 10:06 AM

£4 for members £5 for non-members :)

Unless Jamies been charging me wrong :woot:

gaffer 02-01-2010 11:16 AM

Hereford is an awesome Club, with great friendly people always willing to help and talk to you and the track is amazing. I have made the 100 mile round trip through mostly country lanes for a few months now and its definately worth the trip. If you get a chance to come down you wont be dissapointed either.

Stuart.