oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Schumacher (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   KF vs B5M on astro (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157999)

DNC 06-10-2014 03:59 PM

KF vs B5M on astro

Hi
I've been running a B5M at my local club for a while now (Astro track).
I've struggled to get to grips with the B5m and am thinking of selling and replacing with a KF

My question is does the KF require any upgrades or does it work straight from the box?
And is shorty or saddles the best option??

Thanks

Lee24h 06-10-2014 05:07 PM

I run a kf and thinking i may go back to my centro c4.2

mark christopher 06-10-2014 06:18 PM

ran mine out the box at oople series then added the alloy top mounts to fit the shocks to the rear

Adam F 06-10-2014 07:51 PM

I ran my KF bog stock and it was awesome, only changes were springs oil as per cockers setup from silverstone.

I have the mods too, but the at doesn't really need them, it's so easy to drive already..

Hope it helps..

madmulc 06-10-2014 08:45 PM

The KF is amazing straight out of the box if you are racing on high grip surface. But if you are racing on low grip then forget it. you need to spend a stupid amount of money to get it to work. Oh and I find it runs better with saddles or you will need to buy extra weight if you run shorties.

DNC 06-10-2014 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmulc (Post 879967)
The KF is amazing straight out of the box if you are racing on high grip surface. But if you are racing on low grip then forget it. you need to spend a stupid amount of money to get it to work. Oh and I find it runs better with saddles or you will need to buy extra weight if you run shorties.

That's really helpful. I will be running on astro all the time.
Interesting about the saddles vs shorty
Thanks

DNC 06-10-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark christopher (Post 879938)
ran mine out the box at oople series then added the alloy top mounts to fit the shocks to the rear

What do the alloy top mounts do???

neallewis 06-10-2014 09:36 PM

I recently built mine box stock, with the addition of the alloy rear mounts (U4616) with the shocks mounted on rear, reversed front wishbones and drilled rear pistons to 1.6mm, and then ran at the last event at RHR astro. Car was awesome.
It's junk on low traction tracks however, so as I have low traction cars, and i don't want to spend mine more than the kit cost on extra parts, its getting shelved for the winter.
It's an awesome car if you run on astro or carpet however. :thumbsup:

Zipper 06-10-2014 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DNC (Post 879910)
Hi
I've been running a B5M at my local club for a while now (Astro track).
I've struggled to get to grips with the B5m and am thinking of selling and replacing with a KF

My question is does the KF require any upgrades or does it work straight from the box?
And is shorty or saddles the best option??

Thanks

You run at Coastal don't you? I run the Associated/Centro C4.2 round there and am really happy with the way it goes so I might be able to help. What are you not liking about the B5M?

/tobys 07-10-2014 07:33 AM

there is also a rumour thread on here which suggests a new KF could be on its way....and it would be reasonable to assume that this would address at least some of the cost concerns with getting the car running well on low grip surfaces and perhaps be closer to the team-spec cars.

badger5 07-10-2014 12:12 PM

I have run my KF since they first came out and have loved every minute of it, probably the best car I've ever driven! :thumbsup:
The car does drive better with the low grip chassis when the grip/weather is changeable. Out of the box the car is great on dry astro but would suffer when it's wet, running a ball diff, rear shocks on the rear of the arms and basic set up can make the car better in the wet but still it's better with the low grip chassis.

I suspect that Schuey will come out with a new kit in the not to distant future that will have the low grip or alloy chassis as standard so the car can run with saddles or a shorty out of the box.

DNC 08-10-2014 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zipper (Post 879988)
You run at Coastal don't you? I run the Associated/Centro C4.2 round there and am really happy with the way it goes so I might be able to help. What are you not liking about the B5M?

Thanks Lee. I will have a chat with you at the next meeting.