oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Team Associated (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   B5m no steering ?? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158775)

jk007 21-10-2014 07:55 PM

B5m no steering ??

I built my b5m last week and ran it at the weekend.
I really struggled with it , it has no steering at slow speed
And on power has no steering at all just goes straight on
I was having to brake all the time just to get it to turn.
The car is set up by the book ,stock settings all round.
What do I need to change to get on power steering ????
Cheers Jason

alex97 21-10-2014 08:00 PM

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152467

I added harder front springs and 20g of weight in front of the servo.

K-Brewer 21-10-2014 08:06 PM

Heard those vbc cars are pretty good

jk007 21-10-2014 08:41 PM

Lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-Brewer (Post 882246)
Heard those vbc cars are pretty good

Lol lol

DNC 21-10-2014 09:10 PM

I've been having a same issue with my B5m

I've tried loads of different set ups but can't seem to cure it.

Noob 21-10-2014 09:24 PM

I found a harder front spring turned down the oversteer on exit and has left it understeering i little bit too much, i went from kit to red then yellow.

SLEENAD 21-10-2014 09:27 PM

Add Caster for on power steering?

And shocks inside on arm for low speed steering?

daz 22-10-2014 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jk007 (Post 882243)
I built my b5m last week and ran it at the weekend.
I really struggled with it , it has no steering at slow speed
And on power has no steering at all just goes straight on
I was having to brake all the time just to get it to turn.
The car is set up by the book ,stock settings all round.
What do I need to change to get on power steering ????
Cheers Jason

Theres a simple solution for this, to make a car steer their is a special stick on the right hand side of your transmitter. If you move it to the left the car will turn left, to make the car turn right move the stick to the right. Hth :thumbsup:

cutting42 22-10-2014 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daz (Post 882288)
Theres a simple solution for this, to make a car steer their is a special stick on the right hand side of your transmitter. If you move it to the left the car will turn left, to make the car turn right move the stick to the right. Hth :thumbsup:

This is BS, don't listen to Daz, ignore all this stick nonsense. There is a little wheel on the right of your controller, turn it clockwise for right and anticlockwise for left. :thumbsup:

CRCC 25-10-2014 07:26 AM

What tyres are you using? I've found it makes a massive difference to mine, depending on the track conditions.

Very dry - Yellow stagger ribs work well on astro
Damp/Dry - Yellow cut staggers
Wet - Green mini spikes
Very wet - Stay at home.

I run the red spring in the front, 30wt shock oil, long links on the annoying twisty thingys..... you know what I mean....and a 2mm washer under the ball stud. Ride height is 17mm and I'm using the no.4 insert. -1 camber.

I found that I had too much steering and had to then dial down the expo on my transmitter to suit my driving. It also stopped the rear of the car sliding out when I was mid corner.

If you look on line, you can find instructions that tell you what each adjustment on your car will do. Try changing one thing at a time to make the car do what you want it to do.

jammyjay 06-12-2014 07:16 PM

for steering problems change the front wishbones and front shock tower to the B5 front end will give you better turning in!!!!!!!!

wookieewonder 06-12-2014 07:37 PM

Don't worry about all the minor set up adjustments. Start with correct tyres for the conditions (copy what everyone else is using). Shocks springs; softer front , stiffer rear = more steering. You can add steering by removing rear end grip. Rear hubs in long wheelbase is a good quick setup change too for more steering/ less rear grip. Lipo forward . Hi power / hi speed servo makes a big difference. Hope this helps ! :thumbsup:

Noob 06-12-2014 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wookieewonder (Post 888873)
Don't worry about all the minor set up adjustments. Start with correct tyres for the conditions (copy what everyone else is using). Shocks springs; softer front , stiffer rear = more steering. You can add steering by removing rear end grip. Rear hubs in long wheelbase is a good quick setup change too for more steering/ less rear grip. Lipo forward . Hi power / hi speed servo makes a big difference. Hope this helps ! :thumbsup:

Yeah tyres are the biggest thing to get right, I had tons of steering on mine and went to red which dialled down the steering then yellow on the front also screw the shock collars up to reduce spring tension on front and lower the buggy overall.
Also go with skinny front wheels n tyres.

DNC 07-12-2014 07:26 PM

I solved my steering issues get a TLR22 2.0!!!!

archtech 08-12-2014 01:49 AM

#AS91403 - Caster Block Bushing, offset , these helped a bit (no idea how was recommended to me) thin front tires seem to give me the most turning.