oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   X-Factory (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How much?? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1186)

ryan 02-10-2006 05:30 PM

How much??

hi,
i am debating between 2 cars; the x-5 and the xx4 and i am quite tempted to go for the x-5 but there are a few questions i need awnsered first. does any one know how much they are from lesro models? is there any things i will need to buy for it? what is the differnce between the x5 and the xx4?:bom:

ryan

PaulRotheram 02-10-2006 05:40 PM

you do know the x5 is a conversion for the xx4 right?

bert digler 02-10-2006 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulRotheram (Post 12384)
you do know the x5 is a conversion for the xx4 right?

dont fink he does pipe xx4 sorted x5:eek:

ryan 02-10-2006 05:53 PM

soz, i is going to get the entire car forget to mention. lol:rolleyes:

ryan

Chrislong 02-10-2006 06:09 PM

Hi Ryan,
Give Daryl a ring, he is the only person who can give you a definate answer. He is a great chap to chat to so don't worry, be worth having a list of questions for him if you want.

Im not sure if I can post his phone number, but if you PM me I can give it you.

Chris

ryan 02-10-2006 06:19 PM

i dont want to phone daryl i used to be sponsoured by them but i didnt want to carry it on. lol. i get someone alse to do it.

Chris
do you run outdrive savers and a front one-way?

Ryan

Chrislong 03-10-2006 11:20 AM

Hi Ryan,
Yes I am running the composite rear diff with savers, and I run the Apex/DCR front one way diff (modded to fit), but Daryl now supplies these ready to fit into X5/XX4.

Although a steel rear diff wouldn't effect the performance.

The outdrive savers are ones I used to have made and supply, but I can no longer do them and have none left. I beleive the latest kits/spares come with the outdrive saver rings though.

cabbynate 03-10-2006 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan (Post 12383)
hi,
i am debating between 2 cars; the x-5 and the xx4 and i am quite tempted to go for the x-5 but there are a few questions i need awnsered first. does any one know how much they are from lesro models? is there any things i will need to buy for it? what is the differnce between the x5 and the xx4?:bom:

ryan

I think the mane differences are the fact that the X-5 is a single belt drive and the XX4 is run on a Three belt system. The X-5 uses a 2x4 cell configuration and the XX4 uses a 3x3 cell configuration. The X-5 Seems like it would be a bit easier to work on. I personally like the center one-way action of the XX4. The clicker set up works sort of like the center one way on the Yokomo BX. That is one of the reasons I chose the BX over the BJ4WE.......... I personally am not to fond of front one ways. I like a little drag in the front when I break and I feel the car has more control in the air with front wheel drag or all wheel drive. I also like front diffs.:)

YoungChazz 05-10-2006 02:15 AM

Lots of info to be had at www.4wdrc.com . Lots of guys on the forum to give you the straight deal.

I'm biased, but we think the X - 5 has the best balance, both fore & aft and side-to-side of any 4WD on the market. This makes it even easier to drive fast than the xx-4. The X - 5 is also probably the easiest to work on 4-wheeler out there.