oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Faversham Off Road Car Club (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Petit RC (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37878)

Hog 18-01-2010 09:25 AM

Petit RC

So - did we all enjoy ourselves?

I think the FORCC drivers put in a damn good showing with some top driving, and a big :thumbsup: to Tom Bate, Garry Spice and Dave Crew for winning their finals. Top skills chaps.

Must admit I was rather proud to overhear people I'd never met before talking about our club, and the numbers of drivers we regularly attract. I think with this year being our silver jubilee we really need to push getting the club even more known, not so much to attract more Wednesday night drivers (even though that is our bread and butter income) but more to ensure bumper entries when we host regionals and whatever other race meetings we participate, like the August car show for example.

Great weekend guys - just wish I was still in bed instead of being at my desk........

Team No Idea 18-01-2010 10:03 AM

I second all of that Dave!!!, Lets get FORCC out there as a team! i think its fair to say we all had weekend full of ups and downs but on the whole it was a great fun race meeting.

If Forcc had awards they would go as follows....

Best/closest finish award --- Will Johnson
The run away victory award --- Tom Bate
The underdog award --- Garry "meerkat camo pants" Spice for running the 13.5
The solid performance award --- Dave Crew
The "he who dares, wins" award --- Dave andrews
The duff transponder award --- Jon Peters
The naff day followed by a lucky win award --- Brett "2 cat sx" Hope
Best success story --- Scott dickinson and Mark headlings 2wd cars
The Golden Cock award ---Me! for not getting past lap 1 of both finals

Hog 18-01-2010 10:45 AM

Mention must go to Neil as well - top Faversham qualifier and a strong opening few laps to the E final only to have a wishbone fail.

I thought I was going to win the "Marshals can't be arsed to get his car" award - so what's the "Who dares wins" then matey? :D

PS - Nearly forgot. There's also the "brick walls are harder than a CAT SX" award which goes to Richard Baker. Sorry pal - couldn't resist.......

Garry Spice 18-01-2010 11:21 AM

yep...top weekend! martins awards are deafo right! i think we all had a great laugh and nice to see some old faces came up to watch to!

David Church 18-01-2010 11:26 AM

Congrats to all the FORCC drivers!!!
It was great to see so much support from the local drivers:thumbsup:

Team No Idea 18-01-2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog (Post 332375)
Mention must go to Neil as well - top Faversham qualifier and a strong opening few laps to the E final only to have a wishbone fail.

There's also the "brick walls are harder than a CAT SX" award which goes to Richard Baker. Sorry pal - couldn't resist.......

Bugger Sorry Neil !! :blush:
Totally agree Dave, top honours go to Neil as best qualifier heading the Forcc attack!
I love the Richard Baker award too, although he could have got a few awards... like "best rap song of the day!" or "Mr entertainment for Scott and Mark" :lol:

As for the "He who dares, Wins" Dave, i have to hand it to you, there were some wicked overtakes being pulled off by your good self along with a good helping of aggression!! 'ave it! :woot:

On the whole i think is was a TOP showing for the South east in general !

Garry Spice 18-01-2010 11:48 AM

i really do need to get a new job so i can work days....i wanna go racing again.shh,brett i beat you again and i havent raced in 4months!!!!

Team No Idea 18-01-2010 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garry Spice (Post 332407)
brett i beat you again and i havent raced in 4months!!!!

Now now Garry.......... Brett won the Cat SX, that makes him the winner!:woot:

Hog 18-01-2010 12:16 PM

At least I kept my record of blowing a diff in Round 1 - 2 years on the trot :cry:

Team No Idea 18-01-2010 12:19 PM

That shows just how consitant you are Dave! Even down to the tiny details! Now most people would have done something else like a wing mount but no, consistancy is the key!:thumbsup:

Hog 18-01-2010 12:34 PM

I did the wing mount on the last lap of my final seeing if I could reach the finish line from the ramp without touching the carpet :thumbsup:

Alas.......no :cry:

Team No Idea 18-01-2010 12:39 PM

LOL, god yeah id forgotten about your flying finnish!, you only just made it to the line! Didnt Mr Crew do a similar thing only hitting another car after the jump?

MHeadling 18-01-2010 12:44 PM

Yes great show this weekend from the FORCC gang!

Martin has pretty much said it all apart from my win in 2wd with the new SMR B4 chassis! Big thanks to Scott for All his hard work on the project .

Thanks to Spud man for all his comedy moments on track and in the pits

See you all wed!!

Hog 18-01-2010 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team No Idea (Post 332440)
LOL, god yeah id forgotten about your flying finnish!, you only just made it to the line! Didnt Mr Crew do a similar thing only hitting another car after the jump?

Yes - that's why Garry had to throw Dave's car over the line to get the win :woot:

rc_penguin 18-01-2010 08:36 PM

Agreed :D I really enjoy going to these big meetings and think its much nicer having your club behind you :thumbsup: Next big meeting on my list is Worksop on the 7th of febuary too which im taking Tom Bate in the car too, can i persaude you lot to venture up to york also? We have the advantage of we are used to the grip level also lol :)

greasy mark 18-01-2010 08:42 PM

il be going up hopefully

rc_penguin 18-01-2010 08:47 PM

Wooo, there's one ill start a Forcc drivers list :D

FORCC drivers list for Worksop 7th Febuary:

Will Johnson
Tom Bate
Mark "Mbmodeltek" Bailey

Team No Idea 18-01-2010 10:22 PM

Sounds like fun Will, i take it you guys are staying somewhere over night?

rc_penguin 18-01-2010 10:27 PM

Yeah we normally go up saturday afternoon and stay overnight in the premier inn 15/20 mins from the track :)

Team No Idea 18-01-2010 10:29 PM

Nice thought but not sure i can afford it.:cry: in fact im positive i cant afford it!. :(