oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bury Metro (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Book in for December 7th (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15642)

The race controller 04-11-2008 01:48 PM

Book in for December 7th

Book in for December the 7th straight to bmrcc@talktalk.net

Same Place, same surface....

Then check the website for the list. ( www.bmrcc.talktalk.net )

bigred5765 04-11-2008 02:38 PM

pm sent book us in for sure

The race controller 04-11-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigred5765 (Post 175208)
pm sent book us in for sure

You didn't check the list did you.

bigred5765 04-11-2008 08:25 PM

ahh good man, thank you please,

woOdy 05-11-2008 11:19 PM

We have a bit of a telling off about the bluegroove on the floor. They have asked us to cover the whole floor with carpet. I dont want to do this as the place is very expensive and we can get any hall and cover it with carpet for much less. Please could you all let me know what u think? Other places we looked at was a big sports hall with seperate gym for pitting for half the price.

DaveG28 05-11-2008 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woOdy (Post 175867)
We have a bit of a telling off about the bluegroove on the floor. They have asked us to cover the whole floor with carpet. I dont want to do this as the place is very expensive and we can get any hall and cover it with carpet for much less. Please could you all let me know what u think? Other places we looked at was a big sports hall with seperate gym for pitting for half the price.

Would that need carpeting too Woody?

bigred5765 05-11-2008 11:25 PM

unless they pay for the carpet, go for the half price option,shame the surface was mint to drive on,

Cockerill 05-11-2008 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woOdy (Post 175867)

The floor was the best bit about the venue in my opinion. So if your gonna have to cover it all in carpet go for the half price option.

woOdy 05-11-2008 11:33 PM

Yes the reason i liked the place was the floor. If we cant use it then yes the other places we would have to cover the floor anyway so we would save money to hold the same meeting if not better as it would be wider.

Richard Lowe 06-11-2008 12:11 AM

Thats a shame, like Tom I thought the floor was the best thing about the venue - it was really nice to drive on.

If the whole track is covered with that black carpet I dont think I'll bother putting any tyres on :woot:

Colinevan 06-11-2008 12:23 AM

Bluegroove??? What do you mean Stu.

Did the cars leave marks on track somehow??

Couldn't see anything..

matdodd 06-11-2008 08:04 AM

Woody id say go for the half price option mate, the floor there is what made it so good! :thumbsup:

MikePimlott 06-11-2008 08:25 AM

Would be a shame to loose the venue but theres no point covering all the track in carpet, Defeats the object of off road really. Id try to find somewhere else for half the price aswell.

njc11 06-11-2008 09:13 AM

Here's a pic.. they reckon they have spent quite a while trying to clean this off (the have a big ride on machine, which puts water down and sweeps up..)

http://www.cls.eclipse.co.uk/RCCars/...after%202a.jpg

As you can see its only the fast corner areas of the track which were marked, the other end of the hall is fine..

We had a meeting with the center yesterday, and yes they want us to cover the whole area we race on with carpet.. we have said well if thats the case we can find somewhere else for half the price as woOdy has said above..

We are waiting for the site manager to come back to us now, as one thing we did mention was how about covering the corner areas only with carpet?? So it would stil leave areas, like the straight etc still free from carpet? What are peoples thoughts on this??

The venue is very impressive has superb lighting and plenty of space for pitting and storage, it would be a shame to move...

Cheers

Nick
:thumbsup:

pugboy 06-11-2008 09:22 AM

That's really disappointing as the venue was superb in every respect. I guess another option would be to try and find something that does remove the stain from the tyres and then the club fund the clean up operation each time out of the entry fees. I'm no expert on floor cleaning or solvents for model car tyres but it would be good to find a solution if poss rather than move.

Chris

WHITTLER555 06-11-2008 05:28 PM

This is very disappointing although I must say I am not surprised following a slight run in I had with someone who I assumed to be a caretaker. I only asked for the side door to be kept open whilst I finished my sandwich outside!

Back to the racing.

Im my opinion the surface was critical to the track. To have to put carpet down on the fast corners will deter from the excellent racing experience we had last week. I think if they are complaining about the corners then it is only a matter of time before they are not happy with the straight and then if someones car actually crashes and causes damage to the floor that will be that.

I feel really sorry for Stu, Roger and the guys who have put a lot of time and effort in and brought this together.

My vote would be for the bigger sports hall at half the price where maybe we can eat and drink in the hall.:thumbsup:

Don't worry, we will still come and race because it is LOCAL!:thumbsup:

MikePimlott 06-11-2008 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugboy (Post 175941)
I guess another option would be to try and find something that does remove the stain from the tyres and then the club fund the clean up operation each time out of the entry fees. I'm no expert on floor cleaning or solvents for model car tyres but it would be good to find a solution if poss rather than move

Agreed.
We could speak to other athletic clubs and see what they have found ? this is a new club and water might just not be enough to clean it.

Answer-RC-Pete 06-11-2008 07:56 PM

I did think that when the track came up there may be "evidence" looking at the tyre wear of the slowest driver (me!) I figured it had all gone somewhere.
Contol tyre of a harder compound?

To put carpets on the corners would be a shame as the surface on the straight doesnt add any fun..

Having said that - will come regardless but there is no point paying the premium if there are other options.

I can think of a few that might be worth contacting but imagine if you have viewed a few you have some in mind..

DaveG28 06-11-2008 08:35 PM

Will we definitely have somewhere sorted for 7th Dec? It's not too far away!

Gutted for Woody/Nick and the team after all their hard work!

Ashalak 11-11-2008 02:31 PM

Any developments on the next venue, whether it'll be the same or different? I'm looking to book in but obviously would rather know if there is a meeting first or not.