oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Team C Racing (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   Indoor setup for a T4? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111969)

Muzzie 07-10-2012 09:59 AM

Indoor setup for a T4?

Hi,

Does anyone have a good indoor (carpet) setup sheet for a T4?

ben44 09-10-2012 02:42 PM

I haven't any setup at this time, but Friday i drive in indoor with carpet and gym floor.
I look to drive at the CML race, so need to find one ... but i've to find the setup for my wife 1st :cry:

Robbiejuk 09-10-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben44 (Post 702333)
but i've to find the setup for my wife 1st :cry:

Does she need much setting up? :eh?:

If you are sturggleing there are some decent set-ups in the Ansmann section for the T4. Look for Danny Magees Area 51 set-up from last winter. That will be as good as any on carpet.

I will work on a set-up myself this friday hopefully.

Arn0 09-10-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbiejuk (Post 702364)
Does she need much setting up? :eh?:

If you are sturggleing there are some decent set-ups in the Ansmann section for the T4. Look for Danny Magees Area 51 set-up from last winter. That will be as good as any on carpet.

I will work on a set-up myself this friday hopefully.

I guess Ben's wife is also doing some RC, so he need to tweak her car.

For setup: http://www.petitrc.com/_forumphp/sheet.php

ben44 10-10-2012 11:20 AM

No it's a joke, because it's not easy to go every week end at the track with 3 small kids ...
For the T4 with oils on the gear diff will you used on carpet? I've try 5000 front 2000 rear on astro it's was great but it's was rainning.

john333 10-10-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben44 (Post 702594)
No it's a joke, because it's not easy to go every week end at the track with 3 small kids ...

Yes I know that feeling very well.....

deano43 13-10-2012 09:35 PM

Hi muzie whats up with jonos set up he races his at broxtowe on carpet and if not then run the kit set up but with thicker oils than kit then work from there i say this because the 2wd that me and john run went very well in kit setup anyway thats my contribution oh you could try jays set up option and buy every aluminium option then hope it goes better lol only kidding jay if your watching this post

Muzzie 15-10-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deano43 (Post 703581)
Hi muzie whats up with jonos set up he races his at broxtowe on carpet and if not then run the kit set up but with thicker oils than kit then work from there i say this because the 2wd that me and john run went very well in kit setup anyway thats my contribution oh you could try jays set up option and buy every aluminium option then hope it goes better lol only kidding jay if your watching this post

Yep bling it the way forward :p.. Jay wont see this, he is Mr Durango :lol:. Yep the setup is good kit standard, just needs a bit more steering and stiffer springs for the Mansfield off road track :thumbsup:.

ben44 17-10-2012 10:52 AM

Mabby use the rolling bar too.

Muzzie 28-10-2012 11:48 AM

Does anyone know a web site where I can order T4 spares online without having to drive to my local model shop.

Robbiejuk 29-10-2012 01:04 PM

You can mail order from PBM, Not sure if they would have everything listed on their website.

Muzzie 17-11-2012 11:02 AM

Anyone got a photo of the T4 with the rear shock mounted on the front. I can't figure out what this means on the set-up sheet. I'm assuming I need to cut the shock tower?

"Stu and have now mounted the rear mount on the front of the bracket, thus decreasing the distance you have space the shocks forward. It involves removing the bottom of the shock mount up to the first cross bar join and then screwing right through the plastic brace and bolting on fromm theother side. You will however need to flatten the angle on the plastic bracket, otherwise the shock tower will have a slight angle."

A picture would speak a thousand words :blush:

Question - Does mounting the rear shock on the front make that much difference?:confused:

Robbiejuk 17-11-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muzzie (Post 714146)
Anyone got a photo of the T4 with the rear shock mounted on the front. I can't figure out what this means on the set-up sheet. I'm assuming I need to cut the shock tower?

"Stu and have now mounted the rear mount on the front of the bracket, thus decreasing the distance you have space the shocks forward. It involves removing the bottom of the shock mount up to the first cross bar join and then screwing right through the plastic brace and bolting on fromm theother side. You will however need to flatten the angle on the plastic bracket, otherwise the shock tower will have a slight angle."

A picture would speak a thousand words :blush:

Question - Does mounting the rear shock on the front make that much difference?:confused:

Basically swap the rear wishbones side to side so that you have shock mounting holes on the front rather than the back, leaving the hubs the same way round and then you mount the shocks on the front of the tower. Alternitively some of the guys have just drilled new holes in the wishbones and flipped the shocks to the front.

To do it the way that is described above means cutting your shock tower in half, and dremmeling the bulkhead flat on the back to get the tower to mount straight. The only real benefit is that you don't need to space out the shocks away from the tower as much to get them sitting straight and not at an angle.

If you choose the first method it makes the car a load shorter.

It does make a lot of difference to how the car reacts, it's a lot sharper on turn in, reminded me a lot of my B44 that I owned before. I have actually converted mine back recently as I found it a bit of a handful on high grip surfaces.

The one place I did really like it was at worksop. The car was much better after I moved the shocks forward as on the slippier surface it turned in soo much better and I felt it carried speed through on power corners so much better.

Robbiejuk 17-11-2012 09:43 PM

Found some pictures but not great ones I am afraid..

http://www.oople.com/forums/attachme...5&d=1321260394

http://www.oople.com/forums/attachme...7&d=1328816147

These are of DMs car when he ran for ansmann, sort of show the final result, not much detail though unfortunatley. These are examples of major modification to fit the tower further forward.

Muzzie 19-01-2013 08:57 PM

Guy's

I really need a good base setup for high grip carpet, I love my T4 on the Med to Low grip surfaces but on high grip (Broxtowe / West Bridgeford) I just can't get a good setup. I've look on Petit RC but I'm unsure what to go for as the setups all so different (spings, shock oil, roll bars etc.). All I want is a setup that easy to drive and so the car doesn't turn up its own arse or grip roll round coners :blush:. Imagine that all everyone wants LOL

There not many Team C T4 out there so any Help would be great :thumbsup:

Smartalec 19-01-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muzzie (Post 735107)
Guy's

I really need a good base setup for high grip carpet, I love my T4 on the Med to Low grip surfaces but on high grip (Broxtowe / West Bridgeford) I just can't get a good setup. I've look on Petit RC but I'm unsure what to go for as the setups all so different (spings, shock oil, roll bars etc.). All I want is a setup that easy to drive and so the car doesn't turn up its own arse or grip roll round coners :blush:. Imagine that all everyone wants LOL

I'll take a look at mine tomorrow and let you know, mine is good on high grip so hopefully it will help you out ;0)

Tbone 21-01-2013 07:39 AM

Hy ,
here is my latest setup op high grip carpet with some wood jumps from the last EOS race..
finsihed in B final so not to slow lol :) ...

I just dutted the rear topdeck cause it made the car more forgiving, espessially on the wood jumps.
switching the dampers like on the photo I tried 2 times and everytime I wend back I didn't like the feel of it.

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/teamc/s...2013010506.pdf

most important think is when the track is tecnical with some sharp corners you need to give the car max steering so it could be that you need to mill a little the diffcase in front and also the chubs where they touch. Just take a look its easy to find out. we already work on a solution to get more steering angle :)

regards Tom

Robbiejuk 21-01-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Guy's

Yeah it did look a handful on saturday :cry:

Mine when I have run at it at bridgford has always been quite understeery, So I was quite surprised about how much steering you had on yours.

I was going to come and find you and have a look at your car but I was too busy running race control or serving cups of tea to come and have a looksie.

Any chance you can get down on a friday night and we can exchange ideas?

Rchobbysyd 21-01-2013 01:47 PM

Rear hex pin!!

how do you guys make the rear hex "pin" to hold up? when you run on carpet.

Smartalec 21-01-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Guy's

Hi mate, i've just emailed you my indoor setup, see how you get on and let me know.

Cheers
Alec