oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Aussie (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   St Ives track August 2009 (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28203)

geerno 03-08-2009 03:59 AM

St Ives track August 2009

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Jimmy

Here's a shot of the new track layout, it has been revised since the first build. Shots were taken by Thomas, and stitched by Mitch both from St Ives club.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...-club-574.html

Here also is a video by Thomas. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUlWDY3Hc3Q

cjm_2008 03-08-2009 07:43 AM

I'd appreciate it if you could refrain from posting about your awesome track, in your awesome country with predictably awesome weather, thank you very much.

we're doing just fine without having our faces rubbed in it.

:p:p:p:p:p

jimmy 03-08-2009 07:54 AM

Awesome, I see what you mean about losing the old skool charm - but looks like a fun track :thumbsup:

here's what it looked like a year ago when I was there:
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/stive...s/DSC_8071.jpg

geerno 03-08-2009 10:06 AM

Yeah, it is definitely a fun track to race at now. Good racing to be had, especially the modified racing as entries are stronger and healthy.

geerno 03-08-2009 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjm_2008 (Post 271069)
I'd appreciate it if you could refrain from posting about your awesome track, in your awesome country with predictably awesome weather, thank you very much.

:D:D:D:D

You guys have it good, well oOple make it looks that way :thumbsup: The race meets look great, I am going to have to get back to my old homeland soon and hit the UK tracks. I loved the look of that Players event.

And you have the Euros in Spain coming up. So nice to hook up a cheap flight and hit the sun in an awesome city.

geerno 18-08-2009 01:29 PM

The track is starting to groove up, the blue line is appearing. Nice :D

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...kbluelines.jpg

Nehpets 18-08-2009 10:55 PM

Best EP Offroad track in Australia at the moment. :thumbsup:

geerno 20-08-2009 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nehpets (Post 276690)
Best EP Offroad track in Australia at the moment. :thumbsup:

You guys were on fire the other weekend. Good to see you down here. Jared was spot on with the B4 gearing. Sorry, didn't put 2 and 2 together on the day who you were.

Looking forward to coming up Maitland way for the last round of the club series.

If they turn the triple into a quad at St Ives, it will be perfect.

Nehpets 20-08-2009 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geerno (Post 277054)
You guys were on fire the other weekend. Good to see you down here. Jared was spot on with the B4 gearing. Sorry, didn't put 2 and 2 together on the day who you were.

Looking forward to coming up Maitland way for the last round of the club series.

If they turn the triple into a quad at St Ives, it will be perfect.

Thanks Ant, Yeah we were both glad we went down. Not only to drive an a freakin' awesome track but for the extra competition. There was a club day at Maitland that day as well where Me and Jarred would have been the only Mod guys there. And, with our track in it's current condition it would have been lame as.

The Quad! That would be oh so perfect. And after talking to Michael Harlow about the plans for the lights... Man you guys are going to struggle to get rid of me!

Hopefully though, when we put a Bobcat through Maitland before our round and start again we can make something just as good, although after a few 1/8th offroad meets it will be probably undrivable for electric again... :( Should be sweet for our round though.

geerno 20-08-2009 10:35 AM

That's a bummer about the 8th cars tearing up the surface. It seems to be a nice flowing track up there. Insane that you are the only 2 running mod, I can't imagine running a 13.5 or 17.5 along that back straight.... you'd fall asleep.

Keep coming to St Ives, give HM and Ben some competition. Mitch and I have only been running RC for about 5 months, so we are along way off putting real pressure on them consistently.

Nehpets 21-08-2009 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geerno (Post 277149)
That's a bummer about the 8th cars tearing up the surface. It seems to be a nice flowing track up there. Insane that you are the only 2 running mod, I can't imagine running a 13.5 or 17.5 along that back straight.... you'd fall asleep.

Keep coming to St Ives, give HM and Ben some competition. Mitch and I have only been running RC for about 5 months, so we are along way off putting real pressure on them consistently.

Yeah, the layout isn't too bad but it's just been flogged to death. As soon as the council approves the new drivers stand (their own design:wtf:) the new track will go down. Haha, yeah I won't miss driving a stock buggy around that track!

5 months? You guys are doing pretty well I'd say, I've been running mod since the Nationals at Canberra this year - so about 8 months after about a year in stock... So much more fun. MH and Ben will be hard to beat on their home track though, And then throw in the Losi guys from Illawarra for the Club Series round and competition will be tough... Which is good!

Any plans for the quad in time for Round 4? :thumbsup: :woot:

geerno 21-08-2009 11:32 PM

Thanks man, I practically picked up the hobby a month or so before new track was built at St Ives, so learning how to get a car around that certainly steepens the learning curve. Need to start working on the racing lines now that I have some consistency. You guys came through the infield like rockets :lol: I was like "DAMN! I'm just trying to not make any mistakes". good to see.

I don't think the quad will happen by next weekend.

I have been nagging Tom to at least finish the triple with a decent landing, but no joy. They need more clay to add the extra jump. I guess it may happen. I'm going to work on Ben and Michael to see if we can do something.

Nehpets 24-08-2009 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geerno (Post 277663)
Thanks man, I practically picked up the hobby a month or so before new track was built at St Ives, so learning how to get a car around that certainly steepens the learning curve. Need to start working on the racing lines now that I have some consistency. You guys came through the infield like rockets :lol: I was like "DAMN! I'm just trying to not make any mistakes". good to see.

I don't think the quad will happen by next weekend.

I have been nagging Tom to at least finish the triple with a decent landing, but no joy. They need more clay to add the extra jump. I guess it may happen. I'm going to work on Ben and Michael to see if we can do something.

If you think we're quick wait 'till you go to a National title - those guys are quick!

Maitland had a general meeting on last night to discuss the track rebuild, among other things, and they all seemed keen on a big quad jump (Euros style) so fingers crossed! :thumbsup:

Now to design a track...

too twisted 26-08-2009 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geerno (Post 271048)
Hey Jimmy

Here's a shot of the new track layout, it has been revised since the first build. Shots were taken by Thomas, and stitched by Mitch both from St Ives club.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...-club-574.html

Here also is a video by Thomas. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUlWDY3Hc3Q

Can you get bungle to check that front camber before he does any more in car footage...:lol:

geerno 26-08-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nehpets (Post 278541)
If you think we're quick wait 'till you go to a National title - those guys are quick!

Maitland had a general meeting on last night to discuss the track rebuild, among other things, and they all seemed keen on a big quad jump (Euros style) so fingers crossed! :thumbsup:

Now to design a track...

Good luck with the new layout, it's pretty nice to be able to start with a blank page. Quad sounds good. I guess the track will be designed for 8th.

nckmat 12-09-2009 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjm_2008 (Post 271069)

Yes but at least you guys can predict when it is going to rain, for us the only true test as whether or not it is going to rain is to ask yourself "Is it a weekend?" If you answer yes then it is a 50/50 chance it is going to rain.

Small bit of trivia: average annual rainfall in London = 600mm. Average annual rainfall in Sydney = 1200mm. But when it rains here it really rains. Brisbane is surprisingly similar to Sydney, where as Melbourne is about the same London.

So far this year Ryde Club has lost 5 race days to rain and 1 to extreme heat (this wasn't my decision though, it was only 38C, nowhere near too hot!). However we have run at least 5 race days with occassional showers.

So things aren't that perfect here, but I must admit we haven't had to race in snow yet. However, who knows what the climate holds for us in the future!

Nick