oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Schumacher (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   'New' KF? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181995)

bish 30-07-2016 03:11 PM

'New' KF?

1 Attachment(s)
From RCTech. The quest for a KF for dirt...spotted at the Euros. Anyone got any details? Looks like a bolted on mid gearbox!

neallewis 30-07-2016 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bish (Post 953685)
From RCTech. The quest for a KF for dirt...spotted at the Euros. Anyone got any details? Looks like a bolted on mid gearbox!

SV2 parts bin I heard?

AdrianH78 31-07-2016 08:26 AM

On the 'Euro coverage' thread, there is a suggestion that its a TLR mid gearbox by one member?

I think it certainly went well as didn't this one finish 3rd overall? I think a B6 piloted by Neil Cragg finished first, wasn't sure the make of the car that finished 2nd..

In fact if this was a low medium grip race, I bet this will be a replacement KR

One thing with all the Euro coverage, no one got sneaky photos of the cars close up unlike the Worlds :(

bish 31-07-2016 03:24 PM

Yeah, sorry that was me! Someone on RCTech suggested the TLR gearbox and I wondered if it was true. The picture certainly suggests a stand up gearbox. I wondered if there was any word from the UK about any detail.

micholix 31-07-2016 06:42 PM

I could be totaly wrong, but it looks more like a modified and twisted trans upper part from the KR to me!?
If Schumacher does release this car, it would be nice, they keep the easy to reasamble the transmission housing, to get to the diff...

We'll see?:woot:

CARB 01-08-2016 02:36 PM

Seems like it could be a KF-D, it does not look like they have raided the SV2 for the part as the motor is on the other side

micholix 05-08-2016 11:15 AM

Does anyone know, if there are more pics of Michal's, or Perter's car, or from the Euros at all?
I allmost bought an SV2 pro from the german distributor, but luckily did not yet, as i've never been happy with an 4-gear transmission, so will holding off and looking forward, what Schumacher will hopefully bring...:thumbsup:

CARB 21-08-2016 03:34 PM

if there is going to be new dirt car and not just a revamped SV2 as per used at the recent euros, could this mean a new carpet car that does away with the belt system that the KF2 has.
if they went to a new gear transmission this would solve the dirt ingress that the ball diff suffers with, and have less parts and less friction and rotating mass than the belts that has lay shafts double reduction gears belt tensioners and a carbon top deck arrangement to provide a consistent belt tension.

micholix 16-09-2016 09:28 AM

Any news, or rumour from the new car?:drool:

Wolvie 18-10-2016 12:54 PM

The sv2 is no more available...

badger5 21-10-2016 08:00 AM

Looks like a three gear stand up transmission, maybe a KR tranny swapped around, I see a new rear shock tower and mount as well.
It's about time Schuey updated the Cougar, I wonder if they will do a three gear lay down gearbox as well?

micholix 28-10-2016 10:57 AM

Nice would be, instead of an three gear stand up transmission, a belt driven transmission!:thumbsup:

Hope, we'll see soon...

madmax 28-10-2016 06:06 PM

From what Ive been told it is an all new car.

mark christopher 28-10-2016 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmax (Post 959917)
From what Ive been told it is an all new car.

please tell us more!

AntH 29-10-2016 08:09 PM

Will be interesting to see what they come up with. No point in making a clone of the other gear cars. Got to be configurable for all surfaces. Hopefully some sort of interesting belt drive car that allows a more rearwards motor position than KF with still a forward motor position possible too. Maybe the motor will rotate in the other direction in car with the forward mount. Could get rid of the final hangover from the 80s, 25 degree front kick. Moving to 15 degree would be an advantage on high traction, less pitch. Also B6 style arm outer pivot position adjustment, that is quite neat.

If not, how about a 5 gear laydown car that gets the motor even further forward than the current crop of 3 gear laydowns... Anyway, just a bit of armchair engineering!

Bob Barry 03-11-2016 07:01 PM

If you want the car to have more of a piece of the pie over here in the US, you'll want to have a 3 gear, low rotating mass option for all the 17.5 spec guys. In most of the country, 17.5 is equal to mod. That's why you are seeing TLR and AE market cars that way.

And yes I know that the majority if this site's traffic is in EU, but it would be awesome to capture a piece of the North American pie.

Wolvie 05-12-2016 05:24 PM

Any fresh news?

micholix 08-12-2016 06:42 PM

Would be interrested in some news too, but as the indoor season is right now, i'll guess, we just will hear in spring '17 more from this car!?:confused:

CARB 10-12-2016 09:34 PM

After winning R2 both classes in Poland and brilliant results at R1 in Germany with the Current cars, could the new car be a stadium truck as this seems to be a good move for both Europe and the States.

Bob Barry 14-12-2016 09:35 PM

I disagree. Stadium Truck in the US is a niche thing. It'll be popular for a month or two then die off. You want sustainability in the US, build a 17.5 car. You look at all the big indoor tracks over the country and 17.5 outnumbers mod by a 3-1 and 4-1 margin. It's weird. I can tell you that most of the tracks I race at have guys running 17.5 in the mod class. They use the same car for both 17.5 and mod so that they can run 2 classes with only 1 car.