oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   LRP (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   Blast s10 bx (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70027)

markymark6183 09-05-2011 07:02 PM

Blast s10 bx

Hi guys, I currently drive 2wd but looking for a 4wd now, are these lrp blasts any good for club/regional performance or more for bashing down the park? Are they weak or quite stronge and are the parts easily available? Cheers in advance

Mark:confused:

Joe of Loath 09-05-2011 08:25 PM

Go for it. I've got an EZrun 8.5t combo in mine, it's mental fast, handles perfectly and is reasonably strong. Not E-firestorm strong, but strong.

However, get the ARTR and put in your own gear, the stuff it comes with is shocking.

markymark6183 09-05-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe of Loath (Post 499955)
Go for it. I've got an EZrun 8.5t combo in mine, it's mental fast, handles perfectly and is reasonably strong. Not E-firestorm strong, but strong.

However, get the ARTR and put in your own gear, the stuff it comes with is shocking.

Is it quite competitive on against the others on the track and are parts easy to get ?

Jelly 10-05-2011 10:52 PM

I'd highly recommend the S10 bx. I've been using mine for a few months now and am progressing with racing really well with it. Running various different brushless motors. It's very strong in relation to crashing and all that. My local track has pegs holding the tubing down and I've caught the wishbones on them many a time whereas my mate has ripped his clean off at similar speeds.
The only gripe I would mention is that being a ready built car I have had to check every nut and bolt as some have been loose and a couple have threaded from being overtightened!

All in all a really good buggy.

Benh 11-05-2011 12:15 AM

My tips for it are:-
Open the diff, and shim the outdrives.
Do the same for the bearings too.
There may be easier ways but I'm drilling the ends of the prop shaft, cutting a thread and inserting a grub screw in the ends to lock in the pins. They come loose after a few runs.
Take off the front hubs and dremel a small amount away. Improves the cornering. Out of the box it has a turning circle like HMS Belfast.:o
Whilst you have the dremel out. Fashion a couple of bits of plastic that can bolt onto the rear tower that will allow you to drop the inside camber link.
O rings could with a change as they don't hold the shock oil in very well. But who needs oil in their shocks! :lol:

I will say this about the blast. It is a bloody brilliant car to drive out of the box. £90 delivered! It embarrassed a few of it's very expensive cousins at the local club and in two weeks i anticipate it upsetting a few more at the regional :thumbsup:

Hope that helps.

markymark6183 11-05-2011 08:57 AM

Thanks chaps for all the info:thumbsup:

cheapskate 11-05-2011 01:57 PM

are you's using the stock shell on the bx or will other shells fit?

Benh 11-05-2011 08:47 PM

Stock. Looked at putting a MR4-BX one on and D4. But being already cut and painted, there's not enough left on the sides to fix it with velcro.

Freeprawnracing have some clear ones available, if you wanted to get your own colours sprayed?

http://www.freeprawnracing.co.uk/120...bx-120969.html

cheapskate 11-05-2011 08:51 PM

Cheers mate,
Do the shells come with masks for the windows?

Jelly 12-05-2011 12:20 PM

I ordered that clear shell from Freeprawn earlier in the week. I'll let you know when it turns up.

cheapskate 12-05-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelly (Post 501076)
I ordered that clear shell from Freeprawn earlier in the week. I'll let you know when it turns up.

i'll find out soon too mate, ordered one this morning:thumbsup:

cheapskate 13-05-2011 10:33 AM

shell doesnt come with masks for windows:(

Jelly 13-05-2011 06:40 PM

Hmmmm, time to get the vinyl out then :thumbdown:

OneKiwi 02-06-2011 06:28 AM

Ive just seen a pretty good deal for the blask s10, think it may be a good car to get my kids interested as they are RTR brushed

I could then use one to have a go at the track as well

I was then thinking about losi xxxcr shocks
And I have seen CF towers they look good.

How well does it hold up? Is it a tank?

dadtc3 02-06-2011 07:40 AM

lrp blast

Have a 4wd blast rolling chassis im selling at the moment
If any interest pm me
got a few spares as well

Thomas B 07-06-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benh (Post 500867)
MR4-BX one on and D4

Is there any other bodies that fit the Blast?

OneKiwi 07-06-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas B (Post 511945)
Is there any other bodies that fit the Blast?

+1 I just got 2 for the kids real cheap RTR brushed, now I can have my xxxcr back, well 1 is really for me to test out

Are there setups somewhere or is there not a lot of support for these?

OneKiwi 07-06-2011 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benh (Post 500515)
My tips for it are:-
Open the diff, and shim the outdrives. what shims
Do the same for the bearings too.what shims or do you mean swap out bearings?

There may be easier ways but I'm drilling the ends of the prop shaft, cutting a thread and inserting a grub screw in the ends to lock in the pins. They come loose after a few runs. pics ??

Take off the front hubs and dremel a small amount away. pics ??

Whilst you have the dremel out.

Fashion a couple of bits of plastic that can bolt onto the rear tower that will allow you to drop the inside camber link....pics ??

O rings could with a change... What should it be swapped out with

Hope that helps.

Could you get up some pics please

whizzy 22-07-2011 10:26 PM

yes could we see some pics and part numbers etc iand what esc/motor you are using