oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electrics (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   hesitation (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159880)

tdach 18-11-2014 12:53 PM

hesitation

Hi
I've got a 13.5 thunder power motor connected to a hobbywing 1s esc.
Halfway through a heat it started hesitating on the throttle. On the bench when I apply full throttle it runs at half rpm for half a second then steps up to full.
It still drives, and if I can keep the car rolling I don't even notice but coming out of tight hairpins or if I stop for any reason I get this hesitation.

I tried a different sensor cable in case it was that. Tried a different battery in case it was a voltage isue and I've been over all my soldered joints and can't see anything obvious.

If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate some help?

Stringerhot 18-11-2014 01:27 PM

Have you tryed looking into your speedo settings ?turbo

tdach 18-11-2014 02:04 PM

It's in blinky for GT12. I was thinking about hooking it up to the laptop and completely resetting it?

i4n 18-11-2014 02:08 PM

Try writing the firmware to the speedo again. I've had something similar to this on one of mine and that cured it (I now always write it twice if I change it from mod to stock and back again as we used to do with the first versions of the Hobbywing speedo).

mattr 18-11-2014 03:00 PM

Or check the sensor board.

(Does your speedo light up with a fault indication if the sensor isn't working? I know a couple of mine do)

tdach 18-11-2014 08:44 PM

I've just tried resetting the firmware, it's made no difference.

With the sensor cable plugged in both the green and red led's flash with the throttle in neutral. Without the sensor cable just the red one flashes. The motor responds exactly the same regardless of the sensor cable.

Am I looking for anything specific on the sensor board or just general damage?

discothesnake 18-11-2014 09:26 PM

When it comes to sensor boards it could be either the motor or the speedo. Try a different motor first. That way you'll know if it's that or the speedo.

It's a process of elimination I'm afraid.

Good luck

tdach 19-11-2014 12:54 PM

Ok thanks, I'll strip the motor out of my buggy to try this evening.

I had a quick look inside both the speedo and motor last night and couldn't see anything obviously untoward in either.

tcboy1983 19-11-2014 06:30 PM

Have u tried a sensor cable

tdach 19-11-2014 06:53 PM

Yep sensor cable was the first thing I tried.

Thanks for the replies guys, after a few minutes playing with every possible combination of 2 motors, esc's and sensor cables. The esc is fine. The motor is behaving in the same way as the other motor does when I don't plug the sensor cable in to either esc. The motor from my buggy spins up instantly with either esc as long as the sensor is plugged in.

So I'm going with sensor board in the motor.

Any suggestions on where to get a replacement before the weekend?
Or if I can't will I cause any damage running them as sensorless for 1 meeting?