oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vintage RC (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Kyosho Scorpion re-release - Shizuoka Show (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149209)

percymon 14-04-2014 08:19 AM

Kyosho Scorpion re-release - Shizuoka Show

Finally Kyoshso gets on the re-re bandwagon...

http://www.rc-news.de/04/2014/coming...on-re-release/

Gayo 14-04-2014 08:25 AM

Wow! Awesome :thumbsup:

OptimaFan 15-04-2014 07:53 PM

About time, let's hope it's the start of more to come.

ralphee 16-04-2014 07:02 AM

Kyosho seem to have made a post on FB, at least i think it is, unless its a fan page, but i reckon we will see the Mid return at least, which is great news, never was a big fan, but, i could be converted!

lee

j0pp3 16-04-2014 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ralphee (Post 852178)
Kyosho seem to have made a post on FB, at least i think it is, unless its a fan page, but i reckon we will see the Mid return at least, which is great news, never was a big fan, but, i could be converted!

lee

No need to go that far off to find good sources. Just check out their own website ;)

OptimaFan 17-04-2014 09:21 PM

Can you give a direct link to the Kyosho site where a re-re of the Mid is announced?

Hope they will make it fully belt drive, like the Lazer ZX-R, so the re-re will not suffer from the wearing out of the rear diff gear teeth and idler gear as the original Mid had. I think that is the Mid's weakest spot.

Gayo 17-04-2014 09:33 PM

I have not seen any mention of a re-re Mid, although I'd like to.

OptimaFan 17-04-2014 10:30 PM

Yeah, I misinterpreted the word "reckon" as being sure, but I understand it's still speculation and so far only the Scorpion is confirmed.

oli4ke 18-04-2014 03:27 PM

Gentlemen,

Kyosho will never re-release many vintage models due to the fact that many moulds are missing or heavily damaged :thumbdown: Hopefully they can recover some of them!! :bored:

And yes, this info is from an insider.....:p

ralphee 18-04-2014 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oli4ke (Post 852673)
Gentlemen,

Kyosho will never re-release many vintage models due to the fact that many molds are missing or heavily damaged :thumbdown: Hopefully they can recover some of them!! :bored:

And yes, this info is from an insider.....:p

So just spitballing, these moulds and tooling can be easily redone, never say never i say, just look at Yokomo, even Tamiya, seems many of there parts are retools, even in static models, if Kyosho want to, they will, all depends on there market needs!

lee

oli4ke 19-04-2014 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ralphee (Post 852677)
So just spitballing, these moulds and tooling can be easily redone, never say never i say, just look at Yokomo, even Tamiya, seems many of there parts are retools, even in static models, if Kyosho want to, they will, all depends on there market needs!

lee

Fingers crossed!:bored:

ralphee 19-04-2014 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oli4ke (Post 852742)
Fingers crossed!:bored:

Absolutely, never been a fan, but id actually relish a re re of these cars, and remember, there were nay sayers way back when the Avante was rumoured, so lets keep them all crossed lol.

lee

Si Coe 19-04-2014 08:03 AM

Associated always said they wouldn't re-re the RC10 because several key molds no longer existed, but not only did they do that, but then promptly re-re'd the worlds version with a load of different plastic parts.

Another way to look at this is that there are companies out in China that take a car and produce a complete knock-off. If its a viable concept for them to duplicate parts it should be easy enough for the original manufacturer to do the same.

Crashtest33 19-04-2014 08:07 AM

I thought Craig Drescher said the only missing mould was the chassis? No?

DanB4 19-04-2014 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crashtest33 (Post 852752)

Correct- Cliff Lett said the same to me at RCX, had a good long chat with him, great guy

OptimaFan 20-04-2014 04:59 PM

I think that no one inside Kyosho is going to confirm rumors and just deny everything until an official statement has been made, as this is standard policy with many companies.

The molds gone missing/damaged is hardly a reason, as mentioned by others, replicating parts has never been as easy as today. If the molds are CNC, it's an option the CAD files are still there, these don't get eaten by age. Plus other companies that mentioned having the same issues about the molds when asked if they would ever do a re-re of their classic cars, suddenly were able to do even more than one re-re.

regstar123 20-04-2014 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optima4Ever (Post 852919)
I think that no one inside Kyosho is going to confirm rumors and just deny everything until an official statement has been made, as this is standard policy with many companies.

The molds gone missing/damaged is hardly a reason, as mentioned by others, replicating parts has never been as easy as today. If the molds are CNC, it's an option the CAD files are still there, these don't get eaten by age. Plus other companies that mentioned having the same issues about the molds when asked if they would ever do a re-re of their classic cars, suddenly were able to do even more than one re-re.

It also only takes minutes for some skilled in CAD to recreate a part/s if they have one in front of them. Heck, they could even just do a 3D scan of the part!

HKS_TRD 21-04-2014 03:26 AM

I imagine just like the other models the moulds for the Scorpion were also lost so had to be recreated
If that is the case then I think its a safe assumption that if they can recreate them for the Scorpion they can and will do it for other models too

terry.sc 21-04-2014 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crashtest33 (Post 852752)

Doesn't matter if they have the old moulds or not, they wouldn't fit in the Thunder Tiger moulding machines anyway. They have all been remade, as shown by the changes in most of the parts so it should be easy to spot original and rerelease parts. The moulds had been updated over the years so they had to be remade to go back to the original design of the parts.

The designers even had to borrow an original car to ensure the new parts will fit on the old chassis.

Gibopel 22-04-2014 08:02 PM

Details on red rc now up new shox slipper gears etc