oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Schumacher (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Cougar Laydown - Alloy servo catching. (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204880)

Spils77 12-09-2019 11:41 AM

Cougar Laydown - Alloy servo catching.

Hi All, Just a quick post to see if anyone else has experianced an issue with the alloy Core Rc servo horn (CR192) catching the underside of the front bulkhead?

I used the car last night and lost steering when turning left. At first I thought the servo had failed so I changed the servo and the same thing happened. On closer inspection I noticed the servo horn clamp screw catching and sticking on the bulkhead. Everything is straight on the car regarding chassis etc and the fault happens when using either a 1251mg or 1258tg Savox servo. The servo is fitted without the need of spacers so unable to adjust servo position :confused:

In the end i fitted the plastic kit servo horn which gave me plenty of clearance.

Any help regarding this issue would be very much appreciated.

Al3xis007 13-09-2019 06:41 AM

yes, it depends on your servo offset, have you tried loosening the 4 servo screws off to move the servo away/down? you can always file the screw head too

mark christopher 13-09-2019 06:46 AM

I run 1258 and no problems, move servo in mounting holes?

andy-aj 13-09-2019 08:36 AM

I've had this issue. As has already been said, loosen the 4 screws holding the servo, then lower the servo and tighten the screws. The bottom of the servo arm will now probably catch the edge of the lower bulkhead, so about 1mm will need to be taken off the end of the servo arm.

Spils77 13-09-2019 09:32 AM

Stripped the front of the car last night and managed to fit the low profile 1251mg servo with the alloy servo horn and magaged to gain some clearance from the top bulk head so this will be fine, but when I try and use the 1258 I have no chance not matter how I try to position the servo. Double checked the part number I have against the exploded view parts sheet and it is the correct part number for the servo horn. This is a pain as I want to fit the 1258 as it is a more durable servo. May have to stick with the plastic horn when using the 1258 :yawn:

androo 13-09-2019 09:45 AM

I’ve had the same issue and just put a chamfer on the servo horn so it gives enough clearance on the underside of the bulkhead

Kevg57 13-09-2019 10:02 AM

I have the 1258tg in my KC with the Core RC arm and no binding, in fact I get more clearance with this setup than I did with the stock arm.

Spils77 14-09-2019 01:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just taken this photo showing the clearance I have using the standard servo arm with the 1258 Savox servo and no spacers.

Ross 14-09-2019 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spils77 (Post 1005798)
Just taken this photo showing the clearance I have using the standard servo arm with the 1258 Savox servo and no spacers.

As said above, drop the servo down on the 4 screws.

Looking at the picture above the screws are in the middle of the servo mounting holes. You should have enough room to lower it so the screw doesn't catch. Or file the corner of the screw off.