oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tamiya (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Tamiya's TRF501X Buggy on production! Soon (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1228)

Captain Harlock 09-10-2006 02:00 AM

Tamiya's TRF501X Buggy on production! Soon

If you go to the american web of Tamiya, you'll find that they've already listed the buggy within the wide list of mid level buggies. No info on release date, yet.
I hope it'll be very soon.

jimmy 12-10-2006 10:27 AM

Tamiya TRF501X will be in shops 1st December - bit of a surprise since a final version still hasn't been shown! (losi wheels, bj4 parts etc - surely not going to feature on the final car?????)

PaulRotheram 12-10-2006 11:06 AM

Aye, seems abit early for release.. surely they cant get new parts machined and moulded this early? :confused:

jimmy 12-10-2006 11:10 AM

The cars they ran a few weeks ago, at the worlds warmup, were using lots of parts from other manufacturers.. so, it would be amazing to see it come out so soon with their own parts.. Surely can't leave much room for testing the new parts can it ?
:confused:

Southwell 12-10-2006 11:11 AM

Tamiya have a lot of resources i would bet, they could prob develop the parts and chuck out the kits faster than most manufacturers.

jimmy 12-10-2006 11:15 AM

For such a large brand, they surely deserve a better (UK) importer. They don't even have a website for goodness sake.:flower:

Southwell 12-10-2006 11:21 AM

o0ple importers LTD? :bom:

jimmy 12-10-2006 11:28 AM

hey theres an idea! :p

DCM 12-10-2006 01:08 PM

they do have a website, but you have to be a trader to get into it.

Tamiya are looking at pricing and release dates at the moment, already they have changed to 'global release' not, this is when it comes out the factory. But te UK distributor just isn't interested in anything but the RTR and budget cars.

jimmy 12-10-2006 01:09 PM

I'm not sure when its released, but it will be in the shops 1st december.. thats what the shops have been told anyhow.

I emailed Tamiya UK (hobbyco) today, to ask about the car and whether they would be bringing it in. I will see what they have to say.

DCM 12-10-2006 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy (Post 13187)
I'm not sure when its released, but it will be in the shops 1st december.. thats what the shops have been told anyhow.

I emailed Tamiya UK (hobbyco) today, to ask about the car and whether they would be bringing it in. I will see what they have to say.

They do know about it, just got to speak to the right person

jimmy 12-10-2006 01:18 PM

"pete", I got his email address off the tamiya eurocup site. I just wanted an official word, if they had one. I won't be asking them for a "review copy" or anything silly like that.:p

PaulRotheram 12-10-2006 02:41 PM

There's nowt silly about review cars :p

jimmy 12-10-2006 02:49 PM

very true! :p I should have it just after release. all being well.

Rob Fitzgerald 12-10-2006 02:58 PM

So when are you doing it then Jimmy ?

www.greytamiya.co.uk ?

jimmy 12-10-2006 03:18 PM

I'm getting it from Japan. And will review it as soon as I get it, early december all being well.

I always try to support UK importers and you'll not see mention of where the review car was obtained if I bought it. So the 501x will come from the same place the ZX5 and Tamiya Mini Frog came from, both obtained long before the UK importers had them and after trying, and failing, to get some help to review these cars.:)
(its the only way I can review the cars as an individual)

PaulRotheram 12-10-2006 03:25 PM

Should'nt matter where it comes from.. the companys should be thanking Jimmy for taking the effort to review their cars. Jimmys review alone kicked started the ZX5 craze, and makes people decide which car they wish to choose as shown by comments on the forum, and billions of fan mails :p

jimmy 12-10-2006 03:36 PM

nah, they can ignore me if they want, to be honest I don't mind anymore. I never expect help.

DCM 12-10-2006 03:42 PM

the problem with reveiws, is companies expect at least a neutral reveiw, preferably a positive one, and they don't like faults/issue's being aired on a public test.

Hobby Co aren't the best out there, but then RC is a small section of their market, and have, to an extent, ignored it due to the amount that is sources overseas. With the new pricing structure filtering down, kits will be cheaper here in the UK allowing shops to be more competitive.

Nick Goodall 12-10-2006 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy (Post 13223)
I'm getting it from Japan. And will review it as soon as I get it, early december all being well.

I always try to support UK importers and you'll not see mention of where the review car was obtained if I bought it. So the 501x will come from the same place the ZX5 and Tamiya Mini Frog came from, both obtained long before the UK importers had them and after trying, and failing, to get some help to review these cars.:)
(its the only way I can review the cars as an individual)

I agree with Paul, especially as nobody's being particularly forth-coming with offering help - why worry about saying where you got it from?

Name and shame lol :D