oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Race Chat (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Which 2WD Buggy? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149176)

Will's 13-04-2014 06:18 PM

Which 2WD Buggy?

Which 2WD Buggy? simple question which of the following and why? Running on Carpet most of the time.

Schumacher KF

Losi 22 2.0

Kyosho RB6

Associated RC10B4.2

deano43 13-04-2014 06:31 PM

Have you considered the following as well associated B5 M / xray xb4-2wd / yokomo latest 2wd ( carnt remember the exact name ) all very good cars and strong from what I've seen

charlesk 13-04-2014 06:48 PM

If it's carpet you're going to run on then a car designed for high grip is best.
In no particular order these are the 2wd buggys that spring to mind for that:
TM2
KF
Xb4-2wd
Db1
Db2
X6s
Any of those will work very well on carpet and dry astro.

If things become looser (wet astro, non high grip astro, cork floor, etc) traditional mid motor buggys have a traction advantage (ie rb6, b5m etc)
When things are properly slippy then it's the territory of rear motor (b4, kr, b5 etc)

36racing 13-04-2014 07:15 PM

My personal opinion would be the Schumacher KF.
Mainly because it is perfect for the carpet surfaces you were talking about (Because thats what its made for)... I found today that all I had to do on the astro was adjust my ride hight slightly and change my tyres! When its in the wet however its a little bit of a different story, you will probably want the ball diff, with the alu block on the rear so you can run the shocks on the back and make sure you have plenty of weight back there. So if you do get it and say if you run a shorty, run it right at the back maybe even with a little bit of added weight. In my opinion I wouldnt bother with the low-grip chassis, even though you can run either configuration.
Overall I reckon the KF would be the best for what you want it for.
Hopefully this helps.

Lee1972 13-04-2014 07:28 PM

For me it's the Xray like the KF great for carpet and dry astro and really good quality and a solid car which can take some big knocks.

Will's 13-04-2014 08:28 PM

Thanks everybody so far, I currently have the KF and have always been a Schumacher kinda person but just fancy something different.

NeilD 13-04-2014 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will's (Post 851688)
Thanks everybody so far, I currently have the KF and have always been a Schumacher kinda person but just fancy something different.

B5M, great quality, durability and very easy to drive fast.

Clarkie 13-04-2014 10:38 PM

Maybe a Durango... Borrowed one today after breaking my cobra and was happily surprised by the result... Just another option

johnboy 13-04-2014 10:47 PM

I throwing the serpent Spyder in here. Great car super quality and drives really well

brooksy 14-04-2014 05:13 AM

TM2 v1 without any hesitation!......if you can get hold of one!:thumbsup:

J77MYF 14-04-2014 06:18 AM

I'm really happy with my B5M. It worked for me right from the start and it's super tough!

deano43 14-04-2014 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee1972 (Post 851673)
For me it's the Xray like the KF great for carpet and dry astro and really good quality and a solid car which can take some big knocks.

I have to agree with lee1972 the xray is super tough very easy to build and maintain and very quick on high grip surfaces with no upgrades needed as I have one and the quality is excellent but the B5M does look very good also I've seen a couple at my local club but for me the xray ticks all the boxes

Will's 14-04-2014 09:01 AM

Whats peoples general thoughts on the Losi 22 2.0? I do like the look of it on paper.

deano43 14-04-2014 11:20 AM

Very strong car but I didn't find it the easiest to work on and struggled finding a consistent set-up same with the rb6 too

Jamesk 14-04-2014 05:55 PM

If you want to be a little different I have the latest 201xm, which has impressed me in all aspects of handling,steering, and acceleration. The way it jumps and lands is a by far the biggest improvement. With the new worlds version out soon this is going to be one of the best 2wd's around!

Jk

Al3xis007 14-04-2014 06:19 PM

For me it would be tm2 or xray (ignoring the kf because you have one already)

Neil Skull 15-04-2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will's (Post 851653)
Which 2WD Buggy? simple question which of the following and why? Running on Carpet most of the time.

Schumacher KF

Losi 22 2.0

Kyosho RB6

Associated RC10B4.2

The RB6 is the quickest car on Carpet in our Area.

Jamie B4 15-04-2014 01:39 PM

From the list:the RB6 is a good all rounder but what are other people or better drivers running.

RB6 quite expensive as are hotups and spares

Also look at starting set ups from top guys running at your events

Would of said that the new schumacher is quite hard to beat on high grip carpet!!

AmiSMB 16-04-2014 08:25 AM

I loved my Durango 210 and decided to make a change as I had been running one since 2010 and have gone over to a TM2 V1. I also then got the TM2 V2 which I find is really good and better than the V1 plus I really do like to be able to adjust the anti squat and rear toe easily. For damp or wet conditions I found a cheap x2 pro kit on eBay for £30 and stuck the big bores from my TM2 V1 on it and it is the best car I have every had in the wet. I have not tried an RB6 so could not comment on how they drive but I have to say I am very pleased with my choice.

Chris-S 16-04-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie B4 (Post 852059)
From the list:the RB6 is a good all rounder but what are other people or better drivers running.

RB6 quite expensive as are hotups and spares

Also look at starting set ups from top guys running at your events

Would of said that the new schumacher is quite hard to beat on high grip carpet!!

RB6 and B5M are better all round cars and will cope well in all conditions, unlike the forward motor cars (tm2, x6s, kf, xb4 2wd) which are going to struggle in lower grip conditions. The added bonus is the RB6 can be run rear motor, as all the bits are included in the kit!

Yes the RB6 has a higher price than say the B5m. But you are getting a full carbide ball'd diff, a set of very good shocks (best on the market IMO). Does it need any upgrades? Steering rack is the only one it really needs, some people are still running the plastic one!

Is the price of parts high? Maybe, dont seem to be replacing many parts, in 18months its had a set of outdrives and driveshafts.