oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRCA 1/10th OFF ROAD - 2011 (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   BBK Software at Nats ? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67441)

Rich D 05-04-2011 09:17 PM

BBK Software at Nats ?

Do you guys know whether its worth bringing our laptops for wifi results as per Worksop/Players at the Nationals ?

Cheers

stuartw 06-04-2011 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich D (Post 486438)
Do you guys know whether its worth bringing our laptops for wifi results as per Worksop/Players at the Nationals ?

Cheers

Yes. We broadcast at every event, although sometimes the signal is not that good.

Rich D 06-04-2011 08:53 PM

Cheers Stuart :)

chrispattinson 12-04-2011 08:57 AM

Can I download the required BBK software from somewhere? Thanks.

Southwell 12-04-2011 09:00 AM

When you connect to the wireless at the track there is a link to go to through your browser. http://brca2009 or something like that.

chrispattinson 12-04-2011 09:14 AM

Thanks Southwell

Big G 12-04-2011 10:56 AM

now if they could make a nice iphone app we'd all be happy :D

Shaun 'TheSheep' Atkinson 12-04-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big G (Post 489057)
now if they could make a nice iphone app we'd all be happy :D

There is an iphone app for BBK

Teddy truman 12-04-2011 11:14 AM

only works when results being broadcast on internet tho..

Big G 12-04-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teddy truman (Post 489072)
only works when results being broadcast on internet tho..

what he said :)

MatJohnson 12-04-2011 12:33 PM

Anyone know how they are transmitted or have the structure of the packets sent?

Rich D 19-04-2011 09:35 PM

I had a decent WiFi signal at Stotfold for about 2 hours then it would drop my connection. The "default" available network would still show as available with a decent signal strength showing on my "available wireless networks" but my pc wouldnt connect back again.

Tried the usual reboot, refresh networks, disable the adaptor, then re enable it. Nothing worked.

The same thing happened on Sunday too although by the end of the day i managed to get back onto the network. Maybe something needs tweaking on the wireless router config ?

Did anyone else have this problem or is it just me ?

Cheers

chrispattinson 19-04-2011 09:43 PM

Rich, I had exactly the same experience as you, Saturday and Sunday.

reelman_fishing 19-04-2011 10:27 PM

WiFi signal at Stotfold

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich D (Post 492363)
I had a decent WiFi signal at Stotfold for about 2 hours then it would drop my connection. The "default" available network would still show as available with a decent signal strength showing on my "available wireless networks" but my pc wouldnt connect back again.

Tried the usual reboot, refresh networks, disable the adaptor, then re enable it. Nothing worked.

The same thing happened on Sunday too although by the end of the day i managed to get back onto the network. Maybe something needs tweaking on the wireless router config ?

Did anyone else have this problem or is it just me ?

Cheers

NO we had the same problem aswell :(:(

blue_pinky 20-04-2011 07:48 AM

Same with us...seemingly random intermittant connection to the BBK software.

TheReferee 20-04-2011 08:02 AM

at stotfold we used the usual BRCA router, we also plugged into the stotfold system, which gave us two broadcast signals, it would be useful to know if you knew which router you were linked to and did you have connection problems on one or both. we are aware of the issues reference the connection, the simple solution would be to buy a new router, however if the issue is more complex than a simple change of equipment we don't want to waste money on an item of equipment that does not solve the problem.

john

Southwell 20-04-2011 11:13 AM

Im certain it's a loading issue as i had the same issues last year. First thing i always got on, then kept getting kicked off later on. Depending how many people join the wireless it may be more of an advantage to have multiple access points on different channels, then people will have a scope of ones to join? You could broadcast one SSID on channels 1/6/11, then people will get the connection with the strongest signal.

What equipment is used at the moment? I 'may' have some Cisco ones available but will need setting up via the console.

TheReferee 20-04-2011 11:34 AM

you will need to speak to Whyman senior on the hardware front

MatJohnson 20-04-2011 12:05 PM

WiFi is a degrading signal, you have 54mb of shared bandwidth, the more connect, the less there is to go around. It would be best to add access points or repeaters to increase coverage.

njc11 20-04-2011 01:47 PM

I had the same issue last year, would get on... then get kicked off :(

At Stotfold.. didnt even connect.. when i refreshed available networks BRCA B never showed :( admitadley we were further down the field..but i wouldnt have thought that would be an issue??

I hope something can be sorted for the next and future nationals as its so handy to keep a track on the days events.

:thumbsup: