oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   1/10th OFF ROAD (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   YZ2 OR KF 2 ??? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162895)

FLINDERSMAN 29-01-2015 05:03 PM

YZ2 OR KF 2 ???

Cant decide which one to buy.was all set to buy the yokomo, now schmacher bring there new version out.any experts out there with any advice please

Ashlandchris 29-01-2015 05:36 PM

I don't have either (but am a Yoke kind of chap) - I note that Tom Cockerill (the long term Schuey team driver) has switched to Yoke for the YZ2. He would undoubtedly have had the chance to try both I'd suspect...

brooksy 29-01-2015 05:36 PM

TeamC TM2v2:thumbsup:

Danny Harrison 29-01-2015 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLINDERSMAN (Post 897556)
Cant decide which one to buy.was all set to buy the yokomo, now schmacher bring there new version out.any experts out there with any advice please

My yoke was awesome at worksop. The KF looks awesome too. Pick the one you like the look of imo :)

NeilRalph77 29-01-2015 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Harrison (Post 897575)
My yoke was awesome at worksop. The KF looks awesome too. Pick the one you like the look of imo :)

And yet the meeting was won by neither:p

Danny Harrison 29-01-2015 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilRalph77 (Post 897580)
And yet the meeting was won by neither:p

It was won by a highly modified b5m diven by an ex world champ. Custom chassis, gearbox, battery lay out and more. Yz2 was almost box stock bar titanium screws and turnbuckles. Ner ner :thumbsup:

jimmy 29-01-2015 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashlandchris (Post 897571)
I don't have either (but am a Yoke kind of chap) - I note that Tom Cockerill (the long term Schuey team driver) has switched to Yoke for the YZ2. He would undoubtedly have had the chance to try both I'd suspect...

Doubt Tom switched for any other reason than he wanted a change and he's mates with Lee. I think Tom would admit working in the industry and racing semi-pro was a big weight on his shoulders - you can't avoid all the Schumy fans approaching you asking questions and it effected his racing.

cmgreen 29-01-2015 06:46 PM

We all bang on about how much stuff is made in China so keep it britsh :thumbsup: schumacher all the way:)

neallewis 29-01-2015 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmgreen (Post 897589)
We all bang on about how much stuff is made in China so keep it britsh :thumbsup: schumacher all the way:)

erm Schumacher make and cut their own fibre parts, Cecil designed the machinery, but the bulk of the alloy machined parts are designed in Britain, but sent to China to be machined and finished.

cmgreen 29-01-2015 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neallewis (Post 897598)
erm Schumacher make and cut their own fibre parts, Cecil designed the machinery, but the bulk of the alloy machined parts are designed in Britain, but sent to China to be machined and finished.

Still a British designed and made car tho...........

Ross 29-01-2015 11:04 PM

I would give it at least 5-6 weeks to see how the normal racers get on with both cars:thumbsup:

neallewis 30-01-2015 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmgreen (Post 897604)
Still a British designed and made car tho...........

well that's me told :p

NeilRalph77 30-01-2015 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Harrison (Post 897582)
It was won by a highly modified b5m diven by an ex world champ. Custom chassis, gearbox, battery lay out and more.

You mean the B5M lite then?

J77MYF 30-01-2015 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Harrison (Post 897582)
It was won by a highly modified b5m diven by an ex world champ. Custom chassis, gearbox, battery lay out and more

It was impressive watching how much work his dad (I presume) was putting in. That car looked to undergo major surgery after each outing. With a top driver and a good spanner man it does seem possible to polish a turd!

keyesgood 30-01-2015 08:44 AM

hi, all

im a yokomo fan but not driven the yz2 yet . but dont like gear diffs at all.

they make the motor hot . and make the buggy to heavy . i was thinking of getting a yz2 in the future .

just seen the factory lite b5m kit . on neobuggy . today .

its got a ball diff .

but if any one buys the yz2 . i think they have to outlay for a ball diff . there way lighter and more tuneable if you ask me.

some times on very hign bite clay you would need may be a gear diff in a 2wd mid .

my 2cents

Danny Harrison 30-01-2015 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J77MYF (Post 897642)
It was impressive watching how much work his dad (I presume) was putting in. That car looked to undergo major surgery after each outing. With a top driver and a good spanner man it does seem possible to polish a turd!

Pmsl. Atleast the b5m owners can see a light at the end of the tunnel though. Just need to convert or buy another revision.

On topic, the ball diff did drive very well, but then so did the gear diff in the bmax2. I wouldnt write it off due to the weight though. Its not a lot different, and all the cars I saw (including my own) were running added weight throughout the car, including under the gearbox.

neallewis 30-01-2015 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilRalph77 (Post 897638)
You mean the B5M lite then?

No he doesn't. had the same gearbox though.
lets face it, the b5m lite isn't going to win a worlds. it's a lightened car for 17.5 spec racing on US dirt tracks.