oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bury Metro (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Indoor racing over the Winter. (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13867)

woOdy 09-09-2008 12:11 PM

Indoor racing over the Winter.

I think we have found a venue for racing inside over the Winter. Great location, near the motoway and a big track size. Another room for pitting in with power. I am going to book this, so all I need is how many hours do you want to race? It is going to be maybe once a month unless you want more and also around the dates of Worksop and Batley. It is going to be Sundays so I need to know how many hours you want to race for? We can have it all day if you want, just let me know and I will book it.:thumbsup:

_sleigh_ 09-09-2008 12:23 PM

Hey Stu, I know you're probably aiming this at your regular club members, but when you get firm details for the meetings let me know as I'd be interested. :thumbsup:

woOdy 09-09-2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _sleigh_ (Post 157796)
Hey Stu, I know you're probably aiming this at your regular club members, but when you get firm details for the meetings let me know as I'd be interested. :thumbsup:

Thanks mate. I will defo let you know.

bigred5765 09-09-2008 12:45 PM

us to stu, let us know mattys well up for that
sorry we couldnt make the meeting last week wife had to work,

MikePimlott 09-09-2008 01:01 PM

Stu,

When weve been to Batley i think they have had the sports hall from 10 till 4.30 ? (may need to be confirmed)
This has been enough time to set out track race 4 heats and finals and put track away.

The race controller 09-09-2008 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woOdy (Post 157787)
I think we have found a venue for racing inside over the Winter. Great location, near the motoway and a big track size. Another room for pitting in with power. I am going to book this, so all I need is how many hours do you want to race? It is going to be maybe once a month unless you want more and also around the dates of Worksop and Batley. It is going to be Sundays so I need to know how many hours you want to race for? We can have it all day if you want, just let me know and I will book it.:thumbsup:

Anybody got contacts for "racing surface" ???
Carpet, Canvas Sheet, or how about 2nd hand indoor bowling mat.

Jonesy 09-09-2008 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _sleigh_ (Post 157796)

I will also be interested Stu, drop us the details later on!

matdodd 09-09-2008 08:24 PM

Let me know to Stu please :)

Jamie B4 09-09-2008 08:24 PM

racing

Let me know aswell stu, if I can make it I will:thumbsup:

Jonathan 09-09-2008 08:27 PM

Liking the sound of this a lot. :thumbsup:

DaveG28 09-09-2008 08:36 PM

Count me in too!

Mossy 09-09-2008 08:54 PM

U know ill be there dude work permittin, like i said Sunday.

terry.sc 09-09-2008 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The race controller (Post 157948)
Anybody got contacts for "racing surface" ???

Can't help with any second hand stuff, but the carpet most clubs use (and it's designed specifically for r/c cars) is Primatrack GT, from Vaughans of Leicester Worked out about £4 per square metre last time I contacted them. A cheaper alternative is their Prima Duo carpet, thinner, so easier to lift but doesn't last for years like the good stuff, works out about a quarter of the price.

Jez 09-09-2008 09:45 PM

bummer,just thrown 3 rolls of carpet in skip.never mind.theres a place near me that does contract carpets,can make enquiries if you want.wifes dad made some small jumps/ramps for us,seeing as hes retired im sure he would make you some up.about 5ft wide ok?or let me know.more than happy to help you stu.put me down for racing.think vinny coming too.can you make provisions for 1/12th scale?whats the deal with trackside support?you got anyone in mind?catcha later mate.cant wait to race at bury.many thanks jez.:thumbsup:

vinny20 09-09-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jez (Post 158065)
bummer,just thrown 3 rolls of carpet in skip.never mind.theres a place near me that does contract carpets,can make enquiries if you want.wifes dad made some small jumps/ramps for us,seeing as hes retired im sure he would make you some up.about 5ft wide ok?or let me know.more than happy to help you stu.put me down for racing.think vinny coming too.can you make provisions for 1/12th scale?whats the deal with trackside support?you got anyone in mind?catcha later mate.cant wait to race at bury.many thanks jez.:thumbsup:

have u checked your pm's jez

Col 09-09-2008 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigred5765 (Post 157804)
us to stu, let us know mattys well up for that
sorry we couldnt make the meeting last week wife had to work,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonesy (Post 158021)
I will also be interested Stu, drop us the details later on!

Quote:

Originally Posted by matdodd (Post 158025)
Let me know to Stu please :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie B4 (Post 158026)
Let me know aswell stu, if I can make it I will:thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan (Post 158027)
Liking the sound of this a lot. :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveG28 (Post 158029)
Count me in too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mossy (Post 158036)
U know ill be there dude work permittin, like i said Sunday.

I believe the question was How many hours do you want it for!!!!

_sleigh_ 09-09-2008 10:01 PM

I suspect that without all those people you quoted showing interest, then you and Stu will only need the hall for about an hour for the two of you to race in. :p

Col 09-09-2008 10:03 PM

I really should keep my nose out - I live in York and don't race at Bury (unfortunatley!)
Still, the question remains unanswered.

_sleigh_ 09-09-2008 10:09 PM

Well, to kinda answer Woody's question.

I'd think the hours required are proporational to the number of racers on the day. So to get an idea of the likely number of drivers should help, but for the first couple of meetings I'd probably go for 10:00-16:00. It gives a relaxed start time and the entry numbers can always be limited if it becomes popular.

BTW Col, I was only pulling your leg, as I started the "I'm interested replies"

The race controller 10-09-2008 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jez (Post 158065)

Thanks Jez, Stu bought me a super saw for my 60th and I made the portable/adjustable jump down at the GOSHEN. That one is OK isn't it?
But any Ideas you have regarding the shape of jumps would be welcome.