oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bury Metro (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Track Changes (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9176)

The race controller 16-03-2008 05:46 PM

Track Changes

Do you want track changes at Bury ?
If you do, take a look at the map of the track on www.bmrcc.talktalk.net
-following the "Track" on the home page.(click on the map for the BIG picture)
The features are numbered so we will know what you're talking about.
Then don't just talk about them here, e-mail us at bmrc (at) talktalk.net

woOdy 19-03-2008 08:38 PM

What about a brand NEW track? Would anyone like that?

super__dan 19-03-2008 08:54 PM

Personally the current (not been there since last summer) track is my favourite in the UK and I don't think there's anything I'd change, I certainly don't think there would be a lot of 'value' in changing anything.

New track becasue you want to or have to? If so then almost same again please, the only think I'd change from new is the paving section takes up a lot of room for nothing as I think when we start finals on there on club days it becomes more of a lottery.

bigred5765 19-03-2008 08:55 PM

just bigger jumps all round

ben 19-03-2008 08:59 PM

Huge american style jumps please. That would be perfect. Like the double that is in the top left hand corner when looking from the rostrum but bigger. Keep the banked corners before the straight-away. Their great.

other than that the track is awesome just ashame it isnt in the north east region for this year:cry:

ben

Stu 19-03-2008 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben (Post 105465)
Huge american style jumps please.

Ben - you gonna build it?

I'm with Dan, best track there is, joint with Southport & Stotfold.

If it's not broke don't fix it.

super__dan 19-03-2008 09:47 PM

I dissagree Ben/Carl, Bury is un ashamedly a UK track, not an air track. Without wishing to sound harsh the newer jumps over the last year I though detracted from the track, rather than added to it. It's a track you drive hard and fast round and I love it, trouble is for me with not regional or national I'm not sure I'll get to race there at all this year :(

bigred5765 19-03-2008 10:17 PM

you seem to have missed what me and ben mean dan
we love bury too, and have missed not being able to race there over winter love it to bits
but the newer stuff needs to be bigger to make it a feature and not a obstical

Chrislong 19-03-2008 10:19 PM

Why email them, when we have a good facility for discussion on oOple? :thumbsup:

The track is amongst the best in the country, im quite gutted that a national isn't going to be there in 2008 - it'll lead to less attendance as many come to practice the track, myself included. So how about flood lights and Friday night racing once or twice per month weather permitting?

I think the area where (1) the start grid is could be extended into being part of the track, flags removed, with an exit to it from the outside of the banked corner which we'll be able to jump from so a nice downslope to land on at speed into a corner.

Perhaps the tripple (10) needs further tweaking, the idea evolved a lot from the original. If the area between the 2nd and 3rd hump was filled to make it more of a "hump into table top", then it'd be easier for all. Personally i'll still be clearing it, im thinking of those that don't.

Could you blag the council to cover the remains of the gym, so we can have a covered pitting area? that'd be cool.... perhaps that idea is a bit off the scale interms of do-ability.

Chrislong 19-03-2008 10:24 PM

The trouble with getting more air by making bigger features, is although on paper it seems a good idea but those who suggest it will not be there to use it as often as the clublevel racers who it needs to be there loyaly weekly (please don't take that as a dig, I include myself in that - we need to keep the track do-able for it to survive as newby racers won't come back if they can't do a clean lap & we need them)., and those that use it weekly will get frustrated by not being able todo it. You may not realise (or forgotten) but when there is any breeze, there is little wind breakage around the track and it really blows the cars around to the point of not being able to predict any kind of heroics.

bigred5765 19-03-2008 10:39 PM

hmm great post
but im thinking along the lines of the jumps bumps and bomb hole's at stotfold
which i think is one of the best tracks in the uk right now

Chrislong 19-03-2008 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigred5765 (Post 105492)
hmm great post
but im thinking along the lines of the jumps bumps and bomb hole's at stotfold
which i think is one of the best tracks in the uk right now

Stotfold is a marmite track, and Bury doesn't want that, it needs a Lucy Pinder track (i.e. everyone wants to be on it). A bomb hole works well but it'll fill with water, as the whole field is level at Bury and the track isn't raised, so there is nowhere for a hole to drain - as that hole will be the lowest point.

bigred5765 19-03-2008 11:22 PM

lol nice one chris
who would'nt want to be on lucy pinder
about stotfold, just as a example i ment not copy
hate marmite buy the way

ben 19-03-2008 11:32 PM

Carl thats what i had in my mind about the jumps being like stotfold. But bury is a completely different kind of track to stotfold which tests the drivers skill more with their being multi-surfaces. But back to my original post about how to improve the track. I think the track works very well as it is but the double can sometimes be a bit hard to judge because it is quite far away. What i ment by american stlye jumps was jumps that had landings to them and that were consistent.
Maybe a wall of death somewhere but that would require a digger:thumbsup::p:drool:
This is just my opinions though:cool:

ben

Lee 19-03-2008 11:56 PM

Not been there for a while but the only thing i dislike about the current track was the triples, i could clear the 2nd two but its quite hit and miss sometimes. The double on the back section was made much better, it is so much more consistent now than it was but still not perfect on the up ramp the car can do random things.

I like the track, but these are just my 2p`s worth:thumbsup:

Richard Lowe 20-03-2008 01:10 AM

Bury is pretty much perfect as it is! Since the latest jumps were added/tweaked it has to be one of the best tracks in the country :D

The triple before the banking can be a bit hit and miss in 2wd to clear, but thats only because of the sand coming out of the astro. Once all thats settled down properly it will probably get more consistent :)

Teddy truman 20-03-2008 07:50 AM

American tracks dont always have lots of big jumps! they have quite alot of small ones that you just have to get the down ramp to be fast! like a small double with a down ramp that is nice and long and has a corner after it...

Teddy truman 20-03-2008 07:51 AM

American tracks dont always have lots of big jumps! they have quite alot of small ones that you just have to get the down ramp to be fast! like a small double with a down ramp that is nice and long and has a corner after it...

keep bury as it is just re profile your jumps if you want to do anything....

Swiss 20-03-2008 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrislong (Post 105498)
Stotfold is a marmite track, and Bury doesn't want that, it needs a Lucy Pinder track (i.e. everyone wants to be on it). A bomb hole works well but it'll fill with water, as the whole field is level at Bury and the track isn't raised, so there is nowhere for a hole to drain - as that hole will be the lowest point.

Surely Chris, every track is a Marmite track... All tracks will be split by opinion.

Chrislong 20-03-2008 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee (Post 105515)
The double on the back section was made much better, it is so much more consistent now than it was but still not perfect on the up ramp the car can do random things.

Hey Lee,
Agree with this, but a lot of it is caused by the wind. On a mild day I can get the jump 100% lap after lap, then on a windy day, im lucky to land 1 in 10 if I try to make the down ramp.

The moral of the story is... stay off the beans :lol: